2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys have way better players in almost every line. But the attitude is changing here in Holland. We always play nice since 1974 but look what it gave us over the years, one cup in 1988 and thats it. Like i said the attitude is changing. Me as Ajax fan also doesnt care anymore about the style i want to win the national trophy again wich is taking already 6 years.

Ajax specially is an example, and have been for years. To me Robben is a mster, with Sneijder maybe and even Rafael Van der Vaart is a top class player. I mean, you should play better football than you showed.

Spain had no more than you until a couple of years ago Ivo, luck have been never an allied of Spain since now, but I think we never tried to play in other style, we always played the same football, with best or worse players, winning or loosing.

You only won in one aspect of the final...

I would rather prefeer stay true to my style playing well and loose than win this way... patience and the Netherlands will be up again.

The worst thing is Cruijff taught at Barcelona how play and pass the ball. And now you are the ones who are taking advantage. And imo Iniesta and Puyol deserved a red card next to Van Bommel and De Jong. Heitinga's red card was bull****. Elia should've received a free kick when he was blocked by two players.

You only won in one aspect of the final...

I would rather prefeer stay true to my style playing well and loose than win this way... patience and the Netherlands will be up again.
I wouldn't anymore. We have played nice enough since 1974 but never won a prize. I'd rather have three or four stars on my chest now (1974, 1978, 1998 and 2010) than nothing like we have now. I'd rather win than play beautiful football. In the past I would agree with you, but not anymore..

Until now, the Italians plauyed always bad and won some titles, but they are known because of the "Catenaccio"... until now Holland was know because of the beautyfull playing.

And mate, Spain is not only Barcelona F.C.

Until now, the Italians plauyed always bad and won some titles, but they are known because of the "Catenaccio"... until now Holland was know because of the beautyfull playing.

And mate, Spain is not only Barcelona F.C.
The midfield is by far the best part of the team. Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta. Xabi Alonso as Liverpool guy as well, but that's a minority. the passing game is the most important on the midfield and that's where Spain won the game. So it's for a big part FC Barcelona.

However the number of (ex)-Ajax players in the Dutch team is very large as well.

Stekelenburg, Van der Wiel and De Zeeuw play at Ajax currently.
Ex-Ajax players are: Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Heitinga, Boschker, De Jong, Babel and Huntelaar.
Ooijer is a product from the Ajax-youth, but never played on a professional level for Ajax.

That was a boring final, for me anyway (the neutral) so flowing play until extra time and horrific tackles. Howard Webb is a tube, the second I heard he was refereeing I knew the final was doomed. People from England and finals don't really mix well :D Good to see an Arsenal player (but for how long :() in Fabregas coming on and changing the game. IMO he should of been starting.

Xabi Alonos is not a Liverpool player since 2009 seasson Johan... and in the midfield of Spain, Jesus Navas played (Sevilla FC), Xabi Alonso played (Real Madrid), David Silva played (Valencia CF), Cesc Fabregas played (Arsenal)... the striker David Villa has signed a contract with Barcelona this year, but he ended the 2009 seasson wiht Valencia CF.... Segio Ramos is Real Madrid player, Joan Capdevilla is VillarealCF player, IKer Casillas is Real Madrid player, and Piqué and Pujol are Barcelona players... so IT IS NOT ONLY BARCELONA, but we have the influence of his great play, probably because Andres Iniesta and Xavi Hernandez are the haerts of both teams.

GOALKEEPERS:

Iker Casillas (Real Madrid),
José Manuel Reina (Liverpool),
Víctor Valdés (Barcelona)

DEFENSE:

Raúl Albiol (Real Madrid)
Álvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid)
Joan Capdevila (Villarreal)
Carlos Marchena (Valencia)
Gerard Piqué (Barcelona)
Carles Puyol (Barcelona)
Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)

MIDFIELDERS:

Xabier Alonso (Real Madrid)
Sergio Busquets (Barcelona)
Cesc Fábregas (Arsenal)
Andrés Iniesta (Barcelona)
Javier Martínez (Athletic Club)
David Jiménez Silva (Valencia)
Xavi Hernández (Barcelona).

STRIKERS:

Jesús Navas González (Sevilla)
Juan Manuel Mata (Valencia)
Pedro Rodríguez (Barcelona)
Fernando Llorente (Athletic Club)
Fernando Torres (Liverpool)
David Villa (Valencia)

I think more he tries to say David is the Holland school started in Barcelona with Cruijff as trainer and Koeman and Van Gaal in later stages
And clubs took that over (Real Madrid for example) and then that kind of Football followed into the Spanish national team and now they kicked our ass :D. Because those guys needed to give away our Holland recipy. :wink:

Spanish team is always been good since the Holland school started with Cruijff. (think its one of the foundations)
But with the devided country it never came out on big Tournaments. Except the last 2 years where are no more clashes between Catalonian players and Spanish players in the team. Outside in the normal world its offcourse still different.

Cruyff was an influence on Spanish football, specially on Barcelona.

But remember Cruyff was at Barça in the eraly 90s... we are in 2010.

And for that time, teams as Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia, Sevilla, Atletico de Madird, etc already had won a lot of international trophies before Cruyff reached Barcelona. Real Madrid have 9 champions leagues as an example with a totally diferent style.

I hope all the teams played that football Cruyff or Barça represents.

I can talk about a lot of if's and but's about last nights final, but in the end Spain was just a little bit better and scored the goal in the dying minutes of the game...... I hoped Holland to bring the tie home until the end of the 2nd half of extra time, after Heitinga was sent off, but that wasn't meant to be. We we're sooooo close....but not close enough.

In 2012 we'll try again to bring another cup home and hopefully beat Spain in the final!!!!

Felicidades Espana.

Now.....where is my racion de Pulpo frito :)

LOL Maurice! Gracias!

Heitinga red car was a compensation for De Jonk´s one...

after the match i have to admit that De Jong's Karatekick should have been red. But some players on both sides were on edge of a red card: van Bommel was playing on the edge for almost 90 minutes, Puyol could have gotten his 2nd yellow for holding Robben, Iniesta could have gotten instant Red for deliberately pushing van Bommel (you just have to stay off players)....

But that didn't happen. the game has ended, we just need to live with the result and the result was that Spain won en we lost.

btw im still tired as hell from watching that game. The heat and all the WC tension has taken its toll on me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes