1.2.0.1 Patch (Steam)

Patch 1.2.0.1 is about to hit Steam anytime now.

Changelog for 1.2.0.1

Features:
• Added possibility to run several championships at the same time
• Moved user data folder to My Documents for Vista and non administrator support
• Updated mounting of expansion packs. Now one or more expansions can be uninstalled independently of each other.
• New track category and model select button layout
• New scroll boxes for car setup filters
• New layout of credits page
• Maximum FOV is now 150 instead of 120
• Changed upper limit of opponent skill to 110%
• New infoscreen in main menu
• Mouse over server information in lobby
• AI uses headlights in rainy weather
• Updated draw distance for most tracks

Bugfixes
• Fixed "weird force feedback feeling"-bug, happened after have had a digital control assigned to steering ( button or keyboard )
• Fixed propagation of pit menu presets from old plrfile folder to doc & settings folder
• Fixed heavy CPU usage in offline mode (reported for Windows XP x64 computers)
• Fixed "black texture bug", seen on track reloads
• Various championship fixes
• Various spectator mode fixes
• Multiplayer stability fixes
• Fixed bug with locking force feedback when exiting to garage
• Fixed spectator shown up as server in chat
• Fixed rain effects in 100% rain (multiplayer)
• Fixed opponent generator to not select duplicate cars
• Fixed non restarting SEAT Toledo engine
• Fixed vertical seat postion not being saved correctly
• Fixed fuel tank capacity for STCC Alfa Romeo 156 and BMW320si 6 speed sequential

you all have something in common hardware wise and its that you have a nvidia 9000 serie and that i have a nvidia 8800 GT (512 ram) so one of my guess is that the new patch might have a problem with the nvidia 9000 serie graphic card. i have 2 other guess that might be worth testing, the first one is that i run with the default setting for my graphic card in windows so if you have change them might be a good test to put them back to default and test the game. the other guess its the anti virus that your using, i'm using windows one live care so if your running something different try to disable it and test the game.

Yves
actually the 8800GT & the 9800GT/9600GT are basically the same card (the same chipset), so if the 8800GT runs smooth, those 2 others actually should also run smooth

as for others configuriung the ini file but don't know what to put in
check system what it is running by right clicking (My) Computer > properties

Too bad this isn't the "Holy Grail" to fix the freezes. I get complete lockups on my pc, and I'm running Vista x64 Home Premium with Nvidia GeForce 9800GTX+.

I'm off to try the ini fix, but with low expectations...

The .ini fix didn't work for me. I have read, over at No Grip, someone claims that rolling back to the 178.24 driver fixed it for them. I'm getting desparate, so I have now done this. Again, not confident, because everytime I change something it seems ok for a day or so, then, bam, another freeze. Totally random for me, very frustrating.

The .ini fix didn't work for me. I have read, over at No Grip, someone claims that rolling back to the 178.24 driver fixed it for them. I'm getting desparate, so I have now done this. Again, not confident, because everytime I change something it seems ok for a day or so, then, bam, another freeze. Totally random for me, very frustrating.

Warren - I have the 178.24 drivers installed on my pc, which is new/recent build from Cyberpower about 6 weeks ago. I still had the freezes with this driver.

One thing that did work last night - I did a practice session and race event without freezes. The only difference, and I'm a newbie at GTR Evo, so this might be obvious, but when I open Steam I have 2 installed games listed - Evo and Race 07. I've always Launched Evo previously, but last night decided to try launcing Race 07 instead. It appeared I had the same options, tracks etc., just a different UI screen. And, as I mentioned, no freezes.

Which program do you guys typically Launch?

I'll try this again tonight and report.

You can use all 2 (or 3 is you have STCC installed also) shouldnt matter becuase its all located in the same big RACE 07 folder..

But dont worry about freezes, i have them too and i got a very good gfx card. All started with this patch

All started with this patch

now that sounds like the opening sentence of a novel:

"All started with this patch," mumbled Bram, hunched over a hot cup of coffee in the small rundown cafe on the East Side. "Before this patch, life was just one long easy ... (plz continue, but not in this thread, lol)

sry, back on topic: Ever since the patch I have minor problems when I first leave the pits in a game: There is an awful lot of stutter. It gets better as you go down the pitlane and all but disappears by the time you've reached t1. This is happening both offline and online. Could the whole freeze problem be related to some minor glitch in the pits?

now that sounds like the opening sentence of a novel:

"All started with this patch," mumbled Bram, hunched over a hot cup of coffee in the small rundown cafe on the East Side. "Before this patch, life was just one long easy ... (plz continue, but not in this thread, lol)

sry, back on topic: Ever since the patch I have minor problems when I first leave the pits in a game: There is an awful lot of stutter. It gets better as you go down the pitlane and all but disappears by the time you've reached t1. This is happening both offline and online. Could the whole freeze problem be related to some minor glitch in the pits?
The game is loading the surroundings when exiting the pits. Thus the stutter. In any game when you first get in it helps to do a nice 360 to load everything. I could be totally off but this is my first hand experience with every game I've ever played.

The game is loading the surroundings when exiting the pits. Thus the stutter. In any game when you first get in it helps to do a nice 360 to load everything. I could be totally off but this is my first hand experience with every game I've ever played.

I agree, I always drive my practice first lap very steadily just to allow everything to be fully loaded. The freezing problem can happen at any time during the race.

Over at No Grip, one guy with the problem says if he alt tabs the graphics are restored ok again. Don't know what that tells us, but I'll test that next time it happens.

Bram,

Yup, got my first freeze just now launching Race 07 instead of Evo. Damn, thought I had gotten lucky for a while.

Have you guys heard anything about Simbin working on this Freeze/Lockup issue?

You can use all 2 (or 3 is you have STCC installed also) shouldnt matter becuase its all located in the same big RACE 07 folder..

But dont worry about freezes, i have them too and i got a very good gfx card. All started with this patch

I got 1 or 2 before the patch and they lasted a good 10 seconds. Since the patch I get one everytime but usually only once while the game is open and for about 3 seconds. Normally happens on my first lap somewhere, only had 1 in a race.

I don't maind the one of 2 freezes in the first lap, I've grown accustomed to it with AA over the years. The thing that really gets me is the texture corruption that happens during the pause, which mostly requires reconnecting and starting the process all over again. bakes my head!

• Andrew Evans

last night i was running a completely fresh re-install of gtre.... no freezes, setup list populating in less than a second, rather than 15... early days yet tho...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back