GSCE v1.15 Bug Report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports on this thread.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.15 release thread.

with the couple of posts i have in this thread about v1.15 introducing stutters (even when FPS show 60+) and FPS drops compared to the v1.10 on the same PC, same HDD, using same settings etc. i had tried all the suggested fixes in this thread to no success, and this evening i was swapping back and forward between versions comparing the FPS drops and stuttering and just generally trying to figure it out seeing as all settings were identical. i was testing at Taruma and a rFactor conversion track (Jerez, which has really high FPS) etc..... then i noticed my v1.10 had time scaled set to NONE whereas v1.15 was set to NORMAL (maybe by default??). so i changed that to NONE in v1.15 and tried a couple of the same tracks i had been testing and voila!! the two tracks i looked at so far had their FPS back up and no stuttering present whatsoever.... I am going to test a few more and will post my outcome.

perhaps you other guys with stutters should set time scale to NONE and see if that helps yours too...

BRILLIANT! THIS WORKS FOR ME TOO. I also noticed that the TIME SCALE setting under RULES was NORMAL in 1.10 but it changed to RACE % in 1.15. I changed this setting back to NONE, cranked up the DISPLAY setting to ULTRA and NO MORE STUTTERS even at Montreal.

Sorry about the capital letters but I'm excited because R1-Robbie might have found the cause of everybody's stutter problems.

I'm having some sort of texture loading error. Normally I'd try to uninstall and redo the GSC sync again but I've already surpassed my bandwith cap for this month so that's not much of an option at the moment. Here is the error:

Reiza Common folder is still there and no mods. I could try to delete that folder and use some of my cell phone data to try and redownload that with GSC sync if you think it might fix the issue.

edit: That fixed my issue.

Last edited:
Reiza

The problem persists for me with the V12. Tried several tracks and different gear ratios and the rpms jump through the last power band not giving me anytime to shift. In 6th gear the engine stutters like crazy make it impossible to race properly.

No one else is having this issue?

Autoclutch - on or off makes no difference. All the other open wheelers do not exhibit this behaviour.

I've put a replay file here to show what I mean -https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71611967/Interlagos Historic TD 26.Vcr

I haven't had much time to play recently but have noticed one thing that persisted from 1.10 to 1.15.

During qualifying if you end the session before time runs out the number of laps simulated for AI teams is not calculated right.

For instance with 1:24 left on the qualifying clock I ended a session with the Mini's at Taruma. Several AI cars managed to run 4 to 5 laps in that 1:24 considering that the lap time is about 1:20 that would be impossible. As I said pretty minor just something to note.

A second bit of knowledge to share is that one application that might cause the application to launch in the background when running full screen is the Adobe CC management application. In order to run full screen I have to exit that or else GSCE will minimize after launch.

How can i save a custom seat position for a car without interfering with all the cars' seat positions ? Atm now it seems if i change seat position in one car it will affect every car's seat position. I would like the game to save the custom seat position for each car separately. Is this possible ?

(This is supposed to be the bug thread btw).

It is possible, but you will need to experiment to find the right file and line to change.

Take the Mini Challenge as an example, I would start by looking in MINI_CHALLENGE_cockpitinfo.ini
There's a line:
Eyepoint=(0.333, 0.960, 0.310) // Driver eyepoint (cockpit view only) ( LEFT/RIGHT, UP/DOWN, FORWARD/BACK

I am guessing this is the starting point for the cockpit view in the Mini, so if you change it, it should alter your default view. You will need to back up the file and then experiment.

I also got low fps with the Formula V12. This car is perhaps more detailled then for example the Formula Classic? I noticed that lowering the shadows from medium to low gave me the best fps improvement. I'm now able to race the Formula V12 with descent fps (68 at start Montreal) but only with 9 AI (8 visible). Compared with the Formula classic: 80 fps at start Montreal, but 19 AI!

After the "none" bug the Karts races are perfect now, but I still have massive stuttering at Montreal at the braking point of turns 7, 9 and 11 with V12. The very strange thing is that if I tunf off the v-sync, at same points of this track I get over 85 fps even with smoke and dust. This thing drives me crazy, is unacceptable with two 780Ti. What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back