2010 GT1 World Championship

Great racing again and i love the coverage.
To bad the Vette had a 110 kilo penalty because they won last race @ Abu.
Think they better need to look a the practice times on Friday and the apply weight penalty's for that race.
Because the Vette already wasnt that strong on Silverstone and now they really didnt had a change.

Obviously this was the best race event of the weekend (WTCC, GT1, MotoGP). It was good to watch after the horrible wtcc races.
I was running back'n'forth between my PC and TV, switching sport channels. Now only one thing remains: watching the replay of the GT3 race. Did you know that the GT3 has the same Live TV as the GT1. Visit http://www.gt3europe.com

Ah thanks for link. GT3 is also quite fun. Lots of different cars. :)
Did you guys see that wing of the M6? That thing is massive. :D

That was a really great race. You could tell that they wanted the maseratti team to win. I guess when you're the 3 time champ, you get a lot of coverage but that race for 5th place with the 2 maseratti cars and the Lambo (a great race) was covered for about 20 minutes while the 3 leaders battled it out 4 seconds ahead without a camera on them!!!

Man the defending champ is an impatient driver.... diving inside and swerving every straight and turn.... must have been unnerving for that Lambo driver. in the end, his nerves were shot and the maseratti cars held the inside line and was able to take him (by running him wide and off) before the downhill straight stretch on the back of the track... Not exactly a clean pass but i guess if you're champ..... Everything goes your way.That lambo should've held his line and not let the maseratti not have room to get a good run on him down the straight. Oh well... was entertaining.

Ya know, it's a strange situation that I'm experiencing as I'm fast becoming a fan of the FIA GT Championship however in this country and generally on the net, there's poor coverage of this series.

Enjoying it none the less!!!

Spa will be a busy weekend for 'home' team Marc VDS Racing. Apart from their GT1 duties, they have also entered two cars in the Total 24 Hours of Spa.
The fifth round of the FIA GT1 World Championship will feature regular drivers Bas Leinders and Maxime Martin in the No.40 and Markus Palttala and Renaud Kuppens in the No.41.

Marc VDS would appear to be in good shape for the rigours of the weekend given that the team scored a GT1 win in the Spa 1000 km race a couple of weeks' ago.
Fourth place in the Championship Race at Paul Ricard also suggests that the Ford GT is on the up. Leinders said. "Of course I hope that we can continue where we left off. Our fourth place in Le Castellet was our best result until now and I am sure that we can claim a top 10 spot in the Championship.

" MARC_VDS_NO.40_-_SPA_.jpgFor a first season that would be great. Obviously, I am also looking forward to racing in front of our home crowd, I quietly hope we can claim a podium finish."
His co-driver Martin is equally bullish despite havng to carry success ballast into Spa: "The Paul Ricard result really gave us wings," he said. "Yes, we will have to carry 10 kg success ballast because of our fourth place, but that should not hinder us too much.

Read More...

Stephane Ratel, the mastermind of the FIA GT1 World Championship, today announced the latest target markets for the series and the prospect of a new brand joining the starting grid in 2011.
Discussions are advanced with promoters in North America and China to host a round of the series. That would take GT1 racing to five continents around the globe – Asia/Middle East, Europe, North America, Africa and South America.

“Our main objective is to continue the globalization of the championship,” Ratel, the CEO of SRO (Stephane Ratel Organisation), said. “As a world championship we want to visit the world.
"We want to bring the championship in to the biggest markets, the fastest expanding markets and all of the main markets such as the US. Next year we have worked as a priority to take GT1 to the North America, we have ongoing contacts in the US and in Canada.

“Our second market, the fastest growing market on the planet is China. We have had extremely good contact with China and we are working hard to take the championship there.

“We believe that most of our existing events will continue, but in the future it is no secret that we will reduce the number of events in Europe in order to have more events overseas.”
Ratel also confirmed that there was a strong possibility of BMW joining the six existing brands of Aston Martin, Corvette, Ford, Lamborghini, Maserati and Nissan for the 2011 season.

Read more here

SRO_Rattel.jpg

Maybe it would be the other way around. It would depends on what the stipulations for entry to the series are, they may be contractually obliged to provide licensing for cars that compete in the championship.

On the news, its pretty cool news. Ill be very interested to see what they can do.

Today Spa-Francorchamps will host the fifth round of the FIA GT1 World Championship. You can follow all the action live via high quality internet streams.

Right after the championship race the FIA GT2 and GT3 car will take over from their big brothers and battle a full day for the glorious victory in the Total 24 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps.

Don't miss out on all the action and tune in on time and enjoy another legendary GT weekend!

Broadcasting schedule:

FIA GT1 World Championship
Saturday July 31, 10:05 GMT, click here to watch the GT1 World Video Player

Total 24 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps
Saturday July 31, 13:45 GMT, click here to watch the GT2 World Video Player

Enjoy and leave your race comments below.

Spa_logo.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back