F1 2011 xbox 360, recomended wheels?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
apolegies if this has already been posted, but i was wondering if anyone could recomend a wheel, i am looking to spend up to £100 for a decent wheel, force feedback and whatnot would be nice. Any suggestions?
thanks

I know everybody slates them but how about a 2nd hand MS steering wheel?? Ive got a MS steering wheel and think its brill.

That said, if was to try a Fanatec or something im sure i would be sold. All my friends on another forum say the Fanatec is in a different league but along with that comes a high price tag.

Well a Fanatec wheel is about 200 pounds. So tobylive would have to more than double the budget to get a set from Fanatec.

The MS wheel isn't bad considering it was designed for a budget market, my biggest complaints are the pedals and the rim size. The pedals are horrendous so you will definitely need to bungee cord them. The wheel diameter is only 10in so it feels tiny compared to a Fanatec (12in) or event the DFGT (11in).

If you've never played with a wheel and are unsure whether or not you'll be interested in upgrading later on then the MS wheel is good buy (at that price).

If you're fairly certain you'll upgrade then just keep saving up and wait a little longer. I've found that when you buy something to "get by for now and upgrade later" it's just more painful than if you'd waited a little longer.

The MS wheel isn't bad considering it was designed for a budget market, my biggest complaints are the pedals and the rim size. The pedals are horrendous so you will definitely need to bungee cord them.

tell me more about this bungee cord thing you're talking about. I have an MS wheel and find the pedals difficult to get feedback from. There is not a lot of 'feel' to them.

I have read of ppl cutting up sponges and sticking them in the void btwn the back of the pedal and the base. I have also read of ppl cutting up raquet balls and putting them behind the pedals for more 'feel' as well. But i have not tried any of this yet.

You just have to wrap a cord from the bottom of the pedal plate around the pedal and attach it to the outside edge of the pedal plate. Make sure you use the shorter cords for the most resistance.

There is a big gap between
Madcatz Mc2 @ £40
Madcatz FFB wirelsss @ £180
Fanatec CSR with pedals @£270.
Some fast guys use the M/S wheel.
I took the view that I will eventually own a good wheel and went from #1 aboce to #3 above. Could not spend almost £200 on the Madcatz and went the little extra. Very happy. Tried out another Xbox game too called Race Pro and now with FFB its a physics revelation. Lacks the eye candy of Forza but the driving is unbelievable.

There is a big gap between
Madcatz Mc2 @ £40
Madcatz FFB wirelsss @ £180
Fanatec CSR with pedals @£270.
Some fast guys use the M/S wheel.
I took the view that I will eventually own a good wheel and went from #1 aboce to #3 above. Could not spend almost £200 on the Madcatz and went the little extra. Very happy. Tried out another Xbox game too called Race Pro and now with FFB its a physics revelation. Lacks the eye candy of Forza but the driving is unbelievable.
Apparently David the Madcatz FFB wheel is really overpriced for what it is. Not much rotation, clamps not very stable, wheel feels slightly cheap and the peddles are quite bad. I think this isn't the wheel to buy, even if you have the cash.

Yes thats the impression I had even before Simracetv did their review.
That wheel was originally a Saitek FFB wheel and was £60.00 back when a Logitec G25 was £200.
The marketing dept at Madcatz has too strong a coffee before they had their pricing meeting.
I reckon in 12 months it will be £100 (its fair market price based on relative features and performance) or not available.

I recently bought the Madcatz Wireless wheel for £90 from the gamestation site. Overall I think it's pretty good, pedals are reasonable, but not a massive amount of resistance from them. There is sometimes an issue with corner turn in not being as responsive, but I just altered my car setup a bit to compensate, can't really decide whether it's my wheel settings or a problem with that particular wheel. Doesn't bother me too much though.

It is solid and comes with a table clamp and leg rests, I use the leg rests myself, there is good grip but the rests themselves could be a better ergonomic design. The button and d pad layout is the same as a control pad. The paddleshifters have a good feel too. There is no force feedback though.

The only thing I have to compare it with is the Madcatz MC2, which imo felt like a kiddies wheel.

I recently bought the Madcatz Wireless wheel for £90 from the gamestation site. Overall I think it's pretty good, pedals are reasonable, but not a massive amount of resistance from them. There is sometimes an issue with corner turn in not being as responsive, but I just altered my car setup a bit to compensate, can't really decide whether it's my wheel settings or a problem with that particular wheel. Doesn't bother me too much though.

It is solid and comes with a table clamp and leg rests, I use the leg rests myself, there is good grip but the rests themselves could be a better ergonomic design. The button and d pad layout is the same as a control pad. The paddleshifters have a good feel too. There is no force feedback though.

The only thing I have to compare it with is the Madcatz MC2, which imo felt like a kiddies wheel.
The Madcatz MC2 is and has been used by quite a few very good racers and although it looks a bit kiddish it has proved very reliable and probably the best value for money. I have had mine for 15 months, had about 600+ hours of use and only this past week have I started having problems with my downshift paddle not working properly.

Echo above the MC2 is better than first glance may indicate.
The Xbox compatible Thrustmaster Ferrari wheel is just a wired non FFB wheel. So really just like an MC2 ony more expensive! I guess thats what "official licensing" costs.
If you are going wired and no ffb the MC2 is fine. If you want significantly improved experience then from there its the CSR in my personal view.

PS There are rumours that Logitech are working on a wheel equipped with a "whatnot".

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back