2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
number4

for me, this was the fourth RPM_RSC_RD league, what I a liked most:
- the way you flawlessly integrated new admins
- the way you drew conclusions in setting up the next tournament, showing a kind of quality management not really present in other communities

take a break now, relax, enjoy the music, and come back for more :)

[Movie] Macau - Group 3 - Race 1

Hi,

A compilation of the best bits of race 1, not the best editing job in the world compared to others but I hope it will suffice:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU8Mk-D1RZQ[/media]

great!

wow, really enjoyed watching, too. In my quarters it was a clean and straightforward race, I wasn't aware of the many incidents happening elsewhere. Thx Oliver (btw: nice perfect 360 degree turn you did in one of the scenes - lucky you!)

not really overtaking

yeah, agree with Oliver, it was more a case of the Seat on the outside not really overtaking but not letting go of the very small advantage he thought (from his pov) he had. if I remember correctly he isn't the kind of guy involved in incidents, just a case of bad judgment. What I find remarkable watching my replay, how most of us backbenchers try not to careen into the mess by breaking and steering at the same time, but rather try to keep as much control as possible. With cars literally raining down on you, that was all you could do :( only thing I remember is this beemer literally dropping out of nowhere right in front of my nose, ouch!

Hmm. Well I was on the inside (the bmw) and was technically ahead of the seat so not overtaking. I was on the inside line slightly ahead, cant back off because there were cars close behind me, so I went on the brakes slightly to take it tight on the inside. However the Seat turned into the side of my car. I can't really help if someone turns into my car especially when I was on the inside.

I'm not a race director but I see it the same way you do. The driver next to you should have looked if there was room instead off turning into the corner. But still it was not allowed to go into T2 side by side.

Isn't it ironic, I had a crash like this one year ago:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIBvZ6qJdD0[/media]

Had you returned to garage and loaded his car?
nope, and that explains an almost surreal chain of events because from his view he tried to overtake me, being obviously faster which i consistently blocked (naturally because with noone visible behind I stayed on the raceline) and then, when he finally got past, I literally lunged into him (he was slowing down a little steadying car after Melcro and I accelerated out of Melcro, seing no opponent, straight into him). Must have looked like a torpedo move, when in fact I wondered why my car was giving me such a bumpy ride.
In rFactor you get this little ugly box car showing you where the not yet loaded guy is, much better in my opinion.

well, we sorted this out like gentlemen, via pm, which I very much apreciate.

Well from my pov like I said before I didnt see the bmw in the inside line and he was in front of me after I lift the accelerator and when I turn I thought that there was no car if you see the replay from my car you can´t see the bmw there and I never overtake him and also can´t see how was he gona take the all coner in the inside line at that speed.

Yeh, I believe I was right in the blind spot. However I think if I backed off and went behind it might cause a bigger issue as we were in a group of 4 cars that were pretty close to one another.

I think if you drive in the same car cam as me you should see the same as I and I think you couldn´t see me aswell and you are right if both backed off we would be in the same situation, maybe both of us have fault on this and with no intention of overtaking nobody cos a thought that there was no car inside and if yous see the replay from race1 I always do the conner form outside-inside-outside and try to be clean in all races but if I have to be penalize so be it.

• Gilbert Estorninho

First of all Congratulation for the RD Team running such a amazing league world wide. Cheers
Sorry Gregory Degreef for miss judge our breakpoint pushing to hard and bump you over and rowing the party, that i was expecting from us and Christopher. But at last you have make a surprise to recover in which i didn't believe it was Gregory Degreef recover all that way until we cross the finish line.

The second race was my first appearance in G1 second starting position and it was all too good to finish me up on Dona Maria bend. And for this poor narrow attempt incident i got you this clip from 2003 Macau Guia Race " http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7IpBFV6uftg "
i HOPE this clip will show you, how brave you are to finish me up there unnecessary!

i wasnt involved but having run leagues in other games i know it can be hard and id say it looks like youve done a cracking job.

i read all the race reports the other day (sad i know) and looks like youve had your work cut out for you. wd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back