PC2 Youtube footage

IIRC, you can only choose classes which the AI will be allowed to use and it is not possible to select or exclude cars of a class. So if I set up a Indycar race and I want to race against both the dallara-hondas and the dallara-chevis, will the oval-versions be in the race as well?

The way it works (IIRC) is that the oval and road course versions are separate "classes". So if you use "same class" and you use the road course version, the AI will have both manufacturers of the road course version (similar when the player selects the oval version).

So there are some 'subclasses' the AI is restricted to? I really hope so, it would be a bit weird to race against both. Same with the normal versions and the le mans-spec versions of the 962c or the the Jag in Group C or the Vintage Touring Car and GT group. There is a 1952 Gullwing vs. the 1974 E-Type.

Just FYI, that is only for the IndyCars... IIRC, the low downforce versions of the older race cars will appear on non low downforce tracks. Just going off what I recall (and we aren't exactly sure what small tweaks will be in after the the WMD members stopped receiving builds and the actual release).

Okay, will keep that in mind. Not sure what to think of this though because this affects some other classes like the vintage open wheelers or GTO ('89 Audi 90 quattro IMSA with a '99 Lambo).

How do you believe this affects classes like the GTO and vintage open wheelers? It mainly affects classes like Group C and IndyCar where you have cars which were built for one specific track (or style of track in the case of IndyCar). I'm not sure how this affects something like GTO.

That was related to the different performances of the cars in these classes. For example in the Vintage Open Wheelers class there is the Lotus 98T that raced in 1986 and the Lotus Type 51 competing in 1967. In the Vintage Touring Car class a Nissan Fairlady (1973) would race with a Gullwing which is about 20 years older.

The younger cars are much faster I would guess, so racing against a grid of the cars from these classes would not be much of a challenge - if they are not BOPed by SMS. But balancing a Lotus Type 51 so that it can compete with a Lotus 98T would not seem right...

That was related to the different performances of the cars in these classes. For example in the Vintage Open Wheelers class there is the Lotus 98T that raced in 1986 and the Lotus Type 51 competing in 1967. In the Vintage Touring Car class a Nissan Fairlady (1973) would race with a Gullwing which is about 20 years older.

The younger cars are much faster I would guess, so racing against a grid of the cars from these classes would not be much of a challenge - if they are not BOPed by SMS. But balancing a Lotus Type 51 so that it can compete with a Lotus 98T would not seem right...

The vintage formula cars are not all in the same class (i.e. there isn't a single "vintage open wheel" class). Basically, the classes of cars (for the most part) will have cars of equal performance over a lap together. Now, that won't work on all tracks as you'll have cars that make their lap time in the corners and ones that make their time on the straights (so one might do better on a tight course while the other does better on a course with more straights)... however, it works well on most tracks.

If you look on the official forum, there is a thread titled " The FULL car list at launch Sept 22nd (all 197 cars)". It has the class breakdown in the first post.

The vintage formula cars are not all in the same class (i.e. there isn't a single "vintage open wheel" class). Basically, the classes of cars (for the most part) will have cars of equal performance over a lap together. Now, that won't work on all tracks as you'll have cars that make their lap time in the corners and ones that make their time on the straights (so one might do better on a tight course while the other does better on a course with more straights)... however, it works well on most tracks.

If you look on the official forum, there is a thread titled " The FULL car list at launch Sept 22nd (all 197 cars)". It has the class breakdown in the first post.

Found the thread you mentioned, that explains a lot, thank you! I thought there are no other classes but those listed at https://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-cars.html? .
SMS should really be glad to have people like you, who give information about PC2!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back