0.6 WILD speculation

• Deleted member 151827

In what cars?! I don't have an issue really unless to hot.
I was running the Super car race and was getting frustrated with the Italia 458. Seemed like any amount of throttle was just pushing the car instead of turning. There are only a few cars that do this so it's not bad at all. I am one of Kunos biggest fans so everyone please don't take this harsh. lol

I was running the Super car race and was getting frustrated with the Italia 458. Seemed like any amount of throttle was just pushing the car instead of turning. There are only a few cars that do this so it's not bad at all. I am one of Kunos biggest fans so everyone please don't take this harsh. lol
the 458 is not what I was expecting it to be at all. It just doesn't seem to have much front end grip but I guess it makes sense that a car with a powerful engine is going to overpower the grip of the front wheels.

I am able to reduce the under-steer in most cars by dialing in the camber and air pressure settings but, the 458 still has some room for improvement. The good thing is that the 458 really forces you to brake early and get the fronts planted as much as possible - it rewards patience and preparation better than other cars.

Ah, I almost forgot about Spa....yeah that one I 'm really looking forward to be driving on :cool:

As for F1 tracks I agree that not all of them are great but some I really, really would like to have. Montreal,
Interlagos and Austin just to name a few. :)

I know it is impossible but the dream would to have all 2013 F1's in Assetto...I am sure they also would be a dream to drive in a proper sim as opposed to what we have had to deal with before...not gonna mention any particular games. ;)

I believe Mak-Corp is going to make an full F1 mod for AC.

Of course it's a mod and it's hard to know how close can they get, but knowing Mak-Corp it will be pretty good.

I find that manhandling the hell out of the 458 also works....As you enter the turn and are about to get some understeer yank the wheel so the back end jumps out and then use the throttle to "drift" through the turn...works best at Silverstone but can and will go bad real quick; huge fun until you end up backwards though.

I really think the understeer in the 458 is the tires. The s3 didn't seem to exhibit this much. Haven't used either since the last update though. Really am going to try and get some laps in this morning before work.

I suspect they may finally have had enough of all the b*ll*cks/mindless & inane comments they take every time they post something, and have just stopped bothering. If so, that's a real shame for those of us who appreciated it :(

I find that manhandling the hell out of the 458 also works....
I've sort of found that too. On turn 3 of Silverstone losing the back slightly seems to make the car do a four wheel drift around the corner and corner five just tempts me into full throttle every time but it never works for me, if I come of the throttle for a split second though it turns in fine. I think silverstone is like that, it makes you think the corners are much faster than they really are.

I posted this in the AC forum... it helps give perspective to the real 458's behavior:

Here are a few quotes on the 458 from Autocar during their extensive road and track test:

"Trail the brakes adeptly on turn in and the 458 tucks its nose quickly. To turn in under power near the limit risks understeer, as does keeping the brakes too heavily pinned."
"Enter a corner understeering and you'll be fighting it awhile. At lower speeds it can be powered through but faster corners require backing off properly. A deftly executed corner entry is the key to getting the best from the chassis"
"Get the 458's front set, though, and it can be leaned on at will, before the rear breaks away under power."

Now I think that actually sounds quite a bit like Assetto Corsa's 458....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back