Worst F1 liveries

It takes a special kind of idiot to screw up a two tone paint scheme
066_DPPI_00215001_099.jpg

It was an F U! to the FIA who wouldn't let them run two different liveries in the one team, so they combined the two on the cars.

That's a weird way to write "yes!" My Datsun for rF2 club racing...
Datsun510s.48.jpg

But on worst F1 liveries... I know it was for charity, but ugly. Yes.
Mark_Webber_2007_Britain_2.jpg

I also dislike much of the liveries in different kind of racing today, as much seems to be "white with logos on". Then again, this was bad. There were less bad versions of that livery the same year.
Capelli_portugal_AGS86.jpg

There were reasons for it, but white with stuff on... With no sponsors they could've gone the historic Sauber-colors way, but no...
800px-Sauber_Bahrain_2010.jpg

Dark green and Martini isn't pretty either!
ahwv0.jpg

Also, while I kinda liked the bit eccentric Benetton liveries... This was too much.
tumblr_l6worwg5nJ1qbm0mn.jpg

A bonus McLaren... It just didn't work with that color combo & design.
UDmkf.jpg

6npqu.jpg

This car was formed by Honda and they pulled out. Ros Brawn and another person saved the team. It took Jenson Button to world championship. But ugly as it was plain and under sponsored. Making it look like it bellonged on the back of the grid. But deals where made at the last minuete. The only car i can think of with no logos on the sidepod.

This car was formed by Honda and they pulled out. Ros Brawn and another person saved the team. It took Jenson Button to world championship. But ugly as it was plain and under sponsored. Making it look like it bellonged on the back of the grid. But deals where made at the last minuete. The only car i can think of with no logos on the sidepod.
The McLaren MP4-30 (all versions) had featureless sidepods. I personally felt it looked a bit dull once it changed from silver to black.

Last edited:
.... The only car i can think of with no logos on the sidepod.
I actually like that. To my eyes all cars in all pro series today are so festooned with logos and decals and icons that they look too "busy"; who actually pays attention to all that anyway, especially when the car is moving. I wouldn't complain at all if they returned to just paint schemes and numbers; in F1 even to national colors, British green, Italian red, French blue, Spanish yellow, German silver, US white and blue, Japan white and red, etc.

Not F1... but used to run a car in GrassTrack racing which was red on left side and black on the right. Used to confuse the race commentator when a red car would disappear into the dust, and a black car would emerge from the other side.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back