2009 RD Touring Car Championship (STCC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Darren Gardner

I would like to take part in any of them please, but sunday i do a gt-pro league?

tourers, minis, tourers, minis.... ooo the choices we have! but tourers win it..... just :) Saturday evenings races would be better seeing as sunday is a "school night" but will go where the space is.

RS Speedhunter will join RDTCC RACE 07 Cup

:handshake:

Movie:
http://blip.tv/file/1773356

racesteam20090214150057ec2.jpg

We might be up for a change of plans.

Saturday and Sunday Cup will stick, but might be simplified into single-car leagues without teams and thus with only a driver championship.

In that case the R07 Cup get replaced by an invitational licensed league which requires STCC.

Discussion is going on in the Racing Staff corner about this license idea and the future of RaceDepartment league racing.

Will RDTCC R07 Cup Stay with teams championship and stuff or is just the Sat and Sun STCC cup that will be driver's championship only? We was planning on entering 1 or 2 teams in RDTCC R07 Cup (none stcc one ) but obviously if it was driver's championship only we won't compete here.

Initially the plan was all three cups on both driver & team basis. The Sat and Sun cup are changed into single-car league with only a driver championship. The R07 Cup would stay a driver & team challenge, albeit on an invitational basis rather than open and possibly also requiring STCC.

All of this has yet to be decided, but I wanted to let you know so it wouldn't hit like thunder by blue sky. All provided that there is actually going to be a change, of course...

interesting news to chew on - chews awhile - chews awhile - chews awhile - any reason why this is so? too few people turning up for the last RDGTC races?
I have no problem with single drivers, but I would have loved to team up with again with Ivan Novi, a reunion after almost 2 years - gets sentimental - gets sentimental.

Also, I fear that as a perennial slow guy, it might be difficult to get invited.

There are multiple reasons for us to make such considerations. I'll name a few. Consider that for two years we've worked on our leagues of better quality, adding features and removing some others. We haven't ceased doing that and this is in line with that thought.

The return-rate in the past leagues has been poor, even in RDGTC, where the join-requirements were more demanding, we aren't satisfied. Which is why we're trying to create a league system in which that is either no problem on non-existent. If the plans get through we'll do both.

1. A licensed league on invitational basis with limited teams and a large responsibility for the team owner (licenseholder). In the future these licenses will be sold and there no longer is an invitational basis. We aim for broadcasting this league as well.
  2. To accomodate all the rest there will be open leagues as well, though less prestigeous. These will be of low-maintenance for us, being single-car leagues, with a single skin (though varied from #1-25) and an open sign-up procedure.
In short: we put efforts in a prestigeous league with teams and drivers that are dedicated and to accomodate the more casual racers there are open leagues.

Note that the volunteerly character of our Racing Staff is of course also part of the considerations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back