GSCE v1.15 Bug Report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports on this thread.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.15 release thread.

A few small bugs I came across....
I did a f3 race @ Montreal 14 ai after crashing early I restarted and my car was placed infront of the p1 position on an angle than when the lights came on it placed me in the proper position on the grid.
With the karts 2 ai were placed on the grid in p1 flickering between the 2. The race was at floripa kart # 3

I've re-tried running the shifter karts at Granja Viana (circuits 1 & 2) with a maximum grid size and whilst the frame rate stays locked to 60 fps when v-sync'd, the in-motion fluiditiy is lacking - GSC looks like it's microstuttering. I may downgrade to an earlier version of Nvidia's drivers to see if this fixes the issue.

I'm also finding that GSC Sync wants to download the GSC.exe each time its run; I have the latest version so I'm not sure why this is occurring.

Hey guys lowering texture- and opponent car-detail by one click did the trick for me.

Seem to be the hq textures causing my stutterings.

turning down shadows helped too but i love them and turning down textures didn't change a lot from the visuals but helped on fps.

This should be fixed now.
I've just re-run the GSC Sync and it is indeed fixed :thumbsup:

Any developer thoughts on the Granja Viana stuttering? It's the only track thus far I see any stuttering issues on.

I would presume a 2GB EVGA GTX 680 'Superclocked' should be sufficient to run GSC E at its maximum graphical settings which is what I do have it running at except for shadows which remain at the default level of high. The rest of my PC specs are here: PC specs

Can someone confirm the V12 top end behaviour in each gear?

Is it correct that if you get the RPMS into the final power band, it will jump through the last zone and the engine will start to sputter?

None of the other cars do this.

Last edited:
Setting shadows from full to high did the trick for me (but not for Karts). Seems the shadows are a big frame killer. Before this, I tried to lower from full to high (one at the time) the "circuit detail", "player detail", "opponent detail", "texture detail" and "special effect" settings unsuccessfully. All the other settings in game are maxed out. AA 8xSQ and 4x SGS in nVidia Inspector profile. My screen resolution is 2560 x 1080.
However I would like to point out that before the update, with the same settings, the problem was not present. The strange things is that the game stutters only in some very specific points of the various tracks.
My pc spec, as I wrote before, is: Win 7 64 bit, I7 980x, SLI with 2 Msi 780Ti gaming edition (total of 6Gb GDDR5), RAM 6Gb DDR3 1866.
With karts at Granja Viana unfortunely I can only confirm what Travis Petrovic says. The framerate is locked at 60 but the stutter is massive and the game is unplayable.
Please Reiza, fix it. This is my favorite sim. I will never stop thanking you.

With karts at Granja Viana unfortunely I can only confirm what Travis Petrovic says. The framerate is locked at 60 but the stutter is massive and the game is unplayable.
Thanks for confirming the issue; with two graphics cards as powerful as the GTX 780Ti in SLI, you should never see stuttering issues at all. I'm going to use an earlier driver 332.21 to see if this fixes it.

Please Reiza, fix it. This is my favorite sim. I will never stop thanking you.
+1 a zillion times over. Reiza Studios have been incredible in their support.

Just for kicks, could you guys still with stuttering issues after the latest exe try creating a GSC.exe shortcut and adding the command line -fullproc (yes minus sign) - this will disable fullproc and should get the exe to work as it was by default in v1.10.

Another option to try if the above brings no results - change the PLR settings below from:

Shadow Updates="256" // Static shadow updates per frame (Shadow Updates * Sky Update Frames should exceed number of static shadows on track)
Sky Update Frames="10" // Frames between sky and light updates

To:

Shadow Updates="8" // Static shadow updates per frame (Shadow Updates * Sky Update Frames should exceed number of static shadows on track)
Sky Update Frames="150" // Frames between sky and light updates

A complete system spec would be even more helpful.

The new exe cured my big sound stutter problem, but I still get this 'micro stuttering' on certain parts of Montreal, with a full grid of cars. Seems to be the slow bends with high number of cars in a pack. I will try turning down some detail later today and will also try the above shadow & sky update changes & report back.

(I also got the micro stutter in ver 1.10, it was at Monaco, & probably due to the high detail. I know its a non Reiza track, but worth mentioning).

i7 4660k 3.5ghz, 8GB RAM, Sapphire HD7950 3GB, running three monitors. Win 7 64bit.

Just for kicks, could you guys still with stuttering issues after the latest exe try creating a GSC.exe shortcut and adding the command line -fullproc (yes minus sign) - this will disable fullproc and should get the exe to work as it was by default in v1.10.
I tried this and it didn't solve the issue at Granja Viana. FWIW, the downgrade in Nvidia drivers to 332.21 didn't fix the issue either.
Another option to try if the above brings no results - change the PLR settings below from:

Shadow Updates="256"
// Static shadow updates per frame (Shadow Updates * Sky Update Frames should exceed number of static shadows on track)
To:
Shadow Updates="8" // Static shadow updates per frame (Shadow Updates * Sky Update Frames should exceed number of static shadows on track)
Hmm. My newly created PLR has Shadow Updates="127" and Sky Update Frames="8" :O_o:

However I can confirm changing the lines to the suggested settings of Shadow Updates="8 and Sky Update Frames="150" has fixed the stuttering issue on Granja Viana!

I had one issue where I didn't use v-sync and the shadows from trees lining the circuit was up in the air at an angle but I haven't been able to reproduce this so I'm guessing this was a one off occurrence.

A top effort as always from Reiza Studios :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Shadow Updates="256" // Static shadow updates per frame (Shadow Updates * Sky Update Frames should exceed number of static shadows on track)

To:

Hi Reiza

Changing the shortcut to -fullproc made things a little worse.

However altering the PLR file does appear to have solved the stutter I was getting. From the quick test I did, everything seemed to be running smoothly. :thumbsup:

Hi Reiza

Changing the shortcut to -fullproc made things a little worse.

However altering the PLR file does appear to have solved the stutter I was getting. From the quick test I did, everything seemed to be running smoothly. :thumbsup:

Just want to clarify, did you guys change settings after the update, or did these files already come with those new values (Shadow Updates="8" and Sky Update Frames="150")? Mine already had these values after the update.

I actually changed mine in the PLR file to the values above and then saved.

Done a quick test around Montreal at the points where I was having the stutter issues, and all appeared to be well.

I have had these stutters in 1.10 as well. Certain cars and tracks makes it worse. Framerates are stable but drops massively in replay or in packs of cars (like turn 1). Stutters occuring at certain parts of the tracks.

This is what i mentioned before as "LOD issues" as i suspect that having many cars on track in visible range causes issues with loading models.

The same for trackside objects.

For me it often works to restart the race after running about two laps (stream loading and caching done) and then it's smooth.

Perhaps a combination of large texture sizes, a bit ineffective LODs and single threaded stream loading of assets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%