GSCE v1.15 Bug Report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports on this thread.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.15 release thread.

Just want to clarify, did you guys change settings after the update, or did these files already come with those new values (Shadow Updates="8" and Sky Update Frames="150")? Mine already had these values after the update.
I had to change these lines in the PLR file.

I deleted the GSC.exe and PLR files and ran GSC Sync and the resulting new PLR shows Shadow Updates="127" and Sky Update Frames="8".

Last edited:
Im having about 30-40 FPS drop at Taruma in 1.15 same car same session etc from v1.10 also getting major stutters from T6 until back at T1 regardless of graphic settings and also tried the above mentioned shadow/sky changes to PLR. with Montreal for me is as reported by others as in very stuttering even though FPS is 50+ for me i notice it is from pit exit until rounding that tight hairpin, once going back in opposite direction then it runs sweet at around 100FPS right down the start grid until going into T2 then goes stuttering again.

win7 64bit, GTX590 (3GB) with 334.89 driver, 16GB RAM. all in game and nvidia inspector profiles settings the same as when running V1.10

Checked my PLR file, the settings Reiza advised are already there.
Just some minor lowering of details has cured it for me.
(I have turned shadows down to high from max, and lowered my anisopteric, plus dropped antialiasing to 4 in gsc config. Stutter is now cured or negligible).

Funnily enough, the dust or smoke never caused any problem on my system.
Only tested V12s, full grid, at Montreal, but that seems to be the busiest track for detail.

i7 4770k 3.5ghz, 8GB RAM, Sapphire HD7950 3GB, running three monitors. Win 7 64bit.

Last edited:
Tried to set the suggested values in my plr file, nothing changes.
With karts is still unplayable despite msi afterburner show me 60 fps.
So I reset on max setting the shadows, and tried the V12 at Montreal (that's the circuit that gives me more problems of all) the stutters comes back again.

Also, i might add this: The dust. Still that infernal dust. :)

As soon as dust is involved (like on start/finish straight) and in some corners, it cuts my framerate in more than half.

Worth making sure you´re running a 32-bit color resolution instead of 16-bit. The dust shouldnt be much of a perfomance hit at all.

Also at the risk of sounding redundant, anyone new to this thread with performance issue should make sure to run GSC Sync and update to the exe from 30/03

Maybe this was answered before, but couldnt find it in the last pages:
I installed serveral Track + Car mods (even before 1.15 update, so this is a bug on my side i guess):
1. The standard Reiza tracks wont load up any more for me (missing textures error)
2. so i did a reinstall + GSC-Sync (but i left my mods in GSC-folder... for some reason)... still the same problem... what can i do?

Thanks + greets,
rombo

Worth making sure you´re running a 32-bit color resolution instead of 16-bit. The dust shouldnt be much of a perfomance hit at all.

Also at the risk of sounding redundant, anyone new to this thread with performance issue should make sure to run GSC Sync and update to the exe from 30/03

32 bit color selected.

GPU usage in all parts of Interlagos GP is never more than 40% except for the start finish straight with the dust at the start. Then gpu usage spikes at 100% and framerate is cut by up to 75% ...

Latest sync installed, issue still persist. Also stutters during the whole first lap, restarting the race 5 or so times cures it.

The horrible slowdown and gpu hogging happens in replays as well, but only on starts with dust.

Confirm. Offroad dust as well as smoke from tires both comes with great FPS drop and overall game 'slowdown'. I always thought it's due to my pretty weak PC.
Intel Core2Quad @ 2.40GHz; nvidia GeForce GT220; only 2GB RAM

Checked my PLR file, settings as Alex suggested.
Try'd lowering different settings, found if I lower Shadows to Medium the stutter was all but gone in race, but was still noticeable in replay. Lowering Shadows to Low the stutter was gone from replay almost completely. With vsync on it would stay at a constant 60fps except when stutter was noticeable when it would drop into the mid 50's. All other settings to Full, Shadow Blur on.
All testing was done at Montreal with the V12, grid of 21 cars.
i5 2500k @ 4.20Ghz; 8 GB Ram; EVGA GTX770 SC 2GB; Win7 64bit; Single screen 1920 x 1080.

with the couple of posts i have in this thread about v1.15 introducing stutters (even when FPS show 60+) and FPS drops compared to the v1.10 on the same PC, same HDD, using same settings etc. i had tried all the suggested fixes in this thread to no success, and this evening i was swapping back and forward between versions comparing the FPS drops and stuttering and just generally trying to figure it out seeing as all settings were identical. i was testing at Taruma and a rFactor conversion track (Jerez, which has really high FPS) etc..... then i noticed my v1.10 had time scaled set to NONE whereas v1.15 was set to NORMAL (maybe by default??). so i changed that to NONE in v1.15 and tried a couple of the same tracks i had been testing and voila!! the two tracks i looked at so far had their FPS back up and no stuttering present whatsoever.... I am going to test a few more and will post my outcome.

perhaps you other guys with stutters should set time scale to NONE and see if that helps yours too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%