Bugbear Entertainment have made available their third DLC offering for Wreckfest - the 'Backwood Bangers' car pack.
Containing three brand new cars to the impressive smash and crash racing game, the Backwood Bangers DLC contains a nice collection of very, very different types of racing machine for the game. From the classic American Hot Rod style Outlaw, to what is essentially a toilet on a golf kart in the form of the Honey Pot - the Backwood Bangers DLC certainly keeps up the quirky traditions of the game.
Available either as part of the current Season Pass offer from Bugbear, or as a standalone car pack for £3.29, the new DLC is available to purchase now.
Aside from the new DLC pack, Wreckfest have also released a rather nice looking new update to the game - including adding two new circuits in the form of the Drytown Desert and Rockfield Roughspot, a rallycross and dirt speedway respectively.
- Added two new tracks: Drytown Desert and Rockfield Roughspot.
- Optimized loading times.
- Added Steam Achievements. Except for "Rocketeer" (Reach 210 Km/h (130 Mph) With Rocket), already achieved ones will unlock retrospectively upon launching the game.
- Added support for Steam Cloud. Note that the game's save data is now located in "Documents/My Games/wreckfest" (old save data will be copied over in the first-time launch).
- Improved mesh particle culling, improving framerate especially in events featuring large vehicles.
- Glow particles no longer appear completely white.
- Added a third damage mode that some have been requesting: "Intense". This is same as the "Realistic" mode with which the console versions launched, in other words, "Realistic" with attacker's advantage enabled.
- Added an AI Set for Limo.
- Added Big Rig and Limo to the "Special Mix" AI Set.
- Increased Wingman strength.
- Reduced Limo strength slightly.
- Taking the loop on "Deathloop" no longer causes damage to the car.
- Improved Honey Pot panel damage so that panels get detached correctly.
- Wheels no longer clip the fenders of Venom as easily.
- Wheels no longer clip the fenders of Outlaw as easily.
- Lawnmower and other small vehicles are no longer invincible against small to medium nudges.
- Improved AI raceline on various tracks.
- Added improved iconography to the garage user interface.
- Added new, unique icons for armor and visual upgrade parts.
- Added upgrade tier icons for performance parts.
- In career heat races, event specific loading screen is now displayed also between the heats.
- In custom events, the correct AI Set is now displayed after changing the vehicle.
- HUD can no longer appear in the main menu after being disconnected from an online session.
- Health bar no longer appears full when the player has 1 health point left.
- Improved local car prediction precision to reduce input lag.
- Increased maximum allowed prediction time for remote cars to reduce warping with high latency.
- In lobby, the server name no longer overlaps the track name at the top.
- Lobby options are no longer incorrectly grayed out in case the user is in the Tune screen when a track change occurs.
- Idling during an online event no longer results in the player being kicked from the server.
- Added back the "Add Bot" button to lobby.
- Collision effects are more crunchy now.
- In-game modding tools now work again.
- Modifying minimap settings (bag filetype "mise") no longer trickers anti-tamper protection.
Wreckfest is available for PC and console now.
For more smashing fun, head over to the RaceDepartment Wreckfest sub forum, and don't forget to check out the awesome RD Wreckfest Racing Club for some contact filled and laugh out loud online racing activity!
Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!