Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 2013 Season 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
snthennumbers updated True to Life AI with a new update entry:

Minor fixes & adjustments from v2.1

Version 2.2 release notes:
The latest Competitive Braking Mod v4.0 from hill is included with this mod. THANKS HILL!!

AI:
No changes (don't worry I'm always looking for improvements)

CTF Files:
Slight adjustment to Montreal Player grip levels
Slight adjustment to Sepang Player grip levels
Adjusted Player's Ferrari mass from 645 to 642kg

Car livery:
theoriginalskunk (with the help of Ryder25's "Driver Specific Car Liveries" mod) has...

Read the rest of this update entry...

It shouldn't happen in quick races....I haven't seen that at all. However first season Career races will be different as the cars are not in fact fully developed (this was discussed a few pages ago). So some cars will be faster than others for the first season or 2 until development really starts to take off. I think this was CM's attempt at something like that F1 '99-'02 Season challenge...I'm sure this could be handled somehow in the database..but then you'd have 4 (or 5? idk how many years Career mode spans to be honest lol, never even finished a 1st season yet with all this modding) season where the same drivers are up front...kinda boring lol

I guess you are right!
By the way I cannot understand why this wasn't happening with your mod supportin MrPibb's one..
That's pretty much strange because only your mod has influence on AI , not the other ones..

I tried to look deeper at performances of the cars, and I realized that Force India is really too muck slow comparing for example to Williams or Toro Rosso..
In my opinion they should perform like Sauber or even better.
Lotus and Mercedes are too muck slower comparing to top teams Ferrari and Red Bull, while McLaren appears to be in the middle between them.

1)Ferrari RedBull
2)McLaren
3)Lotus and Mercedes

I saw that on Q1 all the top teams until Force India use prime tyres, while Williams, TR, Caterham and Marussia use option. That's good, but it increases too much the performances of Williams, they always gain the 6th or 7th place in Q1, and Force India performs more or less like Caterham and Marussia but worst than Toro Rosso.

I know that i'm starting to be boring, just wanna give some feedbacks, considering that I love your mod and it's absolutely the best AI mod out there!

To complete my "feedback" I'll try to revert back to Mr.Pibb's mod and your 1.9 to make a comparison in career mod and understand the differences. I'll make also other race in quick race mode with your 2.1 to see if there are differences with career mode.

Some screenshots of Q1 with your 2.1 mod, and some other to ask you if it's normal that when I start career with v1tek's mod this is the order of team that I have, plus some minor graphic errors like the one showed on screenshots!

As usual, thank you very much for the time spent making this game better :)

2013-04-26_00004.jpg2013-04-26_00005.jpg2013-04-26_00006.jpg2013-04-26_00007.jpg2013-04-26_00008.jpg2013-04-26_00009.jpg

Looking into it mate, but my initial hunch is that there's files from another mod causing this issue. I've asked hill to take a look as well, but I think you might have some leftover files from another mod which may be causing this.

I'm stuck at work right now so unfortunately I can't do a race to test this, but I'll let you know what hill and I find asap
I have solve my problem.. Probably i have installed one other AI mod and then your and AI crashed...
i've recheck my game via Steam and now work perfectly..... Nice and Nice work again snthennumbers

Some screenshots of Q1 with your 2.1 mod, and some other to ask you if it's normal that when I start career with v1tek's mod this is the order of team that I have, plus some minor graphic errors like the one showed on screenshots!

The graphical errors will be because v1tek (or AlexandrX1 for that matter) changed some ID's within the database. I'm not sure why they did it this way, but oh well. Remember that IDs are essentially "pointer" references which say "use this graphic file for this driver/team/car". So since they changed a few of them around, it's probably just a bit of human error lining everything up correctly. For instance Van der Garde's picture is missing in the driver selection menu as I'm sure you've noticed.

Now that I'm looking at the database, you can see the "ai_performance_tier/variation" tables...looks to me that these help control the variation in results from race to race.

So if you look at the "ai_performance_tier_values" you'll see the "uid" column corresponds to the values in the "ai_performance_variation_tierX" tables. You can see uid 16 for example means that nothing changes, however the other uid's correlate to horsepower increases.

So just from glancing at this while I'm at work, it looks like these tables essentially map out what performance gains/losses each team has for a given track - which is pretty realistic since some cars in real life handle certain tracks better than others. Though maybe CM went a little overboard with this as you're seeing...combine that with the fact that during Career Season 1 the cars are not fully developed (and that each team has different development paths, with different rewards/bonuses for each of their upgrades), this will lead to the variations you're seeing.

But please confirm for me that during a simple quick race that the teams fall roughly into order as they do in real life. If they're not, you might have some installation issues; when I was testing, I only did quick races, and based my modifications off the results of those quick races and qualifying sessions - so quick races should absolutely give realistic results...

The graphical errors will be because v1tek (or AlexandrX1 for that matter) changed some ID's within the database. I'm not sure why they did it this way, but oh well. Remember that IDs are essentially "pointer" references which say "use this graphic file for this driver/team/car". So since they changed a few of them around, it's probably just a bit of human error lining everything up correctly. For instance Van der Garde's picture is missing in the driver selection menu as I'm sure you've noticed.

Now that I'm looking at the database, you can see the "ai_performance_tier/variation" tables...looks to me that these help control the variation in results from race to race.

So if you look at the "ai_performance_tier_values" you'll see the "uid" column corresponds to the values in the "ai_performance_variation_tierX" tables. You can see uid 16 for example means that nothing changes, however the other uid's correlate to horsepower increases.

So just from glancing at this while I'm at work, it looks like these tables essentially map out what performance gains/losses each team has for a given track - which is pretty realistic since some cars in real life handle certain tracks better than others. Though maybe CM went a little overboard with this as you're seeing...combine that with the fact that during Career Season 1 the cars are not fully developed (and that each team has different development paths, with different rewards/bonuses for each of their upgrades), this will lead to the variations you're seeing.

But please confirm for me that during a simple quick race that the teams fall roughly into order as they do in real life. If they're not, you might have some installation issues; when I was testing, I only did quick races, and based my modifications off the results of those quick races and qualifying sessions - so quick races should absolutely give realistic results...

Thank you very much for your kind answer!
I'm gonna install again F1, this means I have to download it from Steam again, because I can't install it from DVD (dunno why...).
This because I'll be sure that in this way I won't have any installation issues (I always let Steam downloading my "corrupted files" but this time I wanna be sure installing the game again).

Thank you very much for your kind answer!
I'm gonna install again F1, this means I have to download it from Steam again, because I can't install it from DVD (dunno why...).
This because I'll be sure that in this way I won't have any installation issues (I always let Steam downloading my "corrupted files" but this time I wanna be sure installing the game again).

Sounds like a plan, and definitely let me know how the quick races go with regards to realistic results :thumbsup:

snthennumbers: And if I want to in Spain was white and orange set of tires, so what should I change?

database.bin > "track_model" table > find columns "option_tyre" and "prime_tyre" for "Catalunya" row
1 = super soft (red)
2 = soft (yellow)
3 = medium (white)
4 = hard (orange)

Change as you please. Not sure what you were asking though...version 2.3 has Spain set to medium/hard as per 2013 regulation, just FYI.

Cheers

Sounds like a plan, and definitely let me know how the quick races go with regards to realistic results :thumbsup:

just gave it a try, only quick race and results are quite similar to career ones, I noticed that if Mercedes and Lotus can go through q1 they will improve their performances, and that is good!

Force India is really slow, alway behind Toro Rosso, Williams always gain positions between 5th and 8th place in Q1 (I think because it's too fast and because of using option tyres..) Dunno if there's any possibility to put Force India at the same level of Sauber, at least

Now I'll revert back to Mr.Pibb's and your 1.9 and i'll make a comparison

After comparison I can say that maybe I drank too much Vodka when I wrote that with Mr.Pibb's mod it was different, can say right now that it was the same, or maybe it's even better now :)
I'm sorry if I wrote so much about this comparison, there wasn't any need to do it :)

It's clear in both versions that my personal results are :

Williams maybe too much fast (comparing to actual real performances)
Force India maybe too slow (comparing to actual real performances)

Thank you very much for your amazing work with IA, together with the other mods you gave us a brand new game!

GRAZIE! :D

Force India is really slow, always behind Toro Rosso, Williams always gain positions between 5th and 8th place in Q1 (I think because it's too fast and because of using option tyres..) Dunno if there's any possibility to put Force India at the same level of Sauber, at least

It's clear in both versions that my personal results are :

Williams maybe too much fast (comparing to actual real performances)
Force India maybe too slow (comparing to actual real performances)

Something isn't right...
I just did a quick race at Abu Dhabi (remember that quick races use fully developed cars, so the track selection doesn't really matter), with Full Qualifying. Results were as follows:

Abu Dhabi Q1 - top 12.JPGAbu Dhabi Q1 - rest of field.JPGAbu Dhabi Q2 - top 12.JPGAbu Dhabi Q2 - rest of field.JPGAbu Dhabi Q3.JPG

As I said, Season 1 Career races will differ from this a bit since the cars aren't fully developed - meaning different teams have different advantages/disadvantages initially. But quick races should give pretty realistic results. Though I will admit that I'm not sure if good/bad day chances from ai_driver table apply in both qualifying and race day, or just race day...

Is anyone else experiencing what Saverio Ceci is experiencing?
Feedback is greatly appreciated!

Oh, track selection actually does matter, I'd say. There are values for favorite tracks of drivers, dunno if you've edited them but even if you set all cars, drivers and tiers equal some drivers will be always better on specific tracks. Well, tbh I can't remember right now where those data were, I once noticed them but thought it would be good as a random factor for races.

Oh, track selection actually does matter, I'd say. There are values for favorite tracks of drivers, dunno if you've edited them but even if you set all cars, drivers and tiers equal some drivers will be always better on specific tracks. Well, tbh I can't remember right now where those data were, I once noticed them but thought it would be good as a random factor for races.

I think you are right, this should be the point. Because I tried only Australia and maybe this is the reason, later I'll try Abu Dhabi to see if the results are similar to the ones posted above.
Because I'm sure I did everything correct installing the mods.

v1tek's mod I installed everything except AI (this means that I installed his database folder too, included his schema file)
Then I installed 2.3 True to life , except for the lotus fix, but with the raceload.jpk.
That's all, nothing else installed, just this!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 4 7.3%