RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Big apologies again to Neil Gardner in the 1st race, 1st lap, was concentrating so hard on the cars around me totally forgot there was a tight corner coming up and ran straight into the back of you, spearing you off. Felt bad as I,ve been fired off the last 2 events and know how pissed off I felt.
Apart from that a good night for me, in the 1st race after redressing went from 16th to 5th, then in 2nd race after a slow start caused by too higher 1st gear, went from about 8th up to 3rd, so my 1st podium. Tyres went right away after about 7 laps but the setup must be good as it still had balance.So apart from the prang, an enjoyable night, especially seeing as I didnt do a lap, till event practise.

Yeah, I lost connection too, then everyone else just disappeared off the track... I don't know if that had anything to do with the server, but I'm pretty sure it was my s-l-o-w internet connection... :( sorry about all that.

Don't think it was your slow connection , I had the same problem with everyone dissapearing then lost connection and my internet is very good, hopefully it was just a one off.

• Neil Gardner

Ok time for me to make some comments about the Racing Club expectations.
These are fun Racing Club events, not a serious League. Some of the behaviour tonight won't be tolerated in Leagues either, but what is happening to the friendly spirit of the Racing Club.
The event was heading downhill very early, with all of the aggro and arguements / complaints during Qualy. Followed by people complaining and quitting. Please read the Racing Club Rules, AGAIN. We have rules about chatting and guidelines for ways to handle grievances, use them. Let others concentrate on driving.

Very soon, these Oceania events will be open only to Premium members, and we will be monitoring Premium members, so lets get back to friendly and clean racing.

I'll post my race reports later. Fortunately, the behaviour during the races seemed better than Qualy, but we will review the replays.

Well, obviously the whinger during quali was me, and yep, I carried on too far, but what's the deal with racing against other drivers in quali??? I got out first... I stopped for the Red light at the end of the pit lane (and people nearly careered into me after I was well stopped) and then when it went green I had two very fast drivers right up behind me, racing... That's inconsiderate and illogical. Not only would I have compromised your laps, but you compromised your own. Then to top it off I got hit by one of these fast drivers. Sorry for the rant in chat, but most serious online races (and even casual races in private communities) stipulate that qualifying is about man, machine and track - not about racing other drivers.

Race 1: Well, got smashed in the first couple of corners but the driver did hold up and wait, and then apologised afterwards... It was a simple mistake and they happen. No hard feelings. Unfortunately it destroyed my car (Splitter, both front and back suspension had to be replaced) so from that point on I was just circulating in open space. Bleh.

Race 2: I made a little mistake and tapped the back of a Honda into turn one... Sorry about that - unfortunately under such heavy braking, any tap in the back is bad and off you went... I held up and waited for you to go past - hope there wasn't too much damage.

Then however a while later I was racing along and Ben T was following me and I locked up and slid into T1... I held the slide and was cleanly on the outside of the corner when Ben T hit me and punted me off while going for the gap. By that stage I was straight and on the track - I felt you should have waited under the rules (or preferably not hit me)... Timestamp 820 seconds in my replay)

And a while later I had Michael S behind me and he was catching me into the final turn but made a desperate move on the inside that was never there and lost control and speared me off into the wall... Again it cost me a splitter and suspension failure... Michael did stop but only to quit... (Timestamp 915 seconds)

I made the pits both times, did the repairs and finished the races.

Generally I felt that there was a cavalier attitude by some drivers tonight - Maybe it was the lag (It seemed ok for me but several others complained) because last week it was really good and clean racing.

Roll on next week.

Cheers - N

Then

• Darren Gardner

Name on rd forum-darren gardner
Name in game-darren gardner
Country-england.
Control-dfp
car-vectra or if i cant use that the leon plz let me know.
Special remarks;see you for practice at 7.15pm uk time, and have fun. ***

Hi,

First let me say thank you to Race Department for setting the race up.

I haven't raced online for awhile and haven't played the game much offline either, also I am getting used to the new Joypad I got.

I enjoyed myself today with the races.

Race 1: I messed up and got a stop and go for jumping the start :embarassed:, as I forgot it works a bit different to when offline, when using the auto gear box, and also my setup wasn't that good, so I ended up quitting back to the pits.

Race 2: Had a good start kept up for the first half of the lap then started to drop behind and completed the race, last (someone has to be last).

Sorry if I got in anyones way, I tried to keep out the way of the leaders when being lapped, think maybe a bit too much by taking to the grass.

fbmwnight.jpg

Class: Formula BMW
Tracks: 3 default tracks
Start: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 10 minutes
Qualification: 10 minutes
Races: 2 x 5 laps
Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #FBMW
Password: click here

Please state if you will use a NGP skin.
Skin Pack here: FBMW_NationsGP.rar - FileFront.com

1. Ben Tusting - Portugal Skin
2. David Lemon
3. Karoly Kajdy
4. Andrew Evans - Wales Skin
5. Patrick Duivelaar
6. Oliver Amos
7. James Yates - England Skin
8. Neil Gault
9. Laurance Lemon
10. Lewis Fergusson - Wales Skin
11. Daniel Plaikner - Italy Skin