Modding Questions Thread

Hi there. I have quite a small problem. I am quite an amateur to F1 modding and I've been trying to get my own team working in the game by replacing HRT which isn't a team anymore. So I already replaced all the texture files and changed stuff in the language file to rename it , etc. The only problem is that, its performance is .... lets say crap. I removed De La rosa from the team to put Schumacher just to see its Virtual performance and Shumi gets stuck at P20. I would like to know how I can edit the performance of the car so that I can challenge the big ones. Moreover, I could also get myself into public modding releasing performance files for the public. As you may have noticed, Ferrari kinda sucks this year but Alonso is always between P1 and P3 in Game so I wanted to change that. Please respond to this message.

Regards

Michael

I have 2 questions that i hope you guys can answer! Firstly what is the best photoshop for creating skins? And secondly if i download something, edit it slightly for my own taste but dont reupload it, is that ok or do i need permission?? Hope someone can help ;)

Err ... what did I do to get 25 drivers in the result table (#25 is the guy I replace, lol)
F1_d25.jpg

and how can I correct it? :D

Is there a way to enable "raindrops on screen" for camera type "Chase"? Setting it to "Head" is no option as the whole position/target base is completely different.

Hello everybody,
I would like to modify the FOV of F1 2012 because I feel the game very slow, the sensation of speed is not sufficient in my opinion.
I would like to have a result similar to the video below, do someone know how to do that ?
Many thanks !
Mat

Hi all, I'm new here and apologize ahead of time if this is a repost, but I've searched around quite a bit and can't get a straight up answer or simple (or complicated) instructions. I absolutely love a lot of the team skins on this forum, but I'd like to be able to use a team skin and replace a different team than what its supposed to. For example, the Chevy F1 Team skin pack replaces Marussia, but I would like it to replace HRT instead, because I have another skin pack already replacing Marussia and I don't want to get rid of it. Is there a way I can modify the files? I'm familiar with code and how it works, I just don't want to screw anything up. I appreciate the hard work and the beautiful mods you all have created. It would be awesome to basically replace every team in the game with a fantasy team in my opinion :)

Right, Hello guys. I'm not really sure what I'm doing here.

I've recently downloaded F1 2012 on PC and have downloaded this MOD: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/f1-2013-season-mod.68460/ to bring it up to 2013 version. However, I now want to do some more things but have no idea how. I have tried myself but I am not clued up when it comes to any of this and so was wondering if someone could help.

Firstly, I want to bring HRT back in so I can edit the livery of the team and make them my own team.
Then, I want to move some drivers around and add others in, take some out etc etc. I presume this is possible because obviously it's been done for the 2013 MOD.

So, could anyone help me out?

First, you should've posted obviously in the mod question thread.
Second, you should use the search function, I stopped counting how many times people asked and were answered about HRT back and switching drivers.

I've just had a look around the forums but nothing's really making much sense. As I said, I'm brand new to mods and this website and would really appreciate some help :)

Last edited:
I drive in my career mode with a custom helmet, which is gen_03, for some reason during the cut-scene at the beginning of a session it shows a wing on the back of my helmet, but in the car and during the post-race cut-scenes it has no wing on the back. Is there a way to fix it so that it always has the wing?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 2 4.7%