1.2.0.1 Patch (Steam)

Patch 1.2.0.1 is about to hit Steam anytime now.

Changelog for 1.2.0.1

Features:
• Added possibility to run several championships at the same time
• Moved user data folder to My Documents for Vista and non administrator support
• Updated mounting of expansion packs. Now one or more expansions can be uninstalled independently of each other.
• New track category and model select button layout
• New scroll boxes for car setup filters
• New layout of credits page
• Maximum FOV is now 150 instead of 120
• Changed upper limit of opponent skill to 110%
• New infoscreen in main menu
• Mouse over server information in lobby
• AI uses headlights in rainy weather
• Updated draw distance for most tracks

Bugfixes
• Fixed "weird force feedback feeling"-bug, happened after have had a digital control assigned to steering ( button or keyboard )
• Fixed propagation of pit menu presets from old plrfile folder to doc & settings folder
• Fixed heavy CPU usage in offline mode (reported for Windows XP x64 computers)
• Fixed "black texture bug", seen on track reloads
• Various championship fixes
• Various spectator mode fixes
• Multiplayer stability fixes
• Fixed bug with locking force feedback when exiting to garage
• Fixed spectator shown up as server in chat
• Fixed rain effects in 100% rain (multiplayer)
• Fixed opponent generator to not select duplicate cars
• Fixed non restarting SEAT Toledo engine
• Fixed vertical seat postion not being saved correctly
• Fixed fuel tank capacity for STCC Alfa Romeo 156 and BMW320si 6 speed sequential

For the 2 above posts...

Both your situations in an ideal world wouldn't happen (aka perfect hardware & drivers & software), but in an open platform like the PC (the prime advantage of the system) these things are bind to happen.

They both are (what you describe)a kind of "graphical overload" and can be related with a mix of lack of system resources together with some glitch in the software or the drivers (or any conflict between them). It is very hard (virtually impossible) for a developer to produce software where it he can predict every combination in existence as the time (money) needed increases exponentially.

Even with poorly developed software (wish clearly it isn't the case here), where testing was virtually non-existent, if one has a "bullet prove" system (good overall hardware and drivers to go with it) and also the system is not (over)loaded with other programs (for instances, in a game machine, some anti-virus are clearly worst to have then many virus who go around the NET :D), we have a much reduce likelihood of a CTD (or worst).
Giving an example: I’m running a game that has programming bug wish in the end leads to a corrupted memory portion. Clearly if I have 1GB of mapped memory (RAM), the probably of having the error is higher if I have 3GB of memory, where most likely (in average) the error will happen later or with more system load.

Basically what I’m saying with this post is: Yes, you both describe glitches, I’m sorry you have them, but thankfully they aren’t that major and above all you can go around them. Their causes can be many (could be nothing to do with the game even), I suggested (or implied) along the post some ways to try to eliminate (or minimize) them and to end it, I hope to see you in RACE ;)

where did GTR Evo go ? now RACE 07 menu

this game is frustrating.

I had GTR Evo running fine offline.
logged into Steam online, played the game [mioght have been RACE07, not sure]

now when i start OFFLINE, it says Race 07, not GTR Evo [blue menu, not red now]

what is this ??

thx

WARNING FOR PEOPLE HERE WHO HAVE LESS THAN 1GB SPACE LEFT ON THE SYSTEM DRIVE, MOSTLY C:\.

Be not too happy with the userdata changes, actually i hate it.

After one evening racing I saw my space was shrincked a lot so I checked what happend and then I found out that there was a Simbin folder in my userprofile. It was more than 1.2 GB big.

In this profile all replaydata and screenshots will be stored and you even need to put in custom skins, I hate having big userprofile as every time the pc starts it will be loaded. The pc gets slower and slower.

What can happen now is after a few hours racing you get lockups because you just simply run out of space on the C-drive.

So watch out, be sure you have some extra GB's on your system drive.

Don't forget to backup this data if you planned to get a new OS on your system, you will loose all data if you don't!!

WARNING FOR PEOPLE HERE WHO HAVE LESS THAN 1GB SPACE LEFT ON THE SYSTEM DRIVE, MOSTLY C:\.

After one evening racing I saw my space was shrincked a lot so I checked what happend and then I found out that there was a Simbin folder in my userprofile. It was more than 1.2 GB big.

In this profile all replaydata and screenshots will be stored and you even need to put in custom skins, I hate having big userprofile as every time the pc starts it will be loaded. The pc gets slower and slower.

What can happen now is after a few hours racing you get lockups because you just simply run out of space on the C-drive.

Don't forget to backup this data if you planned to get a new OS on your system, you will loose all data if you don't!!

yeah i actually noticed that already and was worrying since yesterday already about that....
so that is why i think now i will zip the replays every week or 2 ( have around 37 gig on my C drive... (plus i will check a bigger hd in the coming weeks :))

Aah Simon beat me to it :D

I have been thinking about this and the solution is very simple and also very logical if you look at what the My Documents directory is ment for. Just move the My Documents folder to another partition or harddrive. Right click -> Properties and then something like location. Now you can (re)install an OS without having to wory about making a back up of al your precious documents (If you are using My Documents for all your other stuff that is)

Can't you move the location of your user folder to another drive?

I know it could be done in XP, not needed to in Vista because of a 500Gb HD.

The user folders that can be moved are the following: Contacts, Documents, Downloads, Favorites, Links, Music, Pictures, Saved Games, Searches and Videos. To find them go to your user folder. You will find it on the partition where you installed Windows Vista, in the Users folder. Its name will be the same as your user.
You can move as many folders as you need.

Just do what Nils says, move it if you have less than 2GB left.

Anyone else having countdown timer issues after the update. The timer countdown between say race 1 & 2 should be 2 mins but it's now 1780:xx, see pic, very strange.

Attachments

• capture_2009-02-12_22-33-56.jpg
    capture_2009-02-12_22-33-56.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 254
I've seen the time countdown like in your picture when we have the race duration in laps and not in time.

It is my experience that a few seconds after the last one racing finishes, it will move to race 2. Then the usual countdown in grid starts for race 2...

For those of you who have little space on your C Drive, you can change the path of My Documents to any drive or partition where you have more space:

To change the default location of the My Documents folder, follow these steps:

Click Start, and then point to My Documents.

Right-click My Documents, and then click Properties. Click the Target tab. In the Target box, do one of the following:

Type the path to the folder location that you want, and then click OK . For example, D:\My Stuff . If the folder does not exist, the Create Message dialog box is displayed. Click Yes to create the folder, and then click OK.

-or-

Click Move , click the folder in which to store your documents, and then click OK twice. If you need to create a new folder, click Make New Folder. Type a name for the folder, and then click OK twice. In the Move Documents box, click Yes to move your documents to the new location, or click No to leave your documents in the original location.

I just noticed something interesting.

I launched Race 07, and I noticed when I went to the class selection screen it has the GTR Evo style layout and I could select Evo content as well as cars from mods like V8 Supercars.
All Evo features like Arcade mode and GT rules were there, but it was the blue Race 07 menu with Race 07 music.

This means that people with only Race 07 should be able to play mods without GTR Evo.
Unless it's only doing this because it detects that I have Evo installed?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back