Xenforo updated to version 1.1.1

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
We have upgraded the forum software to the latest avalable version. It will add some noticeable features and a lot of bug fixes.

If you have encountered new bug please report them here in this threads

Nope, those links cannot be fixed unfortunately. We have build this forum from scratch and imported all the threads and posts into the new forum.

The link structure is unfortunately different. Internal links will have to be manually changed by the people who posted them. Search engines etc like Google are already re-indexing the new structure.

This process will take a few weeks / months as there are quite a few :)

Google sometimes has some duplicates I noticed. The new url and the old one with the same title. We have created a 404 page to let those search engines know the page no longer exists. This should increase the results a bit better.

Once the re-indexation is done we can add google search again to the forum which still gives the best result to search on site:racedepartment.com as you already did :)

The old forum had a feature "bookmark forum". That was similar to "Watch thread" but for a whole forum (like the name implies ;-)). I liked it a lot and bookmarked the league forum I was active in, the Race07 Racing Club and some others. Of course, I can use bookmarks in my browser, but they are not independant of browser and location.

Maybe you can put it on your or the software supplier's TODO list. Anyways - thx for all your effort. :)

In vbulletin there was an option called "subscribe to this forum". Is that what you mean?

It was a hidden overlooked function, but a pretty cool one, but not yet supported by xenforo.

Instead they have chosen a more modern way of RSS feeds. On every forum row you will find a RSS icon that you can click and subscribe to.

In vbulletin there was an option called "subscribe to this forum". Is that what you mean?
Yes exactly.

It was a hidden overlooked function, but a pretty cool one, but not yet supported by xenforo.
I found it :) and it was really helpfull. I figured that xenforo does not have it (yet).

Instead they have chosen a more modern way of RSS feeds. On every forum row you will find a RSS icon that you can click and subscribe to.
Ah, OK. Nice as well, but that serves not the same purpose. I liked to have "bookmarks" and some indication of the latest activity without getting lost in many notifications. Maybe you can forward this "request" to the devs of xenforo and maybe one day it will be available ... ;)

Thx

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back