July 5 - PORTUGAL Porto *
July 19 - GREAT BRITAIN Brands Hatch
August 30 - GERMANY Oschersleben
October 4 - ITALY Monza
October 25 - JAPAN Okayama
November 22 - MACAU Macau
* subject to the FIA homologation of the circuit
http://www.fiawtcc.com/fiawtcc/

I thought the same Warren, according to all messages the last months i thought that Macau was to be removed from the 2009 calendar, and i was hoping for an aussie track as replacement.
But to be honest Bathurst was in the WTCC in 1987 but nowadays the track would be way to long for a sprintserie as WTCC is. Hidden Valley would be more suitable, or Barbagallo :D

I thought the same Warren, according to all messages the last months i thought that Macau was to be removed from the 2009 calendar, and i was hoping for an aussie track as replacement.
But to be honest Bathurst was in the WTCC in 1987 but nowadays the track would be way to long for a sprintserie as WTCC is. Hidden Valley would be more suitable, or Barbagallo :D

Eastern Creek, Sandown, or Phillip Island, (maybe Barbagallo ??) would be the most suitable to attract the big crowds. These are also ideally suited to WTCC formats and have the best quality facilities.

WTCC cars were very popular in Oz before the V8 Supercars dominated, but if they included the events in the same program with V8's, they would pull big crowds and media support. We already have the MINI Challenge now, and it is proving very popular and getting lots of TV coverage in it's own right.

Motor racing is actually huge in Australia (and NZ too).

If they can cover Mexico and Macau, surely Australia wouldn't be much of a barrier. Just needs someone to show some enterprise, and try to do a deal with AVESCO, who are very dominant here. AVESCO are looking strongly at pushing V8's further across the world and are pretty adventurous.
Maybe the WTCC will meet some competition one day from them.

Chevrolet Cruze 2009 WTCC

Chevrolet showed some pictures of their new car - the Chevrolet Cruze.

Attachments

• Chevrolet Cruze 1.jpg
    Chevrolet Cruze 1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 419
  • Chevrolet Cruze 2.jpg
    Chevrolet Cruze 2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 356
I hope that next year in Monza will increase the laps number...only 9 laps in monza = 18 minuts for a race is too quick .... :bolt:

I hope they will use Monza Junior. I sat on the main stand last week and with 9 laps you can hardly call it a race from spectator point of view! I would like to see them come buy for 20 times each race :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 261 13.6%