Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 2013 Season 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks dudes!

Another question to snthennumbers: The newer versions of your AI mod, which will include Competitive Braking Mod v4.0, will be only for v1tek's 2013 mod? (I mean concerning the use of the database.bin file)

That is correct. At the time I first made this mod, I felt Mr. Pibb had the best 2013 graphics updates, so I made this mod to support his.

Now v1tek admittedly has better graphic files with his mod, so I revamped this mod (aka the database) to work with his graphic files.

So yes, after version 1.9, Mr. Pibb's 2013 mod is not longer supported

Could you make a version with more grip for the player? I mean a version where the grip level isn't reduced so much on the specific tracks.

I don't know if it is just me but besides Spa and the tracks where you didn't lower the player's grip level, I mostly just can't keep up with the AI. I'm really struggling for grip when I try to push the car to the limit.
I did a race in Malaysia with rain and I was 3 sec slower than the rest of the field.
In Korea I have no chance to keep up with the field.

Should I just lower the difficulty?

Could you make a version with more grip for the player? I mean a version where the grip level isn't reduced so much on the specific tracks.

I don't know if it is just me but besides Spa and the tracks where you didn't lower the player's grip level, I mostly just can't keep up with the AI. I'm really struggling for grip when I try to push the car to the limit.
I did a race in Malaysia with rain and I was 3 sec slower than the rest of the field.
In Korea I have no chance to keep up with the field.

Should I just lower the difficulty?

Yes try lowering the difficulty since Legend has been made to be quicker than default.
v2.1 database will have smaller performance differences between each difficulty, so this should help as well. v2.1 should be available tonight once I'm done testing a couple last things

Hi there Numbers (sry if I call you in this way but it's faster :) ), just a little feedback for you after testing your 2.0 with the new competitive braking mod :

On a basic F1 version I installed first of all v1tek's mod, everything except AI. Then I installed your 2.0 and at the end the new competitive 4.0

I realized that maybe there are some performance issues related to the top teams, both in quick race and expecially in career mode. Both times I tried 50% lenght.

I see that sometimes Mercedes drivers are really struggling to go through Q1, while Williams drivers easily do it. I know they don't use Option tyres, by the way there is huge amount of gap from other top team using always prime tyres (for example Alonso, or Vettel..)
I saw that it happened to Mercedes drivers and also Lotus ones, it's like random..

There is this general feeling that sometimes some of the top teams are unbelieveable slow.
I never noticed this "issue" in your previous version using it with Mr. Pibb's mod.

Here are some screenshots of Q1, Q2, Q3 and race results (I started career with Sauber, I saw that with the nev v1tek's mod you can start career with Caterham, Marussia, Toro Rosso, Williams, Force India and Sauber , but the order in which they show up, is not usual, dunno why...)

2013-04-25_00001.jpg2013-04-25_00002.jpg2013-04-25_00003.jpg2013-04-25_00004.jpg2013-04-26_00001.jpg2013-04-26_00002.jpg2013-04-26_00003.jpg

sry for my english!

in the case above, the Force Indias are really too slow, and Q2 was quite a disaster for Mercedes and Lotus, they couldn't be faster than our Sauber

Hi there Numbers (sry if I call you in this way but it's faster :) ), just a little feedback for you after testing your 2.0 with the new competitive braking mod :

On a basic F1 version I installed first of all v1tek's mod, everything except AI. Then I installed your 2.0 and at the end the new competitive 4.0

I realized that maybe there are some performance issues related to the top teams, both in quick race and expecially in career mode. Both times I tried 50% lenght.

I see that sometimes Mercedes drivers are really struggling to go through Q1, while Williams drivers easily do it. I know they don't use Option tyres, by the way there is huge amount of gap from other top team using always prime tyres (for example Alonso, or Vettel..)
I saw that it happened to Mercedes drivers and also Lotus ones, it's like random..

There is this general feeling that sometimes some of the top teams are unbelieveable slow.
I never noticed this "issue" in your previous version using it with Mr. Pibb's mod.

Here are some screenshots of Q1, Q2, Q3 and race results (I started career with Sauber, I saw that with the nev v1tek's mod you can start career with Caterham, Marussia, Toro Rosso, Williams, Force India and Sauber , but the order in which they show up, is not usual, dunno why...)

View attachment 38252View attachment 38253View attachment 38254View attachment 38255View attachment 38256View attachment 38257View attachment 38258

sry for my english!

in the case above, the Force Indias are really too slow, and Q2 was quite a disaster for Mercedes and Lotus, they couldn't be faster than our Sauber
quick thing these database are set up so that every now and then a driver or team will have a bad weekend might just be one of on that race and the order in v1teks mod has nothing to do with this but he changed the team ids and pictures to replace the removed hrt this does not effect car performance or teir (quick personal preference I have used this mod from when I started moding f1 2012 and its best database and I havnt seen any major problems all qualifying have been realistic and all races have had realistic result) like I sed maby just a one off I sugguest do another race see if you have same result if same things happen for 2-3 races try re installing the mod then if still same comment again hope this helps you out

o one last tip best way to install this mod I find is install all ur other mods first then this mod then that avoids anything over righting this mod :)

quick thing these database are set up so that every now and then a driver or team will have a bad weekend might just be one of on that race and the order in v1teks mod has nothing to do with this but he changed the team ids and pictures to replace the removed hrt this does not effect car performance or teir (quick personal preference I have used this mod from when I started moding f1 2012 and its best database and I havnt seen any major problems all qualifying have been realistic and all races have had realistic result) like I sed maby just a one off I sugguest do another race see if you have same result if same things happen for 2-3 races try re installing the mod then if still same comment again hope this helps you out

o one last tip best way to install this mod I find is install all ur other mods first then this mod then that avoids anything over righting this mod :)

starting from your last sentence, it's exactly the way I installed it!

I figured out that v1tek's mod hasn't any influence on car performances, so for this reason I was asking in this thread, also because as I wrote before I didn't notice anything like that when I was using True to Life with Mr.Pibb's mod, worked perfectly, expecially with car performances!
Maybe it was just Australia like you just said, I'll see if it's gonna happen again in the next races!
For sure this IA mod it's the best one out there, I had so close fights with Webber and Ferraris that I think i'm not gonna sleep tonight :D

Just I forgot to say, I play on Legend level, without assists, if this should be in any help for the feedback!

starting from your last sentence, it's exactly the way I installed it!

I figured out that v1tek's mod hasn't any influence on car performances, so for this reason I was asking in this thread, also because as I wrote before I didn't notice anything like that when I was using True to Life with Mr.Pibb's mod, worked perfectly, expecially with car performances!
Maybe it was just Australia like you just said, I'll see if it's gonna happen again in the next races!
For sure this IA mod it's the best one out there, I had so close fights with Webber and Ferraris that I think i'm not gonna sleep tonight :D

Just I forgot to say, I play on Legend level, without assists, if this should be in any help for the feedback!

Are these career races you've attached? Or quick races?

snthennumbers updated True to Life AI with a new update entry:

Individualized driver performance, realistic mechanical failure rate, FIA regulation updates

Version 2.1 release notes:
The latest Competitive Braking Mod v4.0 from hill is included with this mod. THANKS HILL!!

AI:
No changes (don't worry I'm always looking for improvements)

CTF Files:
Slight adjustment to Montreal Player grip levels
Slight adjustment to Sepang Player grip levels
Adjusted Player's Ferrari mass from 645 to 642kg

Car livery:
theoriginalskunk (with the help of Ryder25's "Driver Specific Car Liveries"...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Are these career races you've attached? Or quick races?

Career races!
By the way I noticed similar results during quick races, today I'll test your new version! Can't wait for it :)

I'll start again career, so I'll see again in Melbourne how it will be. Can you believe that I've never finished a career season? I have the game since its first release! But until your mod, I couldn't find anything challenging to do it

Sorry guys, the Lotus doesn't look right at all. Behind where it says 'Kimi' you can see the word 'Romain' indented behind it. Also the Gennii logos aren't lined up and several other logos are pasted over other existing logos so you can see elements of both.

Sorry guys, the Lotus doesn't look right at all. Behind where it says 'Kimi' you can see the word 'Romain' indented behind it. Also the Gennii logos aren't lined up and several other logos are pasted over other existing logos so you can see elements of both.
sorry I no why this is as I used a different skin that isn't mine in game I imported mine in but forgot to change the pink layer :p opps pm and ill send u fix now till the fix can be uploaded on here (alternatively you can edit a better version of the skin there is tones of better version but due to being not mine I couldn't release there version) but tbh with you this mod isn't for the skin its more for the file so you no where it goes for you to import your own better ones if you get me as this is a game mechanics mod not a visual mod

(fix)
http://www.mediafire.com/?02y7x18cs9k980u

but what id do if I was you is extract the cars for each driver open them with a dds editor of some type cut names out and place them on your own better car livery for lotus

G'day guys, this is my first post in this forum and I wanted it to be here.

I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to modding but I'm reading a lot and learning.
I've installed this along with v1tek's mod and the difference to the games is amazing.
The help and patience you guys are showing in this thread is superb. Huge kudos and thanks to you guys.

Just about to install 2.1 and take if from there.
Keep it up guys and thanks again.

Cheers Shaun.

I had an issue during a 100% race in Abu Dhabi, not sure if related to this mod but here it goes.
Roughly on lap 42-44 I wanted to switch to mix 3 but it just didnt happen, I had +6 laps fuel but it still didnt change to mix 3, I could switch to mix 1 but not 3. I also tried going to mix 1 and then mix 3 from there but instead it put me on mix 2.

Is this a known bug? Or maybe a mechanical failure or something? The engine was green so its not like I had damaged it or anything...

Career races!
By the way I noticed similar results during quick races, today I'll test your new version! Can't wait for it :)

I'll start again career, so I'll see again in Melbourne how it will be. Can you believe that I've never finished a career season? I have the game since its first release! But until your mod, I couldn't find anything challenging to do it

It shouldn't happen in quick races....I haven't seen that at all. However first season Career races will be different as the cars are not in fact fully developed (this was discussed a few pages ago). So some cars will be faster than others for the first season or 2 until development really starts to take off. I think this was CM's attempt at something like that F1 '99-'02 Season challenge...I'm sure this could be handled somehow in the database..but then you'd have 4 (or 5? idk how many years Career mode spans to be honest lol, never even finished a 1st season yet with all this modding) season where the same drivers are up front...kinda boring lol

I had an issue during a 100% race in Abu Dhabi, not sure if related to this mod but here it goes.
Roughly on lap 42-44 I wanted to switch to mix 3 but it just didnt happen, I had +6 laps fuel but it still didnt change to mix 3, I could switch to mix 1 but not 3. I also tried going to mix 1 and then mix 3 from there but instead it put me on mix 2.

Is this a known bug? Or maybe a mechanical failure or something? The engine was green so its not like I had damaged it or anything...

That is a failure. It comes from the "fastEngineFailureChance" setting in the standard.hdm file (within the raceload.jpk file). For my mod it has an 18% chance of happening.

TO EVERYONE:
If you find some aspect of the car is failing too frequently, please let me know! I think the most notable failures would be mix 3 (18% failure chance), DRS (23% failure chance), and KERS (there's no actual % chance of failure setting for this, it's based on a number of variables like vibration from running over the kerbs and speed).

I did a 50% race at Hockenheim last night and had a minor spin on the first lap dropping me back to 11th. The rest of the race I was pushing like mad and due to frequent overrevving from quick downshifts by the end of the race my gearbox was showing signs of wear...so things do break if you're hard on them :thumbsup:

When they give you all the files that are still in Bahrain are not white but yellow tires, talk to me please

Well ****, idk how that got past me, I know I changed it before >.<

I'll fix that, but for now open the database > track model table
Find the Bahrain row and change the option_tyre column from a 2 to a 3

Sorry about that....guess I need more sleep lol

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 8 17.0%