WRC9 WRC 9 | Back To Japan Gameplay Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
KT Racing and NACON have released a brand new gameplay trailer from WRC 9, showcasing the returning Rally Japan within the upcoming simulation.
  • Rally Japan returns for the first time since 2011.
  • WRC 9 is scheduled to release September 3rd.
  • Official videogame of the 2020 FIA World Rally Championship.

WRC 9 | First thoughts on gameplay footage: Click Here.

The official World Rally Championship videogame for 2020 is right around the corner (ok, a month away, but you get my drift), and in order to help the community get a better understanding of what to expect from WRC 9, the development team from behind the new title have released another new gameplay trailer - showing off the returning Rally Japan venue.

Set in the mountains and forests of the Aichi and Gifu districts, Rally Japan is a difficult and high speed asphalt event, and should (hopefully) make its return to the World Rally Championship this season after a nine year hiatus. Forming part of the default offering of WRC, Rally Japan joins the returning Kenya, and the new for this season New Zealand, alongside the remaining events from the originally scheduled 2020 calendar.

You can check out the new Rally Japan gameplay trailer here:

WRC 9 is set to feature no less than 50 official teams and liveries across the main WRC series and the supporting WRC 2, WRC 3 and JWRC, as well as over 15 'bonus' cars from the history of the championship. Alongside this, new gameplay formats are planned for the latest release, plus of course the official events from the original 2020 schedule.

WRC9_Screenshots_1_New_Zealand_Hyundai_2_4K.jpg

WRC 9 will release on Xbox One, PS4, PC this September 3rd.

Want to know more about this new game? No worries, check out the WRC 9 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to engage with your fellow sim racing fans.

WRC9_Screenshots_1_New_Zealand_Ford_1_4K.jpg

Last edited:
I find it funny that people complain about rally games feeling floaty and being hovercraft simulators, but at the same time often sing praises for RBR, which felt very floaty even without the "community physics improvements", which make it even more so.

Rose-tinted glasses are an amazing thing.

I mean RBR was great back in the day, and even today, it's fun to drive (though the sound engine in particular hasn't aged well), but yeah, it's certainly not the ideal of perfection many would make you believe.

Hopefully Kylotonn nails it with WRC 11 in 2022 before Codemasters wrecks the whole series totally with their horrible FFB, Non existent Road-feel and bland stage design !

What I do like about Dirt Rally is the Co Driver but that's about it !

Last edited:
Unfortunately the camera setting remains unchanged from WRC8.

No, it seems like they changed the FOV (thankfully!). In WRC 8, if you change the FOV, only the outside world is affected, the interior of the car is shown with a fixed FOV, resulting in a very oddly feeling view. Here, in the video, it seems that the cockpit FOV changes along with the outside, as it should.

So that's great news. They still seem to be using arbitrary numbers for the settings and possibly a somewhat limited range, but I'll take this over the WRC 8 weirdness that made it almost impossible to use the cockpit view for me with my fairly narrow FOV.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back