AC XMAS SPECIAL GT3 @ Kyalami - Wednesday 18 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I ran 1.41.3xx yesterday and couldn't repeat it either, just nerves I think :D
Btw, I have the CSP v2 set as well, and my throttle broke down last week, so just ordered all new sensors, magnets and a loadcell, as Fanatec still has them stock. Maybe check your oil in the brake, it might need change or refill? Happened to me before.

I replaced my load cell before. At the moment there is a lot of play in my brake pedal, then depending the setting on the loadcell its almost either on or off very switch like. The initial travel before anything happens is annoying too.

Is it a specific oil you need to use?

Some really great times being set guys. @RobertR1 blistering mate, what pills have you been taking? :D I remember when we used to race each other haha.

I ran a 1:42 on Monday but just couldn't repeat it today. My brake pedal has zero feel, what pedals do people run, my Clubsport V2 are pretty old now and pretty dead.

I need find my pace again!

I have the HE ultimate's but I think sprints and such will all work. I set mine up karting style with brake far left and use left foot braking on every car.

Sadly, you wont' get actual feel from any of them like real driving so the next best thing is consistency in pressure application and there's a *lot* that can do that well now. HE is probably the easiest to get your hands on.

I replaced my load cell before. At the moment there is a lot of play in my brake pedal, then depending the setting on the loadcell its almost either on or off very switch like. The initial travel before anything happens is annoying too.

Is it a specific oil you need to use?

I've just used the oil that Fanatec supplies, but any damper oil for RC cars could do I guess.

Sounds like it was an amazing race I am absolutely gutted that I couldn't be there with you all to see where I would place and more importantly just to race with my racing pals.

Thanks to everyone that helped me out with my questions during the year and for the words of encouragement, and to Joel for all the races he organised.

A huge special thanks to Craig as he has been so supportive of all of the new drivers with software queries, setup tips and devoting so much of his time to make sure we enjoy ours. Cheers Craig hope you have a great Christmas with your family (real and racing).

See you guys on Sunday with any luck.

@Reik Major how do you keep the R8 on track with that setup? :confused: :confused: I tried 2 laps in practice and oversteered like crazy.

I don't know mate. I like cars being very agil and I like the R8 itself. I drive it very gentle. It requires very careful inputs but would quickly do what I want if I take it a bit harder. I often use throttle and brake togehter to stabilice the car without thinking. I just like it.

However, I didn't have good mid turn grip and exit grip today, so I couldn't hold back @Tberg for long...

Anyways a very solid race, finishing T5.

Merry Christmas folks.

Matt, you were already off track, then reentering with little control, hitting me. I was almost a car-width further out than normal and it wasn't enough to avoid you, though I tried. I'm sorry you ended up in the gravel, but...you know :)
I was entering without control mate, couldn’t prevent it unfortunately. The pace kept me going towards the circuit. Apologies for the contact.

Last edited:
Haha, how I wish Matt! It's going to be zip ties and velcro for the foreseeable future, the UK pension doesn't figure in petrol heads :laugh:

On another note, from a year ago, to where you are now, racing with you is like one of those dreams when you're being chased down a corridor and can't escape, please stop:roflmao: :thumbsup:

Cheers bud, the lap times are there but for me I need to be far more consistent before coming competitive for higher positions in these GT3 races.
Its nice to know I’m in your dreams John!! :laugh:

I was entering without control mate, couldn’t prevent it unfortunately. The pace kept me going towards the circuit. Apologies for the contact.
Yes, and I don't blame you. I just wanted to clear that I did not send you to the gravel by mistake (or deliberate). I wasn't hurt by the contact, so no problem mate.

Thanks for putting on tonight's race @Craig Dunkley , such a great combo - and to whoever gets the podiums, huge congrats :thumbsup:

May the flees of a thousand camels infect Playseat:mad:, I was really enjoying that.... then the 2 plastic swivel clips that hold the pedals to the main frame broke away - they got wobbly at the race start (so I guess one broke), then disappeared under the desk after a few laps:laugh: that was me done.

Please, pretty please, if anyone can send me a link to the replay so I can watch it in AC I'd be very grateful:inlove:

So, as we come into the Christmas break Sir Dunkley of Silverstone, from the heart of my bottom:p HUGE thanks for all your hard work mate, it's so much appreciated - hope you and yours have a fantastic Christmas:)

The same goes to all of the amazing people I've enjoyed racing with this year, thanks to you for the fair racing and great fun.. Have a wonderful Christmas.:)

I was right behind you when suddently you felt like turning left into the wall. I thought "okay, glad I didn't pick the 650?", but it all makes sense now :roflmao::roflmao:

Yeah, it was fun and so many big names :confused:
Didn't know the track before, so I've expected to finish last ;) but seems it was P15 in the end..
And sorry @Chris Down for that dangerous situation while lapping, I have watched it in your replay :confused::redface: I just didn't know where to let you pass in a safe way.. this was definitely not. :thumbsdown:

Edit: Thanks @Reik Major for your setup, I have slightly adjusted it and it was pretty good :)

@Raresch Yeah man, you have improved pretty much since you have started racing here, great job man!

@Craig Dunkley Thank you for hosting all these races! Also thanks to @JoelK :thumbsup:
And also thanks to all drivers here for really good and clean racing :thumbsup:
I will probably never be amongst the top drivers because I have only a few hours per month time for simracing, but nevertheless, all races here are so much fun with you guys and I get to know so many awesome tracks :cool:

Next year, I will definitely drive at the real Nordschleife again, so if someone wants to join, give notice :D

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!

Yeah, it was fun and so many big names :confused:
Didn't know the track before, so I've expected to finish last ;) but seems it was P15 in the end..
And sorry @Chris Down for that dangerous situation while lapping, I have watched it in your replay :confused::redface: I just didn't know where to let you pass in a safe way.. this was definitely not. :thumbsdown:

Edit: Thanks @Reik Major for your setup, I have slightly adjusted it and it was pretty good :)

@Raresch Yeah man, you have improved pretty much since you have started racing here, great job man!

@Craig Dunkley Thank you for hosting all these races! Also thanks to @JoelK :thumbsup:
And also thanks to all drivers here for really good and clean racing :thumbsup:
I will probably never be amongst the top drivers because I have only a few hours per month time for simracing, but nevertheless, all races here are so much fun with you guys and I get to know so many awesome tracks :cool:

Next year, I will definitely drive at the real Nordschleife again, so if someone wants to join, give notice :D

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!

Enjoy the real Nordschleife, great fun. Just been careful, it can really spit you out. I've been a number of times and only twice thought it was game over lol....the last time really put me off returning.

Enjoy the real Nordschleife, great fun. Just been careful, it can really spit you out. I've been a number of times and only twice thought it was game over lol....the last time really put me off returning.

Yeah man, I know it doesn't forgive any mistakes.. While driving it this year, most "thrilling" situations did arise with other cars though.. So I will try to either be there at 8am or during the week, in the evening. And will rent a car at Ringfreaks next time ;)

Yeah man, I know it doesn't forgive any mistakes.. While driving it this year, most "thrilling" situations did arise with other cars though.. So I will try to either be there at 8am or during the week, in the evening. And will rent a car at Ringfreaks next time ;)

I used ring freaks the other year, great company gave me credit when the track was closed and I only got 1 lap in, so was able to finish my laps the day after.

Yeah It's always like that on track before your effectively racing......but this is where i goes wrong a lot of the time. Almost had a Civic Type R collect me when it was trying to hard and spun right in front of me, big bill when your in a rental.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back