AC XMAS SPECIAL GT3 @ Kyalami - Wednesday 18 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Craig Dunkley Apologies Craig but I will have to sign out. Did Archery out in the cold yesterday and suffering from too much pain and too much morphine.

Have a great race everyone. Remember, it’s not a game!
Sorry guys, I wont make it, still at work.
***** can't join the race, because we have some snow storm today .and there is no electricity in my house...:(

Thanks for letting me know ..its a shame but such as life :thumbsup:

The start was a bit dodgy in the midfield, but eventually sorted itself out and became a great race for most, I had several good battles, but for sure IK was off pace :( but still had a lot of fun :thumbsup:

Congrads to the podiums, there was some great racing going on at the front, well deserved :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrads to every driver that finished this event ..I hope you all had some fun :thumbsup::thumbsup:

@RobertR1 great consistency mate you were so unlucky .. @Chris Down keeps his GT3 crown :thumbsup::thumbsup:

This race showed me how much I have to improve and how much I did. One year ago I would have been last, or at least lapped. This time I was less than 2 seconds from 10th place, middle of the pack. But I have a long way to be even faster. Truth to be told, I enjoy more racing now then I was at the beginning were I just wanted to be faster (poor me).
Glad to have raced you all and for all the tips you gave me. Hope to see you see soon :D
Thanks @Craig Dunkley and @JoelK for keeping AC alive.

@Reik Major how do you keep the R8 on track with that setup? :confused: :confused: I tried 2 laps in practice and oversteered like crazy.

Thanks for putting on tonight's race @Craig Dunkley , such a great combo - and to whoever gets the podiums, huge congrats :thumbsup:

May the flees of a thousand camels infect Playseat:mad:, I was really enjoying that.... then the 2 plastic swivel clips that hold the pedals to the main frame broke away - they got wobbly at the race start (so I guess one broke), then disappeared under the desk after a few laps:laugh: that was me done.

Please, pretty please, if anyone can send me a link to the replay so I can watch it in AC I'd be very grateful:inlove:

So, as we come into the Christmas break Sir Dunkley of Silverstone, from the heart of my bottom:p HUGE thanks for all your hard work mate, it's so much appreciated - hope you and yours have a fantastic Christmas:)

The same goes to all of the amazing people I've enjoyed racing with this year, thanks to you for the fair racing and great fun.. Have a wonderful Christmas.:)

Thanks for putting on tonight's race @Craig Dunkley , such a great combo - and to whoever gets the podiums, huge congrats :thumbsup:

May the flees of a thousand camels infect Playseat:mad:, I was really enjoying that.... then the 2 plastic swivel clips that hold the pedals to the main frame broke away - they got wobbly at the race start (so I guess one broke), then disappeared under the desk after a few laps:laugh: that was me done.

Please, pretty please, if anyone can send me a link to the replay so I can watch it in AC I'd be very grateful:inlove:

So, as we come into the Christmas break Sir Dunkley of Silverstone, from the heart of my bottom:p HUGE thanks for all your hard work mate, it's so much appreciated - hope you and yours have a fantastic Christmas:)

The same goes to all of the amazing people I've enjoyed racing with this year, thanks to you for the fair racing and great fun.. Have a wonderful Christmas.:)
Merry christmas to you also but will you not join us in the Holy Trinity this sunday?

Absolutely! @Craig Dunkley went through a lot of struggles this year, not just to put on events, but to keep things going with AC on RaceDepartment, and we all appreciate that. You definitely deserve a very merry Christmas :)

Phew, that was kindda hot in VR :confused:

@Enzo Fazzi, think we had an incident, not sure. Up front, sorry if the blame was on me, need to watch the replay.
@JoelK , rocket GTR, that was just crazy at the beginning half of the race, nice! Caught up to you later, but man that pull!
@Reik Major, last but not least: you made my race, great fight, twice! :thumbsup::inlove::thumbsup::inlove:

Grats podium! I can live with best of the rest :roflmao:

@Craig Dunkley, thanks for the time invested again, awesome race :thumbsup:

Enjoy the Holidays!

PS: did anyone at all change tyres during pit?? :p

Phew, that was kindda hot in VR :confused:

@Enzo Fazzi, think we had an incident, not sure. Up front, sorry if the blame was on me, need to watch the replay.
@JoelK , rocket GTR, that was just crazy at the beginning half of the race, nice! Caught up to you later, but man that pull!
@Reik Major, last but not least: you made my race, great fight, twice! :thumbsup::inlove::thumbsup::inlove:

Grats podium! I can live with best of the rest :roflmao:

@Craig Dunkley, thanks for the time invested again, awesome race :thumbsup:

Enjoy the Holidays!

PS: did anyone at all change tyres during pit?? :p
Twice actually, first lap T3 and another one later on. I think we both could've left some more room, so it's fine mate

Some really great times being set guys. @RobertR1 blistering mate, what pills have you been taking? :D I remember when we used to race each other haha.

I ran a 1:42 on Monday but just couldn't repeat it today. My brake pedal has zero feel, what pedals do people run, my Clubsport V2 are pretty old now and pretty dead.

I need find my pace again!

Thanks for all your kind words, it is appreciated. Honestly though without this I would give up, I like TV but can only stand so much of that. It is a pleasure being on the same track as some of you ..for those that do not know, I am stuck to a wheelchair and at times it is hard to move my brake leg, thanks to a very well know company, they designed and made some pedals for me, that was a huge help to me.

I hope you all have a great Xmas and new year and thanks to you all for making tonight's event a great one :thumbsup:

Some really great times being set guys. @RobertR1 blistering mate, what pills have you been taking? :D I remember when we used to race each other haha.

I ran a 1:42 on Monday but just couldn't repeat it today. My brake pedal has zero feel, what pedals do people run, my Clubsport V2 are pretty old now and pretty dead.

I need find my pace again!

Yeah @RobertR1 has come a long way in a short period of time :thumbsup:

I feel bad for anyone which race I ruin, so I had to check the replay (as uploaded by Chris). I also do not like to get tagged as a lesser racer (not that anyone says it here) without reason, so I need to clear this, also so we can learn from it. In the end, it doesn't matter much, but as I'm just joining your crew, I need this. Bear with me :redface:

In all 3 situations, looking through the glass of a steward, I find meself of least guilt in both incidents with Enzo, and 100% without guilt with the one with Matt.

Twice actually, first lap T3 and another one later on. I think we both could've left some more room, so it's fine mate

The one at T3 early on: I'm at your left with more than half a car way before the turn-in, I keep my line while you narrow it. Later on, I'm at the outside, turning in at the normal point before you get any part of your car beside me, so I turn into you as you dive in. In both cases, any of us could have avoided the situationen, but I can't blame meself. Great battles anyways bro!

Good race to end the year. @Tberg i think we touched, can’t remember what happened fully but I ended up in the gravel, that racing though. Had some good battles mid pack and back up to an 8th position finish. The AMG just didn’t have the legs on the GTR or 650 though.

Happy Christmas to all and top job again @Craig Dunkley

Matt, you were already off track, then reentering with little control, hitting me. I was almost a car-width further out than normal and it wasn't enough to avoid you, though I tried. I'm sorry you ended up in the gravel, but...you know :)
Have a Happy Christmas too!

Last edited:

I ran 1.41.3xx yesterday and couldn't repeat it either, just nerves I think :D
Btw, I have the CSP v2 set as well, and my throttle broke down last week, so just ordered all new sensors, magnets and a loadcell, as Fanatec still has them stock. Maybe check your oil in the brake, it might need change or refill? Happened to me before.

Sounds like an excuse for a new rig you ask me John!!
Haha, how I wish Matt! It's going to be zip ties and velcro for the foreseeable future, the UK pension doesn't figure in petrol heads :laugh:

On another note, from a year ago, to where you are now, racing with you is like one of those dreams when you're being chased down a corridor and can't escape, please stop:roflmao: :thumbsup:

This race was really to honor @Craig Dunkley and @JoelK for keeping AC alive and making every event inviting and fun. Tonight's full grid was a testament to your hard work and dedication.

As for the race, had some really clean racing with @Aksu who was driving with one hand and puking into the bucket with the other. I enjoyed that but I could see Chris getting too much breathing room so I made sure to put a block pass in to avoid any undercuts.

When I saw Chris pit a bit early, I was pretty confident he was getting gas only which meant I could just do flying laps since I went for tires and fuel @Tberg exactly at half way point.

AC physics got involved and robbed us both of a side by side battle but it was fun to be on a different strategy and just run down @Chris Down with time working against me. Major props Chris for making your strategy work.

It's a good track as it reminded of Sonoma back home I used to race on. Lots of elevation, blind corners, on/off camber. Some of the curbing seems excessively high and I'd be very surprised if it's like that in real life but once you know, you can work around it.

https://simresults.net/191219-Cs2 for anyone wanting to look at breakdowns. Sucks about your rig @Medilloni Christmas is the perfect time for a 8020 from Simlabs!

Happiest of holidays to everyone here whether they joined us or not. See you in 2020!

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Forum trophies