Wtcc07, stcc2, stcc equal?

Does anyone know for sure whether the performance between wtcc 2007, 2006, stcc2, and stcc are compatible to run in a single championship? I race on another site also where we currently run a championship with 07 and 06 cars but I'm looking into the possibility of running more manufacturers for the next season... I have worked out the power to weight ratios of all the cars and they seem to be comparable between the above classes... Am I missing something such as tyre grip? Is it the same or do different classes run different spec tyres?

The other option is to run the ssr2000 mod which has updated and equalised cars but we are aiming to not use mods in our official championships if we can.

I have deliberately not named the other site so this post shouldn't contravene the rd rules.

Any advice or insight welcomed.

None of the cars in any expansion pack are 100% equal so there will be always little differences. However it still mostly depends on the skills of the driver of course.

So you should be good to go to mix them all up.

In RaceDepartment Club races we don't use the VW Sirocco from STCC2 or the Vauxhall Vectra from the Crowne Plaza addon in normal races as they have perceived advantages. Previous race staff have determined this, I've never run in them so I can't tell you if it's meaningful.

I run in the same league as Dave and yes we use weight penalties, we have two races each round and the weight penalties from race two carry forward to the first race of the next round. Any driver who doesn't race in that carries his penalty forward to his next race. We've found the weight only has an obvious affect on a few tracks EG; Monza

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back