Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 2013 Season 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi snthenumbers and first thanks for this beautifull mod.... I have one problem at Japan GP at 3rd Curve.. Have look at this video and it explain all.... Can you fix this problem? Because in every race happend this.... Excusme for my bad english and thanks for your work :)

Video

Can you please tell me, where this value is? In thedb? And if yes, where?
It would be extremely useful for the 2007 mod!

Thanks alot!
It's not in the database, it's in the tracks\circuits\<track>\route_0\triggers_pit.xml
For melbourne (I'm currently not at home), you've to search for
Code:
- <trigger type="Vehicle2DSector">
  <base_params name="rear_wing_timing" id="42" />
- <params playerOnly="False" numberOfPoints="4">
  <point_2d x="188.8694" y="740.1249" />
  <point_2d x="-338.4415" y="230.972" />
  <point_2d x="-352.3596" y="244.8452" />
  <point_2d x="175.2849" y="753.8201" />
  </params>
  </trigger>
  <base_params name="rearwingtiming" id="43" />
  <point_2d x="538.009" y="849.3725" />
  <point_2d x="532.1529" y="851.5157" />
  <point_2d x="547.968" y="889.0045" />
  <point_2d x="553.8691" y="886.8459" />
  </params>
and change all coordinates to "0" at least that's how I did it ;)
I haven't modified all tracks yet as I have the performance as my main focus currently.

Ah, yes, there's a
Code:
<base_params name="rear_wing_timing" id="48" />
- <params playerOnly="False" numberOfPoints="12">
in melbourne e.g. as well, haven't touched it yet as I test in races only for now, it could be that points are for training-DRS but I'm not sure

Hi snthenumbers and first thanks for this beautifull mod.... I have one problem at Japan GP at 3rd Curve.. Have look at this video and it explain all.... Can you fix this problem? Because in every race happend this.... Excusme for my bad english and thanks for your work :)

Video

Looking into it mate, but my initial hunch is that there's files from another mod causing this issue. I've asked hill to take a look as well, but I think you might have some leftover files from another mod which may be causing this.

I'm stuck at work right now so unfortunately I can't do a race to test this, but I'll let you know what hill and I find asap

snthennumbers, can you please upload the last version of your mod that included the database.bin file for those of us who still use Mr. Pibb's 2013 mod?

I believe it was v1.8, right?

snthennumbers, this MOD is really awesome. Feels like a completely new 2013 game!
The way u figured out all those details about the AI system and sharing those as well, making it some kind of open source, is exemplary! Thank you and your collegues very much for bringing together 4 very important MODs (v1teks 2013, Safety Car and Comp.Braking)!!

Looking into it mate, but my initial hunch is that there's files from another mod causing this issue. I've asked hill to take a look as well, but I think you might have some leftover files from another mod which may be causing this.

I'm stuck at work right now so unfortunately I can't do a race to test this, but I'll let you know what hill and I find asap

I raced with the assumed same settings REGiSTERED used in Suzuka and had no red flag in the first few laps. Must be trouble with different AI-MODs.

snthennumbers, this MOD is really awesome. Feels like a completely new 2013 game!
The way u figured out all those details about the AI system and sharing those as well, making it some kind of open source, is exemplary! Thank you and your collegues very much for bringing together 4 very important MODs (v1teks 2013, Safety Car and Comp.Braking)!!

Awesome man, really glad you're enjoying it :thumbsup:

To everyone:
If you can find a moment to leave a review, it's greatly appreciated!
This can be done at the top of the page on the "Reviews" tab
I know it's a little silly, but it helps other people looking for good mods to easily see which mods people like from the Downloads section
EDIT: You have to click on the stars over on the right hand side to give a review
Thanks in advance!!
Capture.JPG

It's not in the database, it's in the tracks\circuits\<track>\route_0\triggers_pit.xml
Code:
  </params>
  </trigger>
  </params>
I haven't modified all tracks yet as I have the performance as my main focus currently.

Ah, yes, there's a
Code:
in melbourne e.g. as well, haven't touched it yet as I test in races only for now, it could be that points are for training-DRS but I'm not sure

Thanks alot!

I hope i got it working!
Would be fanatstic, just pure racing!

Code:
Do you think I can edit the drs to work only in the zones like in the race and how? Thanks

</params>
  </trigger>
  </params>

Ah, yes, there's a
Code:

Finally I managed to write a review :D

just one more question, I saw that it the IA mod coming from vitek's mod , the Demy's one, there is just one file that there isn't inside your mod.

car_materials

What does this file affect? Do I need to take it from Demy's mod in order to correctly play with the 2013 mod?

Thanks!

This is a pretty large task that I've looked into myself.
If you check the triggers_pit.xml files for Spa and Monaco, down at the bottom, you'll see "rear_wing_forbid" sections. These disable DRS in Eau Rouge at Spa and the tunnel at Monaco.

So the concept then, would be to map the rest of the track into those sections, except for the areas where you want DRS to be allowed.
However, the larger task, is to implement the 2 DRS zones for each track - I'm not sure how the coding would work for that...

Finally I managed to write a review :D

just one more question, I saw that it the IA mod coming from vitek's mod , the Demy's one, there is just one file that there isn't inside your mod.

car_materials

What does this file affect? Do I need to take it from Demy's mod in order to correctly play with the 2013 mod?

Thanks!

That file, according to Demy van Zoggel, increases the strength of the front wing, and lowers the strength of other car parts. Though after I checked what he changed in that file and followed his logic, it appeared (at least to me) that he actually lowered the strength of the front wing. I could be wrong...

You can use that file if you want, but the differences in it are pretty small, so there's nothing drastic that you're missing out on by not using it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back