RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Name on RD forum: Grant Powell
Name in game: Grant Powell
Your Country: England
Control: Logitech FF
Car: Seat Leon
Special remarks: Gotta help get the numbers up :) , happy to step aside

Will be using this skin.

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Attachments

• 29283.jpg
    29283.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 173
About the real names thing...

Cam, Warren and others that are above me in the "hierarchy" :wink:, I just want to let you all know that this will be my last race as holdenss06. After this race I will ask RaceDepartment to change my RD name to my real name. Also, you might observe me suddenly disappearing into the garage when the race starts, this is because the game might not have been fully synchronised for me, due to my internet connection being really slow. If this happens (which I hope and pray it won't) I will still be able to watch the race. It's sure to be a cracker!

Thanks, holdenss06 (soon to be Rhys Gardiner) :thumb:

no problems at that point, i'd actually snatched a gear too many on the down shift the corner before and lost the backend a little so i was fighting to get car under control. the only time you made a bad mistake i also made one. lol:pound:
Hehe, almost everytime i looked back after making a misstake/going too fast out of the turns, you seemed to follow me :p But it was really fun racing with you Keith! :D

Oh dear i also lost connection after going off at one of the corners i thought a couple of players where lagging then i started getting blue flags and nothing was there then connection lost was the result.

Also whats with the pits on this track it tells me to go left yet i have to go right otherwise i go looking for the fields and i was behind the pits under a canopy :)

Qualified my usual terrible 3rd from last but made some places at the beginning due to some ofs and others going wide and managed to get upto 9th at one point and could actually see 6,7,8 and was making some progress until i got a little excited and missed my braking point and went into the litter and the wall resulting in suspension damage.

I had a very nice battle with Gunther when he got me at the slow 2nd gear corner but quickly clawed back pressured and got the place back:), also had a tussle with Wally and managed to get another place and was running 11th until i went off again at the same place grrrrr and lost connedction :(

Overall i was happy with my performance and was actually making some progress today which is a first for me just need to stay focused and not make silly mistakes and the racing was excellent with no bangs up the rear or the alike and now look forward to Road America this evening.

• Neil Gardner

Well, I got absolutely nailed in both races and lost splitter and broke suspension and had to pit. There were some VERY dodgy moves in the race from drivers racing for position. Even if you're faster, you can't assume the car in front is going to give you the place... That cost me any chance of a good race in the second...

Grant I think it was in the first just had brain fade and apologised - that's cool.

But I saw some very average driving tonight... Last week was MUCH MUCH cleaner.

Cheers - N

Well, that was horrible. The Alfa was just a bucket of understeering sludge. I had to take the long corners quite slowly and then at a certain speed the car would just snap into oversteer. I tried playing around with preload and coast, and brake bias, but maybe the only cure for the Alfa is not to drive it. I was a bit alarmed to see I was in the only Alfa on the grid ;)

This track felt a bit off to me. It was like driving on ice. Maybe the grip levels are wrong on the track. And the lag is offputting - the cars in front of me are quite jerky which makes it hard to get a smooth rhythm going. Are any other Aussies seeing that?

Oh bugger, in race 2 I was going sort of alright, but on lap 5 Warren clipped the grass in front of me and nearly spun, and in narrowly avoiding him I got the wobbles and hit a tyre wall. A puncture and suspension damage meant race over.

Neil - in the second race I tagged you, which in turn caused you to spin. As per the rules I waited for you to pass me before I re-entered the race. Sorry for the tag but things happen. I went from 6th to 16th in the first corner due to being hit heavily from behind, but its no biggie! Frustrating as hell, but it happens.

I have to say that the lag was huge and from my point of view your car was jumping all over the place. Very difficult to be clean whilst that happens.

Everyone - On a slightly different note, there was a huge amount of chat tonight from various people. Let's make an effort to keep chat to a minimum during qualify and post race until ALL racers have finished.

Thanks all, a very mixed night for me tonight with a PB third in race one... Race report from me tomorrow.

For my first race in the BMW E90 it was a real learning curve with only a little practice with Neil last night and maybe 15 laps in a Honda. I learnt a lot about setups on the E90's, very different than the rest of the WTCC's. got up to 9th from 16th in race one but slow dropped back due to my Right Foot... Up to 7th or 8th in race too but one off then got hit getting back on track (my bad) then hard suspension issues for the rest of the race...

Still will stick with the E90 for now...

Qualy: Pretty poor with a 1:54:225 - couldn't get faster whatever i tried so i ended up quite far down.

Race 1: Got a poor start as the revs just dropped away despite having full throttle on and this meant i didn't make up many places into the first corner. Got a decent run out of the first corner and this allowed me to get past a few people and thanks to a few first lap incidents i moved up to 5th behind Yves Larose. For about half of the race i tried hard to catch up with him but i wasn't able to drive as fast as i could as most of the time i was looking behind trying to see where Karoly Kajdy was as he was very close throughout the race. Unfortunately Yves made a mistake and spun coming out of the 2nd to last corner and this moved me up into 4th. Now Karoly really started to attack and eventually past me on lap 10. I tried hard to get back past but i couldn't quite do it as he was always good on the brakes. On the last lap i saw an opening into the right hairpin and i ended up tapping the back of his car. I backed off a little and let him pull away by about a second but he spun on the next corner. This gave me 4th place right at the end of the race.

Race 2: Starting in 5th i made a good start and was in 3rd going into the first corner. However, i was right in the middle of Ben and Michael so i decided to back off to give us all enough room, this was a bad decision as it allowed the next 4 cars past aswell. I passed Ben into the next corner and then moved up to 3rd thanks to other incidents. Michael was about 5 seconds infront but he made a few mistakes and i drove some quick laps to catch up. Beat my qualifying lap by a second with a 1:53:2xx and this put me right behind Michael who then made a mistake coming out of the first corner letting me and Grant past. For the rest of the race me and Grant had a good battle with him trying everything in the book to try and overtake, and many times nearly succeeding but after lap 9 his pace started to drop off because of tyre wear and i pulled away by about 3.5 seconds. On the last lap Ludwig made a few mistakes which i thought may gift me first place, but it was not to be and i finished in 2nd place after a great battle with Grant.

Ok time for me to make some comments about the Racing Club expectations.
These are fun Racing Club events, not a serious League. Some of the behaviour tonight won't be tolerated in Leagues either, but what is happening to the friendly spirit of the Racing Club.
The event was heading downhill very early, with all of the aggro and arguements / complaints during Qualy. Followed by people complaining and quitting. Please read the Racing Club Rules, AGAIN. We have rules about chatting and guidelines for ways to handle grievances, use them. Let others concentrate on driving.

Very soon, these Oceania events will be open only to Premium members, and we will be monitoring Premium members, so lets get back to friendly and clean racing.

I'll post my race reports later. Fortunately, the behaviour during the races seemed better than Qualy, but we will review the replays.

Yeah, I lost connection too, then everyone else just disappeared off the track... I don't know if that had anything to do with the server, but I'm pretty sure it was my s-l-o-w internet connection... :( sorry about all that.

Thanks, holdenss06 (soon to be Rhys Gardiner)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes