rF2 2.5h WEC @ Silverstone - Sat 17th May

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@David O'Reilly as Cristian said, Balance of Performance...

It's just that i had done a fair few laps in the Porsche, when for shits and giggles i figured i'd give the other cars a go and found that the Porsche (according the setup menu) is about 6 or 7 laps down on fuel on the other 2. then when i took the 458 round i hit my best time in the Porsche, on my 2nd hot lap... in the rain... :s so, was a little bit confused lol

But ok, if everyone else is happy, it must be me then lol, no worries :) i'll pop along in the 458 then :)

as a totally unrelated sidenote , the V8 vantage howling like a V12 DBR9 is very offputting lol... might i suggest next time you use these for an event, to replace the sounds with say the stock ISI corvette sounds?

My feedback is that on the other BES Gt3 Mod the 911 is a real handful and the mid engine cars pussycats. I did best time on say lap 3 in 430, Gallardo, R8. I endured the 911 because it was so hard, really wanting to swap ends under brakes, easy to provoke oversteer which was a joy to control on throttle.
By contrast the BES GTE 911 has incredible rear grip. All the steps I took in setup to tame the rear end could be unwound and then some.
Almost impossible to get the rear to slide, its understeer city and that all you have to manage. Ive maxed the front grip and the rear looks after itself. I'm fast in it but its a lot easier.

@Davy Lauwereys i noticed the fuel usage too it seems like it's higher than the usage of the other cars. But i much faster with the porsche then with the other cars... and the sound: yeah you're right ;) if it's a V8 it should also sound like one ;)

@David O'Reilly
I noticed that the porsche is very understeery too. But i managed it to make it more oversteery without many adjustments... the back of the car steps out if you want it but it's very stable. Just like a porsche should drive...

Cheers
Rico

Added a paragraph about the starting procedure as well as some extra information.

If you haven't seen already, we also set up some practise races:
Since "Faster cars may flash their headlights to indicate that they are about to make a pass", here is a little script to repeatedly flash like in real life using AutoHotKey:

Code:
SendFancy(key)
{
Send {%key% down}
sleep, 20
send {%key% up}
Sleep, 20
}

Joy10::
Loop, 12
{
SendFancy("l")
Sleep, 120
}
return

Joy13::SendFancy("l")
(Map headlights ingame to the L-Key and use Joy10 to flash and Joy13 to toggle headlights

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.