Tracks (WIP) Nashville Street Circuit

music-city-grand-prix.png

Welcome to the WIP thread of the Nashville Street Circuit.

I started in the AC support/modding community barely at the beginning of the year and so far I've made a bunch of add-ons for Assetto Corsa, such as the RSS Formula Hybrid add-ons or liveries for both Indycars (RSS and VRC). I can recognize that I've gained a lot of skill in these RSS FH add-ons and many of them have been improved along the time. Now I've decided to face something bigger than any of those add-ons. I will try to make a track from 0, with no external program like Race Builder. This is a very complicated and hard project for me since I never did a track or didn't have any knowledge, but I'll try to do my best. The track will cost 0€ so the whole community could enjoy it. I'd like to remember that this is not a job, but a hobby I like, so I just will have my sporadic free time to do this.

This track is very hard since it's not a typical fixed track, but an urban track, thus the logistic organisation is just visible the weeks before and during the race. I mean, I don't have any satelital image of the track. Consider that some parts of the Nissan Stadium parking was remodeled for the track and I don't have any detailed image of the paddock. The only and most recent Nashville satelital image that I've found is the one taken from the ISS a week after the race, but doesn't have great quality.

In case you don't know, I made the layout of this track a month ago, as a some kind of testing about what I was capable to do. I was familiarizing with the enviroment of creating a track.

If anyone is interested to join and help with textures or 3d modeling, is absolutely welcomed (and of course, I will absolutely credit it)

What to expect in this project?

- LiDAR and real elevation data
- Two layouts

• Indycar and GT America layout (main priority) 20 pits​
• Short configuration north (parking stadium, second priority) 20 pits​

Also I'vebeen sugested to do one more regarding the west side of the city (as the original layout is not very welcomed for racing fans), but it won't be high priority at the moment.
- My first priorities will be: Road (the north side of the river first), walls and fences, gates, tyre walls, the bridge and the parking. After those, I will try to end the buildings surrounding the enviroment such as the stadium, hotel, etc...)
- Patient. Remember I'm barely beginning in AC modding so I still have many questions. Thus I don't know when it's gonna be finished, but it would be very optimistc to say this year.

Teasers:
1630964880450.png
1630964889712.png

I will post more images in the comments in the development course

1631050357000.png

This is taking shape, plenty of buildings and roads to be created yet. I used Blender GIS for the first time. I've also made the stadium (not finished yet) and the bridge which is the same I used for the concept layout (I still have to remodel it). The colours in some materials are just for decoration purposes.

EDIT: The parking suffered a remodelation this year regarding the track layout turn 1 and there was a reasphalted zone (the dark asphalt) that I will absolutely include.

Last edited:
Keep up great work. We all appreciate ! Any progress ?
I tried to finish the whole road mesh, but I barely have time to test it in-game. Also I put the whole fence layout around that road mesh. I also had to remade few things. Adding that I have barely time for this, I'm doing what I can. But this is not dead.

1633165373627.png

1633165289729.png

1633165543122.png

Those images does not represent the final product.

Last edited:
This is looking great. I can test the track to look for bugs. Would like to help but my 3d skills are close to none. Still if you could tell me how I could help I'll. I'm an Indy fan and this would complete whole season.

This is looking great. I can test the track to look for bugs. Would like to help but my 3d skills are close to none. Still if you could tell me how I could help I'll. I'm an Indy fan and this would complete whole season.

I will release a kind of 'alpha' version soon with only the walls and the road so this way everyone can test it and feel how it goes. This is because if I have to change something in the road mesh, I should remake the whole fence layout, and that's painful job (and has already happened).

Last edited:
Looking nice, cant wait for the finished product. I hope its as good as I'm imagining!
Well, don't expect a high quality track as any other from any studio modding (not talking about those convertions from other games) This is purely made by me from scratch and just by me and only me and my knowledge as a hobby. I will do as max as I can and will update it to be good quality :)

Commented on another thread for this. I have the laser-scan data coming soon from Music City GP for a project I'm involved in. I would love to chat and talk methodology. So far I am working from GIS data to bring the area of the city that the race was held in into blender.

I will release a kind of 'alpha' version soon with only the walls and the road so this way everyone can test it and feel how it goes. This is because if I have to change something in the road mesh, I should remake the whole fence layout, and that's painful job (and has already happened).
I would like to help rebuild the fence layout, if you can connect with me. I too have gone the BlenderGIS route, but my buildings are floating above the elevation and I am not a blender expert so trying to find tools to correct this has been challenging.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back