1.2.0.1 Patch (Steam)

Patch 1.2.0.1 is about to hit Steam anytime now.

Changelog for 1.2.0.1

Features:
• Added possibility to run several championships at the same time
• Moved user data folder to My Documents for Vista and non administrator support
• Updated mounting of expansion packs. Now one or more expansions can be uninstalled independently of each other.
• New track category and model select button layout
• New scroll boxes for car setup filters
• New layout of credits page
• Maximum FOV is now 150 instead of 120
• Changed upper limit of opponent skill to 110%
• New infoscreen in main menu
• Mouse over server information in lobby
• AI uses headlights in rainy weather
• Updated draw distance for most tracks

Bugfixes
• Fixed "weird force feedback feeling"-bug, happened after have had a digital control assigned to steering ( button or keyboard )
• Fixed propagation of pit menu presets from old plrfile folder to doc & settings folder
• Fixed heavy CPU usage in offline mode (reported for Windows XP x64 computers)
• Fixed "black texture bug", seen on track reloads
• Various championship fixes
• Various spectator mode fixes
• Multiplayer stability fixes
• Fixed bug with locking force feedback when exiting to garage
• Fixed spectator shown up as server in chat
• Fixed rain effects in 100% rain (multiplayer)
• Fixed opponent generator to not select duplicate cars
• Fixed non restarting SEAT Toledo engine
• Fixed vertical seat postion not being saved correctly
• Fixed fuel tank capacity for STCC Alfa Romeo 156 and BMW320si 6 speed sequential

I am not sure whether Ben was referring to the same, but I have sometimes the situation, when I use ALT-TAB, that when I come back to the game, I see the game mouse pointer but not the game. I can click on the controls (by guessing where they are), but I do not see them.

This actually did not happen to me for long time, just recently I had it again. I am wondering whether it is related to the time attack more, which I was using after long time and it happened while I was in time attack more.

And yes, I do have an ATI card.

Dietmar that is my problem, It happens whenever i press Alt Tab

I notice a small new bug has appeared with this patch:

The damage sensitivity setting is always set to "off" whenever starting a race or practice session. I have to turn damage back on every time now.

Before the patch it seemed to save the last used setting. The patch must have disabled that functionality.
Not very serious but irritating.

Can't you move the location of your user folder to another drive?

I know it could be done in XP, not needed to in Vista because of a 500Gb HD.

... doing this still means you machine is slow to boot though doesn't it, as no matter where you locate your files, XP/Vista still reads your user profile (as per Marcel's earlier post) ... so still not a good thing having them in My Docs :nono:

And that missing countdown timer is a right 'mare ... defo need that back before next endurance race.

... doing this still means you machine is slow to boot though doesn't it, as no matter where you locate your files, XP/Vista still reads your user profile (as per Marcel's earlier post) ... so still not a good thing having them in My Docs :nono:

And that missing countdown timer is a right 'mare ... defo need that back before next endurance race.

Thats right i never use my userprofile to save images, video's, documents and all other stuff. I bet some of you on here have userprofiles over 2 GB big. It slows your pc dramaticly.

The problem Marcel described somewhere is a serious problem imo, especially for servers. We had Evo nicely installed on a 2nd partition and all of a sudden without a warning profiles, replays skins and what not gets moved to a location that is at least to say: not the smartest place.
I know iracing does the same, but in that game it aint possible to install it as a dedicated server. For us this means we have to continously clean up replay and result files from now on or find another solution.

downloaded the patch yesterday, tested it, very pleased indeed. Going online today, it says: I will now install an STCC patch. Methinks: whynot and let the download proceed. With download complete I start the game and: STCC is gone? no cars, no tracks, no nothing. Hope it is back tomorrow after a PC restart. Off to bed now.

The problem Marcel described somewhere is a serious problem imo, especially for servers. We had Evo nicely installed on a 2nd partition and all of a sudden without a warning profiles, replays skins and what not gets moved to a location that is at least to say: not the smartest place.
I know iracing does the same, but in that game it aint possible to install it as a dedicated server. For us this means we have to continously clean up replay and result files from now on or find another solution.

Thats what i meant to say, i even forgot to mention the servers will generate huge amount of replays. When they are not cleaned in time it will also slow down the servers, or even locking them up if they run out of space.

Why, why Simbin did this. It is also a problem for people who run EVO on a multiboot machine, you need to keep on copy the data between the 2 separate userprofiles to let EVO run.

It seems Simbin did not thought about this problem and i hope thy will bring out a patch which will restore the old settings.

There's a thread over at NoGrip that details a problem that I've been experiencing. Every so often, while driving, the game freezes for 3-4 seconds. I didn't have this problem before the patch. :pissed-off: I think SimBin has reached a low point in quality of updates.

Rhys, depends on what OS you are using

I use Vista, and this is a regualr occurence despite having regular updates for all hardware.

I sometimes get display driver minidumps too, damn annoying as I dont get it in other games so must be Simbin

Just started Evo again (actually after I deployed the Aussi Mod, am not sure whether this is a coincidence or related to each other) and got a window asking whether I want to reinstall Race 07.

I press 'Yes' and on the first view nothing happened. Now, after I finally found the new setup folder I recognized that I have two folders now:
...Documents\Simbin\Race07
...Documents\Simbin\Race07 Install 2

Any idea, gues not a serious thing?!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back