2009 World Touring Car Championship

jepp very complicated indeed.
But they also reconsider the reversed grid regulation. I would prefer something like in the btcc.
The current WTCC reversed grid-regulations reverses the top eight in the finishing order of race one. This how ever can encourage drivers to slow down to be able to get a better starting position in the second race.

Hi there are new Pics on the web with the design. Looks nicer now.

wtcc08120301.jpg

wtcc08120302.jpg

I also found a concept car, which looks very sick

conceptcars-wtccultra-2008-wallpaper-download-1024x768-04.jpg

Yeah that concept car was pretty cool indeed but is already from 2007 and was a concept for WTCC. Although i like the Cruze as a real big touring car the concept WTCC would have been brilliant too!

Youtube is our friend. It seems that they are very much at work already in creating the track. It is less urban then we thought: lots of sand, dust and trees that make it very interesting i would say. Enjoy:

[media]http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=tvohf-YPnZQ[/media]

The Brazilian stages of the Intercontinental Rally Challenge and World Touring Car Championship will be run simultaneously in Curitiba in 2009.

The Curitiba Rally service park is expected to be based in close proximity to the Curitiba circuit paddock, with the rally ending just before the WTCC races begin.

"This is a new concept we have come up with that should benefit both series and present the public with a spectacle that has never been seen before," Geraldine Filiol, managing director of IRC promoter Eurosport Events, revealed.

Read more at Eurosport Yahoo

I suppose that car is for the nurburgring 24h if you look at the "Ring" sticker at the back of it. And if you look at the tires, it's Michelin, WTCC uses Yokohama.

But i agree with you, it would suit in WTCC and right now it's rumored that a Scirocco will join STCC with Tobias Johansson behind the wheel :D

Who all will be participating in WTCC next year? Didn't BMW factory drop out? Not a whole lot of WTCC information makes its way across the pond :/

Do not take this as certain - as this is just from the top of my head and what I can remember seeing - please feel free everyone to correct it:

5 Works BMWs - Priaulx, Muller, Farfus, Zanardi, Porteiro(Should be the same driver line up although Hernandez is looking at trying to get a works drive apparently).

5 Works SEAT - same lineup as 2008 - Y Muller, Monteiro, Gene, Rydell, Tarquini

3 Works Chevrolet - Menu, Larini, Huff

2 Works LADAs - I can't remember seeing the driver line up

2 Proteam BMWs - Maybe Hernandez and one other (but not D'Aste)

2 Team Engstler BMWs - Engstler and Poulson

Sunred SEAT - At least 1 car (for the SEAT Eurocup round winners)

-------------------------------------------------------

Rumours that I have seen, but I can't remember if they are definates:

2 more independent LADAs
N-Technology seem unlikely to be back as at the moment they cannot get the budget they need.
Wiechers Sport BMW - I read a rumour of D'Aste possibly being in a car.
Coronel - As of Macau 2008, it wasn;t sure if he would be back
Not heard anything on Pierre-Yves Corthals.

And of course you are going to get the local wildcard entries at certain races, although I think I may of read that if the BTCC teams want to race at the Brands Hatch meeting, they would need to get special permission (something to do with the BTCC also using the Grand Prix layout at Brand Hatch next year, which means they would need permission to race the WTCC round)

It seems to be official that VW will enter the stcc for 2009, :rotfl: but I haven't seen anything on a wtcc entry though.

Attachments

• biogas-scirocco2-stcc-121608.jpg
    biogas-scirocco2-stcc-121608.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 220
  • biogas-scirocco-stcc-121608.png
    biogas-scirocco-stcc-121608.png
    144 KB · Views: 225

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling