1.2.0.1 Patch (Steam)

Patch 1.2.0.1 is about to hit Steam anytime now.

Changelog for 1.2.0.1

Features:
• Added possibility to run several championships at the same time
• Moved user data folder to My Documents for Vista and non administrator support
• Updated mounting of expansion packs. Now one or more expansions can be uninstalled independently of each other.
• New track category and model select button layout
• New scroll boxes for car setup filters
• New layout of credits page
• Maximum FOV is now 150 instead of 120
• Changed upper limit of opponent skill to 110%
• New infoscreen in main menu
• Mouse over server information in lobby
• AI uses headlights in rainy weather
• Updated draw distance for most tracks

Bugfixes
• Fixed "weird force feedback feeling"-bug, happened after have had a digital control assigned to steering ( button or keyboard )
• Fixed propagation of pit menu presets from old plrfile folder to doc & settings folder
• Fixed heavy CPU usage in offline mode (reported for Windows XP x64 computers)
• Fixed "black texture bug", seen on track reloads
• Various championship fixes
• Various spectator mode fixes
• Multiplayer stability fixes
• Fixed bug with locking force feedback when exiting to garage
• Fixed spectator shown up as server in chat
• Fixed rain effects in 100% rain (multiplayer)
• Fixed opponent generator to not select duplicate cars
• Fixed non restarting SEAT Toledo engine
• Fixed vertical seat postion not being saved correctly
• Fixed fuel tank capacity for STCC Alfa Romeo 156 and BMW320si 6 speed sequential

I am so inlove with this patch. It makes the problems of backup folders so much easier and when going in to the setup menu its a dream come true. Custom skins are easily found no trawing through steam/steam apps .... just stright to My Docs and easy peasy.

If this is a example of things to come Im going to be a very happy man.

I notice that since the update, all my setups are now duplicated in the game menus. I assume that is because they are now listed under My Documents as well as still being under the old Steam folder?
I'm using Windows XP.

I'll try removing my old setups from the Steam folder.

EDIT: Yep, removing the old setup folder from Steam did the trick.

Some feedback

Setup menu filters are much better. No longer having slowly scroll through the list.
The delay I have opening the "file" tab is less than 10 seconds here. Another short delay setting a filter. Still a bit weird that it even has such a delay though, GTR2 didn't seem to have this problem. Maybe it's slow with opening the Steam GCF archive files?

I deleted the setups from the setups folder in Userdata to remove the duplicates, seems to have solved the problem. Weird that they were copied though.

The main menu advertises the two "new game content expansions". But they are not new, and why try to convince me to buy GTR Evo when I am already in the GTR Evo main menu?

I must say the fact that people have to manually move their custom skins folder is ridiculous. Not everybody reads the forums and changelogs so they are going to be confused.

Overall I like the changes, some good fixes. I hope for more though.

PS: Please fix the handbrake sometime...

A shame they didn't fix the Alt Tab problem:(

All works fine here ... might just be a problem with ATI mate :p :lol:

Yes, the 1st time I run the game after the update... must be because of the draw distance update (see 1st post).

I don’t notice any improvement or downgrade in my image quality, but maybe for people with more powerful GFX cards (mine is a HD4870) there is an improvement of image quality (draw distance).

Draw distance is not changed automatically ... you need to adjust it manually in options, visual settings, environment.
Did a quick fiddle (in the mini) on single 22" monitor and I reckon 140% is the best for me (cockpit view) ... at 150% the outside world was too small and things seemed a bit warped.

I have a problem. Before the patch i was runnin' a dedi server with mixed classes (race 07, stcc, gtr evo). After this patch, dedi server shows only the race 07 content (wtcc 06, 07, formulabmw etc). Help anyone?

Make sure your GTR EVolution and STCC expansion packs have updated as well ... I had the same, then paused and restarted to the updates in steam as they seemed to be stuck (right click menu in My games list) and after a steam restart everything was fine and dandy.

Just wondering will be trying it anyways but I run XP and vista dual boot, user data is in the RACE07 folder under steamapps now will it mess up my sytem after I played on Vista and then XP?

Try it and see :p, but my guess is that if you have one program files folder used by both XP and Vista, then you will probably need to copy/synchronise the new Simbin\Race 07 folder and all subfolders to your My Documents on both OS's.
The other thing you could try is creating a shortcut from one of your my documents to the other and just keeping one set - not sure this will work, but worth a shot.

When making a backup of the games, will the data in MY DOCs also be backed up??
And should I make another backup of my games after this patch??

Q1 Good question (let us know when you do it eh :wink2:) and
Q2 ... yeah ... if you want an up to date back up matem, then yeah you will have to create a new backup.

My impression is that the graphics for me seem slightly improved, bit sharper somehow, but that could just be in my head :)
The setups folder is way way better, always wondered why Simbin didn't use the GTR2 style of setup browser. Load time is a bit slow, but I will live with that for the sake of no longer having to drop to my desktop and windows explorer to copy setups between track folders.
Loads of other good stuff ... I also wonder if the opponent skill of 110% is challenging enough for Sander yet :D ... hope the AI are a little less willing to punt you off and adhere to blue flag warnings :p
I rather like the sound of "multiplayer stability fixes" :thumb: and Mr Evans will be no doubt running a 100% rain mini race soon to test that little bugfix :victory:

EDIT: Lobby list seems to be populating a lot quicker this morning ... :good:

Setup menu filters are much better. No longer having slowly scroll through the list.
The delay I have opening the "file" tab is less than 10 seconds here. Another short delay setting a filter. Still a bit weird that it even has such a delay though, GTR2 didn't seem to have this problem. Maybe it's slow with opening the Steam GCF archive files?

The main menu advertises the two "new game content expansions". But they are not new, and why try to convince me to buy GTR Evo when I am already in the GTR Evo main menu?

The reason for the delay is because the directories are not cached when the game starts. They are read each time a directory is accessed, allowing files to be dropped in without restarting the game.

The menu adverts are still there because it is the RACE 07 menu not EVO menu. The menu is part of the Race07 install regardless of which expansions you have installed. The images are likley hard coded into the interface and not dynamic content, which would explain why they still exist when the expansions are installed and why it only ever changes when a patch arrives.

This CustomSkins folder moving business - does it only apply to Vista? Or will the same thing happen in XP?

It applies to all Race 07 installs regardless of OS, although the point off it is Vista related as Vista users need elevated priveliges to write files to C:\Program Files. This means either running your zip program as administrator or extracting to a folder then copying the files manually was required before. The benefit of moving it for all OS's means that patches from Simbin and also 3rd party self extracting installers can deploy content in exactly the same way accross all systems.

A shame they didn't fix the Alt Tab problem

All works fine here ... might just be a problem with ATI mate

I've an ATI card, and there is no alt-tab problem, I can (and always could) alt-tab in any situation within the game.

Usually "alt-tab" problems aren't "bug" related, they have more to do with system stability and/or lack of system resources.

Speaking of system resources, with my system, where visual effects (environment) are usually most maxed out (if not all) I rarely would have a "minidump", but I could have one after a few hours playing and constantly loading new tracks (and alt-tabing allot) when loading the n track.

Let’s see how this new patch goes regarding minidumps... I'm guessing that after the weekend we will know :D

I've an ATI card, and there is no alt-tab problem, I can (and always could) alt-tab in any situation within the game.

Usually "alt-tab" problems aren't "bug" related, they have more to do with system stability and/or lack of system resources.

I am not sure whether Ben was referring to the same, but I have sometimes the situation, when I use ALT-TAB, that when I come back to the game, I see the game mouse pointer but not the game. I can click on the controls (by guessing where they are), but I do not see them.

This actually did not happen to me for long time, just recently I had it again. I am wondering whether it is related to the time attack more, which I was using after long time and it happened while I was in time attack more.

And yes, I do have an ATI card.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back