2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't wait to watch the finals today. since i'm not a fan of football (called soccer here) i'll just keep saying "kick it!" and "GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". sounds like fun to me.

Think i am gonna watch inside tonight. :D

weerj.jpg

Damnit, i have a BBQ with friends and watching on a big screen!!! Why?? We have this ridiculous hot weather for two weeks and rain at the finals??

Oh well, lets compensate with the world cup then :)

well bram get your beer out. get ready for a huge match. watch the f1 race and the world cup almost at the same time. i might go on the paddock in teamspeak and act like a commentator. you guys should brodcast the game and use me as the commentator. lol "he goes through the center, he kicks it, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!"

Congratulations to Holland, made a very intelligent match, knowing how they could beat Spain and create chances to socore and win.

Was a match with many alternatives for both teams, really close, and IMHO a good final.

Only negative point was an excessive hard tackling in the first stages of the match that could end with more players out of the match, but the refree was very English and managed it to control it with words.

For sure won't be easy for Holland now, but my respects to the team and their performance along the championship.

Cya tomorrow.

Thanks you referee for killing the whole game.
Sneijder takes a free kick and it deflects the wall and he gives a goal kick and out of it Spain scores.
Can't believe one person totally screw up a game.

Imo you can blame the referee but it wasn't one sided, at the first half, Netherlands' Red Card wasn't given ( A Hollandish player kicked a Spanish Player's chest ).

Strange corner/out mistakes by referee and i agree with blind joke :D .

And if Robben didn't try to stand instead of falling down, he could get a Red Card to Puyol there.

Two sides deserved the win but they can't win together so it went to Spain, Thanks to both teams for this awesomely exciting match! :)

Sneijder takes a free kick and it deflects the wall and he gives a goal kick and out of it Spain scores.

So the refree killed the whole game because he made a mistake (not in the same play than the goal by the way) giving a corner kick?

If it wasn't because the refree (only an English refree can do that good managing players) you would end up the first half with 9 players in the field.

Please don't ruin a brilliant Holland match like that.

Cya.

No, I'm very calm with this things, I saw the match at my parent's place with the family, then came back home.

Most of people is not celebrating in the streets, we normally do that with the club teams, but with the nacional is not that common, probably we aren't habituated yet :D

Cya.

Most of people is not celebrating in the streets...

Xosé this have to be in the north of the country or at your place I suppose... here in my town people has gone crazy and ALL the ****ing population is in the main plaza of the town celebrating how it deserves... including me and my friends! And I would say in every single village of the 90% of the country people is celebrating on the streets. This is historic, and finally we got a bit of luck.

David i know you are probably are going wild right now.

Yeah, exactly! :thumb:

LOL Ivo! It is really fun how you manage to turn things the other way around on any sport (...I guess you like polemics...:tongue:) so a not given corner decided the match? Cmon! Holland decided to win the final trying to get our players out of the game with that intense and brutal tackling, not making honour to your brilliant football past, and it have been because of the stupid referee you have not ended the match with 9 or 8 players. It have been a shame for your history at the world cup and a good example of how not to play football.

...my father always talked me about the 70's tulipans and I grew up with the awesome late 80's early 90's team too, so in our folk Holland means good football.
I agree and I also grew up with it, this is why I think Van Batsen, Neskens or Cruyff has to be ashamed right now.

Congrats Spain :)

Agree on the blind referee. How to kill a match will all those yellow cards. He should have given a red card for the karate kid and thats it. Completely agree with Ivo how on earth could the ref reward a goalkick while it should have been a corner. The ball literally bounced meters aways via that spanish player. Instead the spaniards score one attack later becasue we had an empty spot in the defense.

Robben was weird last night. Normally he falls down (or out of the stadium) when the opponent just looks at him. Now Puyol litterally hung over him and all he had to do was go lie down ---> red card for Puyol, penalty kick and take the victory with us.

Oh well, better luck in the next final in 2042

New sport: Jong-Fu

LOL Ivo! It is really fun how you manage to turn things the other way around on any sport (...I guess you like polemics...:tongue:) so a not given corner decided the match? Cmon! Holland decided to win the final trying to get our players out of the game with that intense and brutal tackling, not making honour to your brilliant football past, and it have been because of the stupid referee you have not ended the match with 9 or 8 players. It have been a shame for your history at the world cup and a good example of how not to play football.

I agree and I also grew up with it, this is why I think Van Batsen, Neskens or Cruyff has to be ashamed right now.

Thats not what i said, i said the Ref killed also the flow of the game. And it has nothing to do with the history. That was a different kind of Football back in the day wich doesnt suit anymore in modern Football

@Ivo: The Netherlands play was not so different and Spain is a clear example you can attempt playing good football. In my opinion when you have been always a reference in beautyfull play, it has to do with history, but yesterday you exchanged your old times "first class" with that horrible and brutal play, and it is specially weird because you have the players and skills to play at the highest level.

About the referee, well what can you expect when you do 28 faults in a match? Having a nice play flow? I don´t think so. Some of your faults where beyond the limits and you where lucky to reach the extra time with 11 players.

@ Bram: Thanks for the gratings! :) I agree that foul kick should have been a corner and never a goal kick, that probably would have changed the final score, but we will never know.

About Puyol action on Robben, I agree it was red card. Referee applied the "advantage rule" but after the Robben´s miss shoot he should have showed the red card as Pujol was the last defense, but I think he was away of the area Bram, and it would have been a fault and not a penalty kick. :tongue: Anyway, if he had showed red card to Pujol, half of the Holland team would have been booked with red card on yesterday´s match.

There was also a clear penalty on Xavi Hernandez that the referee didn´t saw...
1278875319_extras_ladillos_3_0.jpg

I hope you find your way back to your best football expression soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes