Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 2013 Season 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
hi..
I Installed the 2013 Database and all working great.
But i wanted to put HRT back into the game so i could replace them with a custom team livery i like.
i have got everything working, HRT is back in game, and i worked out how to change drivers name, 3 letter nickname and nationality, but their actual screen name i cant seem to find where to change that.
i noticed in the ai_drivers it had all the new drivers names as u changed Schewy to Lewis for example, so i did same with Delarosa and karthakaian, but it didnt change the name in game...
so im assuming thats not where u change their names..

lil help please, as this is the only hurdle i have left in my desired mod.

thank you.

hi..
I Installed the 2013 Database and all working great.
But i wanted to put HRT back into the game so i could replace them with a custom team livery i like.
i have got everything working, HRT is back in game, and i worked out how to change drivers name, 3 letter nickname and nationality, but their actual screen name i cant seem to find where to change that.
i noticed in the ai_drivers it had all the new drivers names as u changed Schewy to Lewis for example, so i did same with Delarosa and karthakaian, but it didnt change the name in game...
so im assuming thats not where u change their names..

lil help please, as this is the only hurdle i have left in my desired mod.

thank you.

Honestly I'm not sure...try the "f1drivers" table...all the way to the right...the "surname_name_string_id" column?
The database was specifically made for 2013 so what your asking is a little beyond the scope of this mod. Maybe post a question in the Modding Questions Thread...sorry I can't be more help, but Mr. Pibb did the name changes and graphics stuff...I'm more of a numbers guy lol

No you cannot. Any mod which changes the database (or other files for that matter, not sure what the verification process is for online play) breaks online gameplay. Unfortunate, but I don't play online since it's just a bunch of loonies crashing their way to the front anyway...

a way around this could be backing up your career profile on mod databse, and loading standard database in when u want to play online, and then load mod database and career back up back when u want to play offline...

would u know which file and where your save game is located?

worked out the name change... its in the language file.

just going through the drivers now... and i see a few texture bugs.
Kimi, Roman, rosburg and Lewis need the 3 Blank Logo elements added back to there model files for race suits.
current mod has them with blue patches on race suit where sponsors would go.
Easy Fis, just use the Blank glove Files and make renamed copys.

Sauber Drivers have wrong helmets in model files... but correct helmets in car files.
easy fix, just swap the helmet textures.

Torro Roso Drivers are in Wrong cars, Daniel should be 19, Vergne 18...
easy fix, in f1 driver Teams, swap livery numbers

and in database, most drivers numbers need updating.

just a few things i noticed

but this mod is awesome!!! thank you!

worked out the name change... its in the language file.

just going through the drivers now... and i see a few texture bugs.
Kimi, Roman, rosburg and Lewis need the 3 Blank Logo elements added back to there model files for race suits.
current mod has them with blue patches on race suit where sponsors would go.
Easy Fis, just use the Blank glove Files and make renamed copys.

Sauber Drivers have wrong helmets in model files... but correct helmets in car files.
easy fix, just swap the helmet textures.

Torro Roso Drivers are in Wrong cars, Daniel should be 19, Vergne 18...
easy fix, in f1 driver Teams, swap livery numbers

and in database, most drivers numbers need updating.

just a few things i noticed

but this mod is awesome!!! thank you!

All of the above would be on Mr. Pibb's head as I used the database from his mod as a starting point, then worked from there to match it up to real 2013 stats.

By all means if you can fix those problems and want to send me an updated database that'd be great. To be honest I'm not sure how much demand there will be for it since v1tek released his mod.

I'm going to try out v1teks mod tonight, but I'll be changing my database stats, etc to get the performance with this mod, but with the graphics from his mod.
Might even offer my work to him, we'll see...

snthennumbers updated True to Life AI with a new update entry:

Database compatibility with v1tek's 2013 mod

Version 2.0 release notes:
AI: no changes

CTF Files: no changes

Database:
The database has been converted to work specifically with v1tek's 2013 mod. Do not install the database unless you have v1tek's 2013 mod installed (link in the overview page).

Database Changes:
track_difficulties table -->
Legend remains the same
Expert is 5.33% faster than default
Medium is 27.875% faster than the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

must say im impressed this is brilliant works perfect all difficult levels are correct cars feel better to drive (finally can take abs off :L had it on for so long cuz all other database made me spin constantly but this one no problems) the other drivers seem more aggressive and realistic great work

So if I'm gonna install this new mod from v1tek, in this way we can enjoy your AI (included with safety car fix and competitive braking) right?
Because I wanna give a look to this new mod but I have to be sure to use your amazing work with IA !! :D Thank you!

Edit : as far as I can see, there's no more database with increased tyre wear, is it correct?

So if I'm gonna install this new mod from v1tek, in this way we can enjoy your AI (included with safety car fix and competitive braking) right?
Because I wanna give a look to this new mod but I have to be sure to use your amazing work with IA !! :D Thank you!

Edit : as far as I can see, there's no more database with increased tyre wear, is it correct?

Check the overview page for details, but:
Safety Car Fix is included with my mod
Competitive Braking mod is included with my mod.

The supplied database includes increased tyre wear (check the tyres table when compared to default).
I stopped including different databases (aka with or without tyre wear, etc) because it got annoying adjusting multiple databases before each version release lol. So now it's just 1 database which is custom tailored to work with v1tek's mod, and give a 2013 feel.

Please note everyone, that I will be looking into adjusting the field timing spread as it is really close right now (in qualifying the entire field is separated by only just 2 seconds or so, whereas in real life it should be more like 3 seconds or more). I should be able to get that pushed out tonight so stay tuned. Don't fret, the database for v2.1 will not cause you to need to create a new profile/savegame. As stated in the release notes for v2.0, profile corruption only occurs when IDs within the database are changed, which will not happen anymore going forward.

Please remember to leave a review if you enjoy the mod :thumbsup: (it give's other people a quick reference point to see how "good" the mod is at a glance)
Cheers!

The supplied database includes increased tyre wear (check the tyres table when compared to default).
I stopped including different databases (aka with or without tyre wear, etc) because it got annoying adjusting multiple databases before each version release lol. So now it's just 1 database which is custom tailored to work with v1tek's mod, and give a 2013 feel.

Please note everyone,that I will be looking into adjusting the field timing spread as it is really close right now (in qualifying the entire field is separated by only just 2 seconds or so, whereas in real life it should be more like 3 seconds or more). I should be able to get that pushed out tonight so stay tuned. Don't fret, the database for v2.1 will not cause you to need to create a new profile/savegame. As stated in the release notes for v2.0, profile corruption only occurs when IDs within the database are changed, which will not happen anymore going forward.

Please remember to leave a review if you enjoy the mod :thumbsup: (it give's other people a quick reference point to see how "good" the mod is at a glance)
Cheers!

Thank you very much for your kind explanation!
So now if I will race at 50% i'll have 2 pit stops instead of one ! Good! :D

Please note everyone,that I will be looking into adjusting the field timing spread as it is really close right now (in qualifying the entire field is separated by only just 2 seconds or so, whereas in real life it should be more like 3 seconds or more). I should be able to get that pushed out tonight so stay tuned. Don't fret, the database for v2.1 will not cause you to need to create a new profile/savegame. As stated in the release notes for v2.0, profile corruption only occurs when IDs within the database are changed, which will not happen anymore going forward.

Cheers!
I'm having a great time using your mod,with v1tek's 2013 mod,a winning combination,a big thank you to both.

snthennumbers , I just saw that Hill made a new competitive braking mod, the v 4.0.

Can we use that together with your mod? Or you need to work out something to include it maybe in one of your future updates? Thank you!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 1 4.0%