2009 World Touring Car Championship

It looks great but, is that an e90 front bumper? kinda looks like one to me. :)

i agree with you willi on the bumper but if you look closely it may look like a BMW bumper but the lines are very different, the chevy bumper is more incline, the side goes futher on the side panel and its less rounded then the BMW. its closer to a cadillac bumper then a BMW bumper in my opinion.

someone ask if it would be a FRW or a RWD, i don't think chevy will go for a RWD, they had some success with their lacetti so would stick to that but who knows never know with GM :pound:

• Stirb Iuliu

I hope it won't. It will ruin all the fun and it will sound like a taxi, not like a proper 8,000 rpm race-car.

I'm pleased to be going back to Porto and even more pleased to see no Imola. Also pleased to see 4 street tracks as I prefer the street tracks generally.

Its a shame they can't do a Swedish race to replace Anderstorp (I take it the facilities at Mantorp are not quite up to their standard?).

I think the problem for the WTCC is that some of the tracks they use are too big for them, to me they just look lost on tracks like Brno and Monza and crowd don't see much of them. (I know the racing has been good at both this year, but the crowd don't really get much for it, only seeing the cars 9 times in 1 race).

The ETC Cup races today at Salzburgring were fantastic and the track much better sized for touring car racing than Brno or Monza.

Brno is a real technical track and the drivers love to go there. Also there is a huge crowd in the Czech Republic. I have there this year and you would expect such a modern complex like Brno in Eastern Europe at first. But man it is one of the best venues i have been this year. Love it!
I dont think the problem is the longer tracks but the short races :) but on the other hand, sprintraces provide great television

• Alan Chan

Wow, Porto..
the last chicane is very technical as we play at Race07

The racing is often very tight in WTCC, but I find several tracks on the calendar to be rediculously unsuitable for a series that tops out at 250kph (Brno; Monza; Macau).

Then there are narrow tracks that pretty much rule out overtaking (Pau; Porto; Puebla; Marrakech?).

Does not leave much of the calendar, especially when in my view a lot of the others are dull circuits (Valencia; Oscerscheleben; Curitiba)! :D

A few tracks I would love to see included would be:-
Fundidora Park (Mexico)
Sears Point Long (USA)
Barbagello (Australia)
Le Mas Du Clos (France)
Jarama (Spain)
Teretonga (New Zealand)
Zandvoort (Holland)
Sugo (Japan)
Tsukuba (Japan)
Kyalami (South Africa)
Taruma (Brazil)

• Erik Åhlen

The racing is often very tight in WTCC, but I find several tracks on the calendar to be rediculously unsuitable for a series that tops out at 250kph (Brno; Monza; Macau).

Monza suits all cars :) Just have a look at this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keg6sCKbwHE[/media]

Macau might not be the best circuit for overtakings, but it's still a big challenge. I agree with you on Brno though, but I think quite a lot of people attends the event there, which might be why they've still got it in the calendar

• Wido Rossen

Sad for the spectators but great news for T.C.
With his petrol engine he had major problems to stay with the big boys as they hat more topspeed.

Personally, from a spectating view, I would definitely chose Imola over Monza. The elevation changes and mix of all sorts of corner types appeal to me. Not to mention than on a negative side, I see no appeal of watching cars take a few chicanes at ~100kph and then floor the pedal to 230kph+ inbetween at Monza.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 32 24.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 26 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 23 17.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 7 5.4%