2009 World Touring Car Championship

Fully agree NotG. Monza isnt this best touringcar track for sure. Like i've said in another post i would prefer Monza "Junior" layout out over the big GP one for sure. Spectators also dont have the best view on the track. But, you have to be at the Monza track once to understand what i mean. When you enter that track you "feel" the history, the atmosphere. Seeing that immense park, the old oval, the huge pitbox area everything breaths racin' there. Same goes for Imola ofcourse. But there are numerous of tracks that can be scraped from the WTCC calendar that dont offer anything at all compared to the italian race :)

First images of the Chevrolet Cruze WTCC 2009

For all you touring car fans out there: The first pictures of the Chevrolet Cruze.

This is the brand new car that will be used in the World Touring Car Championship 2009. Shots are taken during the tests in Estoril Portugal last week.

"The Cruze is Chevrolet Europe's new core model and the launch of the new road car in the showrooms blends in perfectly with with the start of the 2009 season, so the WTCC car will once again have an important role to play for the market place. With the success and experience we have gained in the past four seasons incorporated in this new race car, i am convinced that the Cruze can achieve new ambitions for Chevrolet in the WTCC" said Chevrolet Europe Motorsport Director Eric Nève on the Chevrolet WTCC website

Pictures: Chevrolet Europe

Attachments

• Chevrolet Cruze WTCC 1.jpg
    Chevrolet Cruze WTCC 1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 274
  • Chevrolet Cruze WTCC 2.jpg
    Chevrolet Cruze WTCC 2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 256
  • Chevrolet Cruze WTCC 3.jpg
    Chevrolet Cruze WTCC 3.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 256
  • Chevrolet Cruze WTCC 4.jpg
    Chevrolet Cruze WTCC 4.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 233
  • Wido Rossen

When you see the back it almost looks like a beemer....:go-away:
Specialy the tail lights remind me of the german rival.
The car is mutch better looking then the lacetti.

I fully agree the atmosphere at Monza is something else but the track just doesnt hav the same attraction to drive. I was there in 1998 i think it was, stayed in motorhome at 1st chicane with Eddie Irvines dad.Was a 1-2 finish for Schuey and Eddie and he gav me his race helmet. Monza a very special place!

Looks like we may be without the N.Technology team next year according to this story on Touring Car Times:

http://touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=2941

Its a real shame that no large sponsor or Honda have stepped up to help them as they have worked wonders with a new car and a small budget and I think it will be a shame if the works deal gets given to a new team. I also read on the ten-tenths forum that Thompson says he doesn't expect to be in WTCC next year as well.

Between no N-Tech and no Coronel (rumoured) at the moment thats 2 of the best bits of the WTCC gone.

I've also read however that RBM have ordered 100 tyres for winter testing - so it looks like Priaulx will be back next year.

MGP, promoter of the WTCC Race of Morocco, have unveiled the layout of the non-permanent racetrack in Marrakech that will host the third meeting of the 2009 World Touring Car Championship on May 3rd.
The circuit was designed by D3 Motorsport Development, MGP’s partner in Morocco, and one of the world’s leading motorsport development companies. D3 is responsible for the construction of four of the most competitive and successful racetracks in motorsports, such as Surfers’ Paradise in Australia.

Read more at fiawtcc.com

• Andy Marsden

Doesn't look that exciting, not many tricky corners

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back