2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before this race I was 7th in the overall standings. Really close up to 4th knowing that Atti had resigned and close a few places behind as well.

In the pre-qual I was only hoping for making it into group 1 but failed with a few tenths as ususal :) Like a habit nowadays :)
But most of the times LUCK has followed me all the way and this time I got the opportunity to enter group 1 in the quali.

Race 1: Started 23rd and I knew if I only was able to take the car 75% I still would have a good chance to end 4th overall. Was taking it easy. Åhlen somehow was behind me and I knew he was a lot faster than me and I had no intention to do what I could to let him stay there. He passed me in a straight and I wasn't driving in the line in one of the fast corners, resulting in a spin with unrecoverable damage! :( OMG! With that in mind I knew I would go down in the list.

Race 2: Was determined to take the car all the way and this time I did it. Finished 17th I guess.

-----------------------------
Grats to all drivers making this a fun season! Especially grats to the overall podium and I hope I can be closer in the future :)

-----------------------------
I finished 8th in the overall standing and I'm really pleased with that.
The most amazing is that Kent Karlén and me finished 3rd in the team championships!!! YEAH!!! Blue Flag Racing - Tre Kronor

I've look at the video and saw you turn into Oliver Amos' car and saw Wido Rossen turn into Valentijn Scholtens car.QUOTE]

It looks like your wright Lucas.
But he or i did not spin and whe where in the same place as before whe enterd the corner.
Sometimes the picture looks like you hit someone, and actualy youre with you nose inside the others car but nothing happends...( bug?)

I too was on the inside, the bump from wido put me off the line, but it was not so big compared to the 2 guys in front of me completely spinning and stuff.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irrCosvxwEU[/media]
[media]http://simracingteam.degen.be/img/racedepartment/wtcc/2008/macau/macau01.jpg[/media]
[media]http://simracingteam.degen.be/img/racedepartment/wtcc/2008/macau/macau02.jpg[/media]

practice didn`t go well, i had been using Atti`s 06 quali setup for pre-quali, which was great. so i just expected his race setup to suit me, but i was wrong i just couldn`t keep the arse end in check. so put 8 laps of fuel in the quali setup and it worked ok.

quali. as the race got nearer i got more and more nervous, with shaking legs i struggled to set a good time and only managed 15th.

Race 1. got a nice start and had made up 3 places before T2 partly due to a sleeping bemmer on the line. slipt past Simon to 11th before T3, ended lap 1 in 10th. T2 lap2 Jacco made a mistake letting me past. then by lap 3 i was 5th with people going of. with 8 secs to 4th place and gapping Jacco i just took it easy to the finish and 5th place :becky:

Race 2. started 4th got a good start, Rodolpho in the bemmer was along side going to T2 but thanks to Jacco`s slipstream i was able to get the place back before T2, then just after the exit Rodolpho drove into me putting me into the barrier, which caused a massive pile up. big oppologies to all involved but not my fault :(
totaly gutted by that as after race 1 i felt realy confident for race 2.

It's a shame that I began the championship at Estoril and that I was not able to make the Anderstorp one, but it was all the same a great championship. About the incidents it's true that it's a little pity, can it would be necessary to be more severe on the penalties.

I thank all the staff of RD for his work and I hope that the next championship will be also intense! :thumb:

Clearly some guy were overtaking in T2 there (lucas' movie) i hope the involved people will file a incident report about it and then who overtook there will get a disqualification.
We have announced over and over again that overtaking in T2 is NOT allowed on Macau. Really a shame to see that people still dont read the forums and just do what they like.

[Off the record mode on] Those people should not race here at RD [Off the record mode off]

Please guys put people that overtook in T2 and Melco Hairpin on report!

• Wido Rossen

I too was on the inside, the bump from wido put me off the line, but it was not so big compared to the 2 guys in front of me completely spinning and stuff.

Well i saw the movie from Lucas in de media section.
I have to admit that there whas contact between me and Valentijn.
I did not noticed it because Luis hit me when bouncing of the guardrail back on track and thought you where still beside me.
I thought i did hit you but with no consequence....apperently i whas wrong.
I`m sorry that the little tap on your rear caused you to hit the guardrail Valentijn.
If you wanna file a incident report please do so.
I wil except whatever comes out of it.

Clearly some guy were overtaking in T2 there (lucas' movie) i hope the involved people will file a incident report about it and then who overtook there will get a disqualification.
We have announced over and over again that overtaking in T2 is NOT allowed on Macau. Really a shame to see that people still dont read the forums and just do what they like.

[Off the record mode on] Those people should not race here at RD [Off the record mode off]

Please guys put people that overtook in T2 and Melco Hairpin on report!

Hmm. Well I was on the inside (the bmw) and was technically ahead of the seat so not overtaking. I was on the inside line slightly ahead, cant back off because there were cars close behind me, so I went on the brakes slightly to take it tight on the inside. However the Seat turned into the side of my car. I can't really help if someone turns into my car especially when I was on the inside.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX7P7fyyXsE[/media]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play