Modding Questions Thread

Hey all, I've been Skinning the Sauber the last day or two, I can see where the Garage is but I can't find the jumpsuits, does anyone know where I would find them? I'd like to create my own team in essence but since this is my first time skinning things I'm getting a little lost in places.

F1 2013, thanks :)

Hi all,
I've heavily modded my f1 2012 and I'm really happy with the results.
I do have one problem however. I don't know how to mod the AI behavior for qualifying.
For example in my mod marrusia (monster energy) and HRT (Jordan) have been made very competitive, but they still behave in Q1 like they're at the back of the grid. using option tyres and I assume rich fuel mix. whereas Ferrari, McLaren, Redbull, Mercedes etc all use primes and either lean or standard.
This means lewis hamilton for example goes out and sets a time 18th fastest before returning to the pits and not going out again. Even though his car is capable of running at the front.
I can get by this by setting a lap time and then skipping the session, then times kind of go to a "default" level. but I like to let qualifying run in real time and I'm getting annoyed at seeing all the top drivers at top teams not trying enough in Q1 and then being eliminated because I made some of the mid field/back teams stronger.
Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

im modding the cutscene when my car is getting pushed into the garage in practice. ive done what ive supposed to and i can get it to show the chase cam when pushing the car in. but when i change it to my head cam all i can see is the ground when the car is getting pushed in. How do i fix it so it shows my head cam.?

Legend Mod 1975-2012

Hello guys, i'm very new on this forum and quite impressed by all your works ! I'm trying to create a Legend Mod especially to play Multiplayer with friends and have fun !
Here is the perfect grid i would like to create :

McLaren Honda 1989
1. A.Prost
2. A.Senna

Scuderia Ferrari 1999
3. M.Schumacher
4. E.Irvine

McLaren Mercedes 1998
5. M.Hakkinen
6. D.Coulthard

Scuderia Ferrari 1979
7. J.Schekter
8. G.Villeneuve

Williams Ford 1983
9. K.Rosberg
10. J.Lafitte

Williams Honda 1987
11. N.Piquet
12. N.Mansell

Williams Renault 1996
13. D.Hill
14. J.Villeneuve

Red Bull Renault 2012
15. S.Vettel
16. M.Webber

Renault F1 Team 2006
17. F.Alonso
18. G.FIsichella

McLaren 1976-2008
19. J.Hunt
20. L.Hamilton

Scuderia Ferrari 1975-2007
21. N.Lauda
22. K.Raikkonen

Brawn GP 2009
23. J.Button
24. R.Barrichello

The Problem is that i actually can't change a driver name inside the database file.. then i'm asking for your help :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i'm sorry for the wrong post place, anyway i learned a lot on modding by reading a hundred pages of that forum.

But I asking myself if it is possible to duplicate some cars : In my mod there are 3 McLaren some Williams and Some Ferraris. I've found different skins but they all are for mc2 or fe2. I'd like to replace Sauber for exemple by another McLaren 3D model because of course if i only import textures file with pssg editor, it doesn't fit the car

Well i'm sorry for the wrong post place, anyway i learned a lot on modding by reading a hundred pages of that forum.

But I asking myself if it is possible to duplicate some cars : In my mod there are 3 McLaren some Williams and Some Ferraris. I've found different skins but they all are for mc2 or fe2. I'd like to replace Sauber for exemple by another McLaren 3D model because of course if i only import textures file with pssg editor, it doesn't fit the car

Simple, copy and paste all fe2 files and paste it on the team you want and rename all files like they was should be on the specific team after that put the new skin

Hi can´t play the game tried 3 times new installation no change
after starting nothing happend if i tried to start again steam say
game is running
i tried what steam says but no success
after every try is in the main folder of F1 2012 is a ????.mdmp file

Legend Mod 1975-2012

Hello guys, i'm very new on this forum and quite impressed by all your works ! I'm trying to create a Legend Mod especially to play Multiplayer with friends and have fun !
Here is the perfect grid i would like to create :

McLaren Honda 1989
1. A.Prost
2. A.Senna

Scuderia Ferrari 1999
3. M.Schumacher
4. E.Irvine

McLaren Mercedes 1998
5. M.Hakkinen
6. D.Coulthard

Scuderia Ferrari 1979
7. J.Schekter
8. G.Villeneuve

Williams Ford 1983
9. K.Rosberg
10. J.Lafitte

Williams Honda 1987
11. N.Piquet
12. N.Mansell

Williams Renault 1996
13. D.Hill
14. J.Villeneuve

Red Bull Renault 2012
15. S.Vettel
16. M.Webber

Renault F1 Team 2006
17. F.Alonso
18. G.FIsichella

McLaren 1976-2008
19. J.Hunt
20. L.Hamilton

Scuderia Ferrari 1975-2007
21. N.Lauda
22. K.Raikkonen

Brawn GP 2009
23. J.Button
24. R.Barrichello

The Problem is that i actually can't change a driver name inside the database file.. then i'm asking for your help :(
lol you can't play multiplayer if you modify the database. So this dream grid of yours is only possible for offline use.

Question for skin modders:

Have any of you guys tried creating a metallic finish skin with color? I was thinking of doing a purple metallic but the only way I've been able to get it to look metallic is to have the skin color be very dark (like it is on the mclaren, totally black) I've had some success with a yellow/gold but I fear doing anything where the RGB breakout on the skin has anything other than 255 for Blue won't work properly.

Sorry I meant 0 for Blue which makes having a purple...troublesome.

Last edited:
hello everyone! after some graphics changes-updates i made manually i noticed that after the race or the qualifying lap the "view replay" key does not exist... what's the problem?? does anybody know?? thanx!!

hello everyone! after some graphics changes-updates i made manually i noticed that after the race or the qualifying lap the "view replay" key does not exist... what's the problem?? does anybody know?? thanx!!

You are probably best to explain what 'graphics updates' you have made.

Merged into modding questions thread

Question:

When you guys are saving as DDS, what are you guys putting for mipmaps settings?

I was working on a skin, that was DHD and yet I would go into the game to test it and I'm getting this blotchiness whenever the light hit certain areas. I made the speccoc the same size as the main skin, yet it was still there.

I then exported both as dds WITHOUT mipmaps and it went away, guessing this isn't the way to go tho as it might not allow proper image scaling?

Would love to know what some of you more experienced modders are doing with regards to this. Thanks for any help.

Could it possibly be in the amount of Blur in "MipMap settings?"

Do some of you guys create the "high" texture without and the "low" texture with mipmaps?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back