rF2 2.5h WEC @ Silverstone - Sat 17th May

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
a big sorry to my teammate frederic!!
he did a great job and i jumped in the car on p1.
after a few laps i hit the wall - after i spin in t1.
lost my rearwing... was a long, hard way back to pits.

i didn´t feel comfortable in the car yesterday.
couldn´t come close to my usual laptimes...
must have been the reflections in the windshield :unsure:

anyway, thanks for trying this with me frederic - and thanks to RD for a great event!
Could have ruined the car myself in my two incidents. We were just running out of luck. I used it all on my stint:roflmao:

Well that was fun. :)

After about after one hour I took over the wheel from Gijs and had to come into a rythme. I was clear that I would have a battle with Kevin and Nicky as they seem to have the same pace and were on the same pitstop strategy.
I had Nicky within a few seconds behind me. When coming out of Brooklands there were two porsches fighting and went both wide and came back on track bumping me into the barrier on the left just before luffield. When coming up to speed again a blue gte car was left of me and steered into woodcote bumping me into the barrier. :mad: I was pretty pissed at that moment.Went from 5th to 6th within 3 corners with a 27 seconds gap.
Continued to drive and had to drive over the grass a couple of times for gte cars not staying on the racing line, so many scary moments indeed.
I also probably made some moves scaring the gte drivers. :D

I loved driving the Audi and I hope to drive it next race again too. :) Hopefully I will be able to have a closer battle with the next car in front or back of me. :)

Thanx for the organisation and looking forward to the next event(s). :thumbsup:
During sunset Silverstone was looking beautiful, especially when driving from arena to brooklands... just.... WHAUW!!! :inlove:

Tip/tops:
1.Improve the lights of the audi. I could not see if I had them on or not. In the dark you would not see a 50 meters in front of you.
2.maybe make a mod with skins, so driver swaps get available and it will look much more colourfull.
3.Slower cars stay on the racing line.
4. Drive the race in practise mode, so people can reconnect and no DQ due to blue flags. :)

Hey Guys!

Thanks for that great race yesterday, even though i had plenty of problems to solve before the race. :)

At the end of the training session as we tried to do driverswaps i wanted restart the game without plugins to check if that's causing our problems with driverswaps. the main problem was now: rFactor2.exe has stopped working... So i ended up deleting and reinstalling rfactor 2 and the mods because every other atempt to solve the problem failed. at the end of the qualy i was just stressed and did a 2:05 with raintires (ups wrong setup :D ) so i ended up 23rd and i was knowing possibly i have to drive that race on my own.

the start went pretty well. i was trying to be as careful as it's possible to avaoid crashes and was able to overtake 2 guys in the first few corners. after that i was able to find a good pace and was continously closing the gap to the guys in front of me. as the rain started the car was still pretty nice to drive even though i might missed the optimal point to change tires. with wet tires and a full fuel tank i was able to close another gap and overtaking some more people.

As the track was drying i was getting back to my pace. I did some more nice laps but in some laps i had really heavy problems with the car understeering in the esses... i just had to take the straight route through there 2 times and was spinning 2 times in the whole race. On every other lap the car was just fine...

As the race went on and i was on P12 i started to make some mistakes because i was pushing like hell. as the "lone survivor" of our team i wanted to let the results look as good as they can be...:D
i was even in front of Kristian Puhov, who unfortunately got DQed.. But after some mistakes and a stop and go penalty he was gone... over one minute in front of me...
So i tried to push harder which resulted in closing the gap from 1.10 min to 55 seconds which i was holding for a long time almost until the end...

So all in all Great race even though i wasn't prepared for this distance. it was pretty hard. I could even say "what? me drive? oh hell no, i'm ****ed up!"

Cheers
Rico

btw: here is the stream of the race with just my cockpit perspective and livetiming for everybody who wants to see the race out of my car;) (with exclusive teamradio:D)

Edit: if the embedded video doesn't work just try to click on the name of it on top of it it will take you to the youtube page for me it works there (youtube is still working on it... therefore no 1080p yet)

Qualifying went well. Got a nice clean lap at the beginning and didn't need to go out after that. Was a bit surprised to see Luka get so close.

The race itself didn't go as well as I had hoped. My plan was to match the Porche race-pace and then with better fuel efficiency take the win but NOPE. I had to push too much to stay ahead of Luka that my tires were gone after 6 or so laps. Then it started to rain and I lost my rythm completely. Went to pits and started to wonder how the porches got out of there so quickly.

Rain passed, I changed tyres and filled up the tank. Had very big gaps to front and back so I decided to start managing my tires and go for maximum distance. It kinda worked... I only had to stop once after the rain but it still didn't get me anywhere. Finished 4th with over a minute gap to 3rd place. Not the result I was looking for and over half of the race I was basically driving by myself.

After the race I checked that the Ferrari takes 76 seconds to refuel whereas the Porche refuels in 27 seconds. So even when I did two pitstops less, I didn't gain anything.

Anyway it was still a fun little satruday night cruise and I want to thank the organizers and other drivers for making this great event possible. :)

I wondered what happened with your race Kivelä having so good pace I thought you where in a good spot particularly if it got wet. The ferrari just turn in so nicely and was a bit easier on the tires. But doing full fuel stints on that would be quite hard still of course.

I never tanked full so had the longest a 26 second pit stop I think it was to 94 liters. Had you not had that pit stop time bug you would have been right there :)

Anyway, i had fun, just hope for some BOP changes for Le mans or we might have to have a special porsche class :p

ACTUALLY....scratch trying to "fix" the BOP...get rid of it all togheter, and just use the GT3 mod.
We get to pick the car we like and have a BOP that's proven itself (always room for improvement, but atleast there were no major discrepencies as yesterday).
The only other class we share the track with is LMP1, so what difference do GT-E or GT3 spec make? We are all standing still for the P1s :p

And don't use aero as an excuse, co's Le Mans is the ultimate low downforce track, all you'll end up doing in your setups is dialing the aero down to GT3 spec or less lol

Sorry for the issue with the pit times - we accidentally used an old HDV file for the Porsche when the BES update came out and didn't run enough tests afterwards to notice

Drive the race in practise mode, so people can reconnect and no DQ due to blue flags.
The current live timing software doesn't support races in practise session, but we will see what we can do :thumbsup: (wonder if ISI will ever fix race rejoins :rolleyes:)

We will provide a skin pack for Le Mans, but it would be nice if you guys could still "+1" this bug report as custom skins are far more flexible:
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/19894-Driver-swap-Custom-skin-Vehicle-moved-to-garage

In regards to our race: It didn't go very well, the AI took over when we did our first driver swap, so we were forced to retire the car.

Sorry for the issue with the pit times - we accidentally used an old HDV file for the Porsche when the BES update came out and didn't run enough tests afterwards to notice

The current live timing software doesn't support races in practise session, but we will see what we can do :thumbsup: (wonder if ISI will ever fix race rejoins :rolleyes:)

We will provide a skin pack for Le Mans, but it would be nice if you guys could still "+1" this bug report as custom skins are far more flexible:
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/19894-Driver-swap-Custom-skin-Vehicle-moved-to-garage

In regards to our race: It didn't go very well, the AI took over when we did our first driver swap, so we were forced to retire the car.
We used a timing software in VWEC, which allowed reconnects and it worked pretty well. Only draw back you need someone on TS telling you were you are in terms of positions and gaps.

Jep great fun,

2 Way battle there for 5th

i heard trough teamspeak it was raining hard, so was preparing for the worst. So did a few practice laps offline in the rain what totally killed my confindense
Took over the car from Kevin who did a great job keeping out of troubles. I came out just beheind Stefan. Top guys for the lmp1 class were just to fast at that moment and flew by.
When i finally came up to speed, did my first personal best. First corner after that came after my teammate Davy in the gte class what totally went wrong.
This all happend a lap for first pitstop, so when i came in to the pits i didnt really check the fuel, so when i stopped for the pitstop i saw it wasnt set correctly but was to late to change :mad:
So started up the car again and apperently tapped the pitlimiter :rolleyes:
Pit and go :mad: and pit in again for fuel :mad: , what made me close on fuel at the end so probably a splash at the end with 10 min at the clock and stefan 30 sec beheind

Headlights DQ, Yeah probably could be it. Wasnt even dark here :redface:
Bluddy GPU cant handle HDR.

Last edited:
Is it still possible to sign in for a Audi? If yes then i will do it. Btw i can see only the tracksurface in the mirror. Have i anything to change in the plr file maybe? Thx in advance.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 294 13.3%