2010 GT1 World Championship

Great news. Its not the first time however. Speedhunters are running the Player for a few months allready.
But he ... i guess Race Department is the better choice. : -)

Congrats RD!!

The GT1 series has been excellent so far & will only get better. Look forward to watching it live on RD in the future.

Cheers.

The motorsport media is awash with speculation over a possible foray into the FIA GT1 World Championship by Toyota motorsport in the shape of the Lexus LFA.

The LFA has already competed at three Nurburgring 24-hour races as part of an extensive development programme, placing first in class this year.

In a report on the possible involvement of Lexus in GT1, Peter Lyon of Motor Trend said: "In a series that is widely considered to be the pinnacle of sports car racing, Toyota will come up against the likes of Aston Martin, Corvette, Ford, Lamborghini, Nissan and Maserati.

Read more at GT1World.com

The motorsport media is awash with speculation over a possible foray into the FIA GT1 World Championship by Toyota motorsport in the shape of the Lexus LFA.

LexusGT1.jpgThe LFA has already competed at three Nurburgring 24-hour races as part of an extensive development programme, placing first in class this year.

In a report on the possible involvement of Lexus in GT1, Peter Lyon of Motor Trend said: "In a series that is widely considered to be the pinnacle of sports car racing, Toyota will come up against the likes of Aston Martin, Corvette, Ford, Lamborghini, Nissan and Maserati.

Read more at GT1World.com

The more manufacturers the merrier & adds a lot of creedence to the GT1 series. As the LFA roadcar sounds sensational, one can only think the racecar will sound even better.

Koray Can;585185 said:
My memory is a bit of a mush right now, but didn't Clarkson & crew deem the car rather pointless? Does anyone really buy a "Lexus" for that kind of money?

Hammond said the car was fantastic, but why pay the price for Lexus when you can have a Ferrari :) Will still make a great addition to GT1, and maybe give the Lexus brand a bit more kudos at the same time

Do people really care what 3 guys on a comedy show (albeit a very good one) like Top Gear have to say about a car they test? I watch it for the laughs and go read Evo if I want to know more specific details.

TJP;585305 said:
Do people really care what 3 guys on a comedy show (albeit a very good one) like Top Gear have to say about a car they test? I watch it for the laughs and go read Evo if I want to know more specific details.
No more than I care about what evo says. I just watched a clip of Chris Harris' review online and he was just practically begging us not to think about the price.

Well, best of luck to them anyway in FiA GT.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.