Modding Questions Thread

Is there any way to make the game more more harder?
I'm driving in Ferrari in career with the true to life ai mod 2013 and im playing on legend difficulty with default setup and its the 4th season and im at GBR at the moment and the game is toooo easy even on legend diff. i was sitting 6 times at pole out of 8 races and i won 5 races and 3 podium(one second, one third) i have 110 point at the championship..massa's the second and he has got 95 points.....i qualified at P22 at montreal because i crashed into the wall by mistake and i finished at P1 on legend diff....and the gap on race is increasing greatly each lap(on every race) like vettel did at singapore......and it's very very boring

Database -> track_difficulties ->higher values

Profile could be damaged after hat. Make a new profile or take the risk ;)

Is there any way to make the game more more harder?
I'm driving in Ferrari in career with the true to life ai mod 2013 and im playing on legend difficulty with default setup and its the 4th season and im at GBR at the moment and the game is toooo easy even on legend diff. i was sitting 6 times at pole out of 8 races and i won 5 races and 3 podium(one second, one third) i have 110 point at the championship..massa's the second and he has got 95 points.....i qualified at P22 at montreal because i crashed into the wall by mistake and i finished at P1 on legend diff....and the gap on race is increasing greatly each lap(on every race) like vettel did at singapore......and it's very very boring
I know the feeling... I don't know about the in race thing, BUT I can help you by giving them better Q times!

You need RYDER DATABASE EDITOR

While in RYDER DATABASE EDITOR go to your F1 2012 folder>database folder>database file(open it with RYDER DATABASE EDITOR) there one of the first files is the ai_drivers file. Double click on ai_drivers. Search for fake_qualifying_abillity(or something with that name) look at the names of the drivers which is a bit to the right... Search for The guys in your game's name's at there fake_qualifying_abillity type in 50(that is max) to make them Q better... Hope this long comment helps.

How can i move raikonnen to ferrari?

"
I was wondering, I have Ryder database editor... But how can I put drivers into other teams(like put Kimi Raikkonen in Ferrari like in 2014)and still keep they're helmets and pics and info... and so forth, but at the team he is now... For example: Put Kimi in Ferrari(1st driver) but in Career and Quick race all his details and pictures and his helmet stays the same(his suit has to stay the same, or it'll be a Lotus suit in Ferrari) please help!:sick::cry:

1. Posssibility: Switch driver ids. Should work (not tried it yet, but i think so)

2. Rename, rename, rename ;)"

How can i move raikonnen to ferrari?
I can guide you, I did it. Get Raikkonen and the guy you want to replace him with. Alright, go to f1_drivers_f1_teams(or something like that) search for the driver's id's. At that row find the drivers car livery ID. Switch let's say Raikkonen's livery with Massa's that should do the trick! Do you want to start with Ferrari in career? I can teach you that to!

FYI: All this is in the database folder

Hey send me your DATABASE and who you want to replace(Alonso or Massa?) I will do it for you, but in the cutscenes Raikkonen will have a LOTUS suit!

Of course, you must rename the texture files within the .pssg as well. If your pssg is fernando_alonso and inside is raikkonen you will get blank screwed textures.

Here is what I mean as example by Lewis Hamilton
  • higtxt_lewis_hamilton.pssg open with pssg editor
  • go to All Sections
  • select the texturename and change it according to the last name of the driver
  • qiv6uvj7.png
So if you rename "higtxt_kimi_raikkonen.pssg" to "higtxt_felipe_massa.pssg" for example, the file still holds "raikkonen_glove_logo_n.tga", "raikkonen_helmet_a.tga" etc. so you must rename it to "massa_glove_logo_n.tga", "massa_helmet_a.tga"
AND if you move drivers to different teams you must also rename the team like "lotus_logo_01_d.tga" to "ferrari_logo_01_d.tga"
You must do this for every single texture file.

Last edited by a moderator:
Database -> track_difficulties ->higher values

Profile could be damaged after hat. Make a new profile or take the risk ;)
If he's playing on Legend, most values are already set to 1 - higher values will not be recognized by the game. And no, it does not damage the profile at all.

@hellsingspartan if you are too fast, go to "F1 2012\cars\track" edit any or all .ctf files and increase the mass for example (20kg more should be ~1sec slower [well, at least for me it was near that]) or play with the gears or choose "cautious" for fuel at the race and use never mix 3 etc. etc.
There are several ways to decrease your performance. I would not recommend decreasing the mass of the AI [balance folder] as they tend to spin off or crash without corrected braking points. You may decrease their aero_ values.

(I hope I didn't mix track and balanced up I didn't touch F1 for weeks now :D)

Last edited by a moderator:
Melphiz, do you know how to increase the chance that a SC will be deplayed, i have asked this question before but i'm still searching for answers;)

Database =>
  • safety_car_chance => set all to "1"
  • safety_car_deploy_count => set all to "4" or "5"
  • track_model => safety_car_chance => set all to "1"
but to be honest, with TTL AI I can't say having many collisions which would deploy the SC

No, you can't.
Bud, it's nice you have questions but try to use the search function from time to time, most of your questions have been answered in the past already.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.6%