2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you drive in the same car cam as me you should see the same as I and I think you couldn´t see me aswell and you are right if both backed off we would be in the same situation, maybe both of us have fault on this and with no intention of overtaking nobody cos a thought that there was no car inside and if yous see the replay from race1 I always do the conner form outside-inside-outside and try to be clean in all races but if I have to be penalize so be it.

Don't want to interfair to much, but for next races, set two buttons on your steeringwheel to look left/right. Then you might have seen him.

http://forum.racedepartment.com/wtc...round-10-@-macau]-group-3-a-2.html#post155310

What I really don't understand is the crash after T2.. I mean, I was driving behind you all when you crashed. Howcome me and Pascal could drive around al flying cars?

I saw the crash and I started braking. I got pushed from behind. Why didn't any one behind me brake? If this was en real situation, you would get off throttle instead off full power.

I also braked and no not full brakes but just enough to be able to avoid cars and steer around them, then you get hit from behind by guys not even bothering to lift... ...that is really frustrating...

Although i didnt compete :( I must say Well done and thankyou to RD becasue they put so much work into our Leagues/Servers and dont get massive recognision for it! i thikn my My Donate to show my appreciation:)

Am I correct in thinking that next years RDWTCC will use all S2000 spec cars, WTCC, STCC and Vectra?

Just want to know, because I prefer the Vectra over the SEAT and don't want to waste my learning time driving the wrong car....

We have started some brainstorming about RDTCC next season, but nothing more then that... Our goal is to bring in as many touringcars as possible but only with the highest possible quality of racers.

RDWTCC - Post Season Feedback

Every year we are trying to improve the level of competition at RaceDepartment. Before we can start a new season we would love to hear your thoughts about last season. So now the season is over please give us your constructive feedback about RDWTCC 2008:
  • What was good
  • What can be better
  • Suggestions
  • etc

Overall I would say it worked quite well from my point of view. The only issue I thought of was the amount of laps for pre-quali should be restricted. Being able to do a 100+ laps is just a odd. Maybe a lap or time limit would be better.

I think it worked well also, but I agree with Oliver on the Qualification bit - a lap limit or time limit would be better - and more realistic.
Great job RD and all that put time into this league.:thumb:

I didn't race in the season but I payed allot of interest to it and it looked to be a great season, I only have a couple of suggestions.

Only Premium members allowed to race next season? and only allow Premium members to setup teams for the season?

I like the idea of teams being able to fight for the teams championship just like drivers do with the drivers title, teams take allot of pride away from fighting for championships and allot of dedication, that's pretty hard if most driver's drive for RD single drivers, wouldn't it be better if everyone was in a proper team with say 3 driver maximum per team? (teams could enter 2 teams under a different name though)

Broadcast Live on Internet TV? PSR TV? but this will cost money and I don't know if there is plugins that will work in Race07 to present live broadcast.

I don't know if weight ballast was used or not but I think it would be good if it was used if it wasn't, just like in the real WTCC and it will make things very tight in the championship with slower guys being able to climb the standings better and make it into higher groups then they normally could. (Please ignore this suggestion if weight ballast was used)

Regards

This was my first time I joined a league again since racing the GTR Mod back in the days.

I think from a drivers point of view and more precise my point of view nothing needs to be changed, but I understand that a league need to be more manageable for the ones who are running it.

On the prequal stuff:
I really liked it and if I had time I enjoyed improving myself over and over again to gain some places. If i did not have time then my actual qualification time on raceday was better. But with the prequal grids tend to be very well balanced. I see some people want to limit the prequal laps/time but keep in mind that everyone can practice and practice and practice outside of the prequal server. If you limit it limit is to 3 flying laps so someone can mess up his qualifaction due to errors. Current prequal results in close fields which means hard racing and a bigger chance of banging.

On the races:
Never had to much trouble apart for one time @ Anderstorp when trying to get my first win. People should only try and not chat during Quali and Race. I also think a lot of people should be taking more caution during the first lap and also when racing very close to each other. Try and figure out where your opponent is and let each other life. Judging from the average age here on the forum we probably all have a very busy life and finishing a race pays for the time and effort needed to get into these races.

Other problems are mainly caused because we are all men and according to women all men are childs :p

like i said,i've join only since oschersleben,but have a lot of fun ,the good things first:
-4 groups than every driver is able to win a race in is own group
-a very good management of the league
-a lot of fair drivers

the bad things
-oooh i don't find any bad things
-maybe a prequal limit could be interrsting
like nils said in his post:no chat in quali and race!!i've lost 2 place in macau because i was disturbed by a chat

I have to admit I like the pre qual as it is. being able to look back at the times of others and then trying to better it. However in the sim challenge F1 league a few years back I believe they allowed you 20 mins to set a time. That was good as the pressure was on to get it right. Or maybe a single lap qualy. Where you get 1 run to make a time and you get 2 chances.

Have to say though with regards to timing. Restricting laps could upset the balance of the rooms as a few fast drivers could mess up and end up in rooms that the blitz the opposition. Although the same could be said to give lesser drivers a chance in higher groups to maximise points.

All in all though not many problems, if any with the league. If anything I would like to race earlier as I work early weekends.

I would second the chat though. You can't chat in real life racing. TS is ok though between team mates.

WTCC is always fun and this was my second/third season (RPM/RSC/RD).

What I would like to see is every driver, drive in a team. Now we have the Single Drivers on top of the overall list. When you work in a team, your teammate and team manager can judge over a incident and speak to that driver about his actions if it was an illegal move. But we will see this in GT so we can see how that will unfold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 243 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 121 7.5%