F1 2012 Xbox 360 Controller Advanced Settings (PC)

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
yeah hello I Play F1 2012 on the PC *thanks for modding XD*

the problem is that i have issues with the advanced wheelsettings for my XBOX 360 gamepad

has anyone a good setup for driving well with this gamepad?
would be very proud for any answers :)

greetings From Germany and good drive on the track :D

I use an xbox for windows controller but i found that the steering responsiveness was awful, and if i wanted full lock in an instant (e.g. monaco chicanes) then it would take almost a second for the game to turn the wheel.
I got over this by changing 'override input device type' to 'steering wheel' It makes the steering much more responsive but its really sensitive at first. but you get used to it after a couple of laps.

yeah hello I Play F1 2012 on the PC *thanks for modding XD*

the problem is that i have issues with the advanced wheelsettings for my XBOX 360 gamepad

has anyone a good setup for driving well with this gamepad?
would be very proud for any answers :)

greetings From Germany and good drive on the track :D
I sometimes are too lazy to connect my G25 to pc and i also use Xbox360 gamepad.
I have found that great steering deadzone is between 16-24% I at the moment use default 20% and i found it the best for me. that is only thing i chance.

EDIT: i also chanced the X-button to Gear UP and A-button to Gear Down.

I tried one of the advanced wheelsettings from 2011 RDforum posted by Christopher Woods and it works fine for me. Car is less twitchy in the straights.

Advanced wheelsettings
Steering Deadzone: 8%
Steering Saturation: 0%
Steering Linearity: 100%
Throttle Deadzone: 15%
Throttle Saturation: 8%
Brake Deadzone: 15%
Brake Saturation: 2%

Override input device - Gamepad

hmm well i try it out looks good this setting ^^

The DS3 tool can be finicky to get set up; took me quite a bit of trial and error when I first started. However, if you can connect your XBox 360 controller to your computer and use it as is, there's no need to use the DS3 tool program.

willjackson had an interesting comment about overriding the input type to a wheel to get full lock when you want it - I'll have to try that later.

I tried one of the advanced wheelsettings from 2011 RDforum posted by Christopher Woods and it works fine for me. Car is less twitchy in the straights.

Advanced wheelsettings

This is working great for me with the x360 controller thx !!!!!!

Advanced wheelsettings

Just tried this today with my PS3 controller on PC w/DS3 tool - works amazingly! Great corner control and less jittery on the straights.

Advanced wheelsettings

These are the pretty much the best settings for the xbox controller on pc. Thank goodness it is more or less the same as my F1 2011 settings!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back