2009 RD Touring Car Championship (STCC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a few questions as I know that Blue Flag has a lot of guys wanting to race:
1. How will the invited teams be decided on, and by who?
2. Would the larger teams then be allowed more spots?
3. How will qualifying work with only 25 guys allowed in each race? My vote is
Superpole, one lap that counts out of maybe 10 allowed or something. Or
Traditional superpole - one out, one counts, one in lap. - Just an Idea...
OK thanks, please keep us posted on the latest news on this.

I think that prequalify system should be enabled- only 25 fastest guys in each race (invited before)

But the prequaly system for the RDWTCC last year was not a good judge of ability IMO. Guys would go do 200 laps and get that one "golden lap" and then be in group 1 or 2 but be way off the pace.
I think a prequalifying system with a lap cap ( say 20 laps) would be a better way. I would even be into superpole as a prequaly system. You log in - do your 3 laps and log out. It is the ultimate way to test your ability, and consistencey.

But the prequaly system for the RDWTCC last year was not a good judge of ability IMO. Guys would go do 200 laps and get that one "golden lap" and then be in group 1 or 2 but be way off the pace.
I think a prequalifying system with a lap cap ( say 20 laps) would be a better way. I would even be into superpole as a prequaly system. You log in - do your 3 laps and log out. It is the ultimate way to test your ability, and consistencey.
yes, not everybody can race more that 200 laps on the pre qualy
a cap would be great, like it was in the mini league

Without posting this as the absolute truth, that will come once the format gets released (so don't nail me down on it):

1. How will the invited teams be decided on, and by who?

To be announced later

2. Would the larger teams then be allowed more spots?

No
3. How will qualifying work with only 25 guys allowed in each race? My vote is
Superpole, one lap that counts out of maybe 10 allowed or something. Or
Traditional superpole - one out, one counts, one in lap. - Just an Idea...
OK thanks, please keep us posted on the latest news on this.

With 25 drivers the ingame qualy can be used (superpole, manual superpole, or regular qualification)

I think that prequalify system should be enabled- only 25 fastest guys in each race (invited before)

Never ever prequaly again please :D That was the biggest mistake we have ever made in our league history! Very work intensive, and in now way a reflection of the the ability of the driver.
Too many guys just drove a million laps to get that one lucky lap, brrrr

Never ever prequaly again please :D That was the biggest mistake we have ever made in our league history! Very work intensive, and in now way a reflection of the the ability of the driver.

i thought the pre-qually was ok, but it badly needs a cap on how many laps you do.

say 10 laps.

that way,racers will have to practice elsewhere to get a good set-up so it is consistent enough to get a good qually.

another question; where do i go to get a drive with a team?

Dave

well, we'd love to have another friendly chap like you on, but since each team will only be allowed two slots and Blue Flag has at least half a dozen blokes who want to race this, we're sorry to say we're booked. I think we should look into subdividing and branching off ...

well,if you do decide to branch off into sub-teams i'm available to drive for you, i'm hoping to find a team like yourselves who need reliable consistent(although not supremely fast) drivers.

give me a shout if you need me.

Dave

What about a prequaly and every driver has, let's say 10 laps?
The best possibility in my opinion..

I really enjoyed last years WTCC championship mainly because the Pre-Qual idea meant you were going to be racing 24 others who run at roughly the same pace as yourself. It made the racing very competitive and therefore quite realistic - which is great.

From the bits i have read here, it seems there will be 25 people with varying speeds racing together and as a result you'll get a large field spread and maybe 3 or 4 guys racing each other at any given time.

Personally i love to race in the most competitive enviroment possible and i fear with the proposed format that wont be the case in this championship. However, i do recognise the old format must of been very time consuming to run and since there seems to be alot of championships going on here lately, i guess you guys need to find some kind of compromise.

Just my thoughts,
Ollie W.

Another 2 cents on the qualify system: Why don't have the drivers drive 10 laps in a row (1 shot) and take the average lap time? This would be rather time consuming for organisation, but I think it will give a better view on the real driver's skills. If he crashes during 1 of these 10 laps (without traffic), the chance that he will crash in race would be at least the same, not? Perhaps one could have an average of his 8 best laps or something likewise.
The best times may be different, but the average speed for a few laps should be closer together... Merely an idea.

I am still interested in sundayeve STCC.:dance2:
Is it as usual race around GMT 1900:ish? The later it is, better for me.:beer:
When is it time for signups?:clap:
Can I start my own team already now in GPCOS?:chuck: Mine will be RedWing Racing Team
What carnumber can I choose?:hug-right: I understand the numbers are issued on signup via GPCOS, right?
Ayone here got time over to make me an awsome skin?:worship: no need any more got an awsome one from Jarrod last night.
(me be a big total noob in that skinning doing thing)
No team member yet, have "a soon to be kiwi" that might wan't to join me.:highfive:
Lot's of questions, maybe some awnsers, hopefully.:hug-right:
RDNGP soon over, hope for some more races this year.:eat:

Sry I'm not familiar with the RD Racing leagues (Me first year). But you say there is a qualification for each race to sort out the 25 fastest drivers. So there can sign up more then 25 people for a league ?
Or will this qualification be a pre-league-sign-up qualification ?

I would like to race in the league and when I'm racing in the league I would like to compete with the same drivers each race. But if there is a qualification for each race the grid can change during the league.

Sry I'm not familiar with the RD Racing leagues (Me first year). But you say there is a qualification for each race to sort out the 25 fastest drivers. So there can sign up more then 25 people for a league ?

not to worry, people discuss the old system here, where we first had 4 grids that changed according to race results and then a pre-quali system for each race. If I read Yoeri correctly, the name of the game now is invitation in one tournament and fixed grids (based on who comes first and how well-behaved you have shown yourself to be) for two tournaments. The first system sucked a little if people dropped out of races for technical problems, the second system sucked if you did have neither neither time nor enthusiasm to spend endless hours of getting THE perfect lap. The new system seems OK as long as you are an old hand, for newcomers it might be a bit difficult to get in.

Unfortunately I cannot commit to a full championship that is being held during the weekends. Probably missing out on this one. Sundays will be best but I will probably have to skip to many races...

I still loved the last year race format. At least I knew I am racing guys that are roughly the same speed.

Or do it this wy around: before round 1 a hotlap qualy. Based on the qualy results drivers sorted into divisions. Then first 4 from one division get promoted to the higher one while 4 slowest get relegated. Newcomers start at the last division and have to work their way up. If you miss the event without excuse, you get relegated to bottom. If you are excused you get relegated one division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes