Modding Questions Thread

Question:

Is there a way to edit the database to allow all cars to get into Q3 in a full qualifying session?

And

Has anyone tried inputting a setup in one of the 7 setups in the quickcarsetup tab on the database to bypass the inability to edit a "full" setup in one shot qualifying in-game? Has that worked for anyone?

Does anyone know how to fully get the rims of the wheels a different colour, I have partially managed it but still part of the rims are the original colour, Thanks for help on this ;)

Does anyone know how to fully get the rims of the wheels a different colour, ;)

You have to create an "o-ring" essentially. I usually do this:

1. Open one of ML2166's models.
2. Go to "wheel" and double click it.
3. Save the wheel.psd file and make edits to it. Create a color circle and cut out a hole in it however you'd like. Test the thickness of it. It can't be too thick or close to the center or it starts to run onto the spokes and other areas.
4. When you're ready create a flat copy, select all, cut then double click the "wheel" layer again from the 3d model. Paste your work in and test it out.

Mostly just trial and error from there. Hope that helps.

You have to create an "o-ring" essentially. I usually do this:

1. Open one of ML2166's models.
2. Go to "wheel" and double click it.
3. Save the wheel.psd file and make edits to it. Create a color circle and cut out a hole in it however you'd like. Test the thickness of it. It can't be too thick or close to the center or it starts to run onto the spokes and other areas.
4. When you're ready create a flat copy, select all, cut then double click the "wheel" layer again from the 3d model. Paste your work in and test it out.

Mostly just trial and error from there. Hope that helps.
Thanks, I'll try it when I can ;). But usually my 3D Car Model doesn't work well on Photoshop (it says not enough RAM). So how can I change the wheels without needing the 3D Car Model, and if you know as well, how can I fix the RAM issue?

Thanks, I'll try it when I can ;). But usually my 3D Car Model doesn't work well on Photoshop (it says not enough RAM). So how can I change the wheels without needing the 3D Car Model, and if you know as well, how can I fix the RAM issue?

Get more ram or a newer computer? :)
I think I misunderstood your post but either way you have to open the high texture pssg file in the specific cars folder and export the wheel dds, open it in Photoshop and edit it. You can test it out on the 3D model in Photoshop or just save a copy as a dds and import it back into the game.

Get more ram or a newer computer? :)
I think I misunderstood your post but either way you have to open the high texture pssg file in the specific cars folder and export the wheel dds, open it in Photoshop and edit it. You can test it out on the 3D model in Photoshop or just save a copy as a dds and import it back into the game.
For some reason, I don't have .dds as a savable option (On Photoshop CC), what could I do because of this?

Hey salab90 if You read this can you please give me all the files from your 2001 Mod wich you dont realise Garages etc
Maybe tagging him would work better ;)
@SATLAB90

Anyway, onto my question:
Is it possible to edit the video intro when you select a team for career? The video that pops up, and shows a short animation with the team logo? It's currently a .BIK file. I'm working on a team pack with a friend, and he wants to change that ;)

• Deleted member 161052

I'm looking for a good logo of the non-tobacco version of the BECK'S logo...
r2_pedrodelarosa_jaguar_magnycours_2001.jpg

and the non-tobacco West logo too (you should also look for the "DAVID" one).
f1+mclaren+4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back