Modding Questions Thread

I have my doubts you have searched already. This is one of the main questions asked over and over and over in several threads.

Well unfortunately for you I DID search, and unfortunately for me it allowed me to come across a number of your posts where you sound completely stuck up and expect everyone on this forum to know where everything is. For us newcomers, its really a let down to find an awesome forum like RD and then someone takes a dump on you when you post. If this information is so easy to come by, then why can't I find it via the search function? Or on google? Or better yet, if posting on forums is supposed to be a community thing, why didn't you simply just post a link to where I could find the info? Thanks anyway though. Your sage comments are accepted.

Hi all, I'm new here and apologize ahead of time if this is a repost, but I've searched around quite a bit and can't get a straight up answer or simple (or complicated) instructions. I absolutely love a lot of the team skins on this forum, but I'd like to be able to use a team skin and replace a different team than what its supposed to. For example, the Chevy F1 Team skin pack replaces Marussia, but I would like it to replace HRT instead, because I have another skin pack already replacing Marussia and I don't want to get rid of it. Is there a way I can modify the files? I'm familiar with code and how it works, I just don't want to screw anything up. I appreciate the hard work and the beautiful mods you all have created. It would be awesome to basically replace every team in the game with a fantasy team in my opinion :)

Firstly make a backup of your HRT cars and interiors folders, incase something goes wrong.

Then from the ma2 cars folder rename these files to hr2 versions and overwrite the hr2 versions in your cars/hr2 folder.

ma2_AO
ma2_highLOD
ma2_livery
ma2_lowLOD

also bring across the cameras and materials xml files.

Do the same in the ma2 interiors folder with all the files, rename everything from ma2 too hr2, and overwrite the files in the interiors/hr2 folder.

Once done you'll have Marussia models within the Hrt folders. After that you just need to import the textures from any Marussia version you want into the livery_main folder, this will have to be all the textures, including the wheels.

The driver suits will still be HRT, but as with the car, you can just import whichever suit and helmet you wish into the livery_00 and livery_01 files, not forgetting you'll need to do the same for the HRT drivers in the characters/models folder aswell.

Firstly make a backup of your HRT cars and interiors folders, incase something goes wrong.

Then from the ma2 cars folder rename these files to hr2 versions and overwrite the hr2 versions in your cars/hr2 folder.

ma2_AO
ma2_highLOD
ma2_livery
ma2_lowLOD

also bring across the cameras and materials xml files.

Do the same in the ma2 interiors folder with all the files, rename everything from ma2 too hr2, and overwrite the files in the interiors/hr2 folder.

Once done you'll have Marussia models within the Hrt folders. After that you just need to import the textures from any Marussia version you want into the livery_main folder, this will have to be all the textures, including the wheels.

The driver suits will still be HRT, but as with the car, you can just import whichever suit and helmet you wish into the livery_00 and livery_01 files, not forgetting you'll need to do the same for the HRT drivers in the characters/models folder aswell.

I think this should be placed on the modding guide and FAQ thread for new comers to easily see.

hey guys it's a easy question but still i can't make it to work.How do you guys take screenshot from ingame while using some kind of fx mod?If i use steam in the screenshot there is only the default graphics shown, so what kind of program should i get to take screenshot of it?Fraps?

hey guys it's a easy question but still i can't make it to work.How do you guys take screenshot from ingame while using some kind of fx mod?If i use steam in the screenshot there is only the default graphics shown, so what kind of program should i get to take screenshot of it?Fraps?

I use Fraps.

My method consists of just hitting the Replay key, and then, when the replay sequence comes to a halt, I press (left)ALT+Enter to switch the DirectX f1_2012.exe program into window-mode execution. From there, you can maximize that window and only the title bar doesn't belong to the full-screen game. Then, I just press the PrintScreen key to send a copy to the Windows Clipboard. From there, you can paste that content to the Painting program of your choice (MS Paint is fine too), cut out the title bar, and voilà... You can save the screenshot in the grfx format of your choice 2.

My method consists of just hitting the Replay key, and then, when the replay sequence comes to a halt, I press (left)ALT+Enter to switch the DirectX f1_2012.exe program into window-mode execution. From there, you can maximize that window and only the title bar doesn't belong to the full-screen game. Then, I just press the PrintScreen key to send a copy to the Windows Clipboard. From there, you can paste that content to the Painting program of your choice (MS Paint is fine too), cut out the title bar, and voilà... You can save the screenshot in the grfx format of your choice 2.
Hahaha and I thought, I'd be the only one doing it so complicated :D

hi i have one question Can i edit OSD (some like kers, drs, position ..........) i saw different graphics of osd in one video and that was very nice
. i tried to find some files with ryder PSSG editor but i didn't find

that is a little problem i dont know what video it was. So if you using Ryder pssg editor and if you know where are the files for editing please told me . anyway i try to find the video

it is all about graphics, in gameplay that graphic in original f1 2012 are little boring, so i want to something change

Is it somehow possible to suppress the forced displaying of the car's status when it's like low on fuel or you need to pit? It's damn annoying and blocking your right side when entering a turn. Disabling it completely isn't really an option, want to check my tyres from time to time.

####

Another question, I am searching for a mod, don't know which but I am looking for hd or better rear lights to replace the default blurry ugly ...

qvtd5yyp.jpg

I am sure, I've seen it in the past around here but searching for "rear light" gives no result and else I've checked upon all "light" and "lights" results ...
Found it, was part of the New Pirelli 2012 mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Another question, is it possible to change what's shown in the steering wheel's display? I'd like to have the lapcount on the left side instead of the speed, any ideas?
Well, I have my doubts it'll be possible but still ... would be great, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear expert modders,

Thank you again for all your great work, you really make this game better each day. I need some assistance today with a small problems. Gerald Chinoy has made on my request a very nice set of Canadian helmets and since then I have made some customisations on it for my own use only. However, I have a slight issue when looking at replays, and someone in the forum can point out what is causing this and how to fix. If you look at the pictures below, you will notice that when facing the sun, the visor becomes all white. How can I fix it so it remains black with only some amount of normal glare?

F12012Picture549_zpsc54419ae.jpg

F12012Picture679_zpsbe0adc7f.jpg

Dear expert modders,

Thank you again for all your great work, you really make this game better each day. I need some assistance today with a small problems. Gerald Chinoy has made on my request a very nice set of Canadian helmets and since then I have made some customisations on it for my own use only. However, I have a slight issue when looking at replays, and someone in the forum can point out what is causing this and how to fix. If you look at the picture below, you will notice that when facing the sun, the visor becomes all white. How can I fix it so it remains black with only some amount of normal glare?

F12012Picture549_zpsc54419ae.jpg

The whiteness was already like that in the original game i think.
Sjhoudl be fixed in the database, i think under helmets or something... There you can adjust how shiny the helmet and the visor is.

No it can't be fixed as the bespoke helmets visors have no assigned texture.tga file like the team driver helmets do. So they just ghost out.

Why the autosave doesnt work.The mod works great but vant save the game.Help

Would be fantastic if you could explain what MOD you are talking about wouldn't it?

Considering how many hundreds have been available, would be great to have it slimed down a tad.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back