WIP WIP (maybe!) UK Peak District track.

A fictional road track based on real public roads in the Derbyshire Peaks, it's about 8 miles long (I think), based on an article in Motorsport magazine about a never-realised proposal from the 1950s to build a Dundrod/Isle of Man TT style open road track around the village of Monyash.
It's something I built mostly for my own interest to begin with, just to see what it would've been like, but I've fleshed it out with the generic scenery tools to give it a driveable feel. If I get the time I might try and do some custom buildings for it, although since it's mostly open country there don't need to be too many. There's no AI or anything too advanced yet, but it's still good fun to have a blast round:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's an onboard in a 908:

Looks great & it's the stile of track that I love the most!
Building AIW's on a course made from multiple roads can be a bit of a pain....
If you'd like a hand or wish to share your project file then I'd be more than happy to knock one up for you one evening- I've developed a bit of a 'knack' for doing these particular ones within BTB..
Best of luck with your build, I very much look forward to seeing more of this soon!

I have the route here.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5797533
It says that the circuit is almost 12 miles long.

From your video, I think you should put buildings around Monyash itself (don't worry too much about custom buildings).
I would like to offer myself to help with the AI, but I may not be the best person for the job.

Is it possible to lay down a closed track over the multiple tracks using ctrl m to merge those nodes? then you could build the aiw file and save it before you delete the closed track.

Thats one way....
Another, if you plan ahead & manage to lay the road mesh all in the desired direction, is to append the tracks in order that you wish to drive & the end of the previous one will automatically join the start of the new one...
If a road joins part way along another forming at intersection, the AIW immediately leaves from that 'pin' & goes in a direct line to the start of the next one even if it's half way across the page, then you delete 'pins' back to the intersection...
If the path turns off before the road ends delete pins back to that point & append again...
When you get back to where you started there will always be a gap though...
Best fix here is to stagger the ends on a straight-ish section with a gap no smaller than1/4 to 1/8 of a panel....
Move gates necessary but while 'connected' to the line...
Another, if it's not to large, is to just grab an end pin & place it then start Ctrl+left click new ones....
This is good for short sections where the road mesh runs in the 'wrong' direction to append in the correct direction.
Be sure to start creating 'pins' from center out by halves to keep things from going all 'wonky'.
Eventually nail the Center line to the center of road mesh evenly at least ever 2 or 3 panel lengths, with fast path you don't always need 'pins' to be created for say sweepers for example but you need to start creating the again gradually to keep the fast path getting kinks in it....
These are some of the things Ive worked out so far...
I wish there was an AIW tool that could allow me/us to build an AIW file to finished/exported tracks like we do in BTB, there's less options but its possible to tweak a line to perfection (lol) without altering the whole path unless your able to work out Guitarmans Editor in which case; Could I have some help please?:roflmao:

Hi everyone, thanks for the feedback, I've got a week off now so I might be able to try some of the suggestions for the AIW.
In the meantime I've put an unpacked exported version of the track on filefactory, I'll put the link up in a moment.

I have the route here.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5797533
It says that the circuit is almost 12 miles long.

From your video, I think you should put buildings around Monyash itself (don't worry too much about custom buildings).
I would like to offer myself to help with the AI, but I may not be the best person for the job.

Yes there's a long sightline down the hill even though the track doesn't run into the village so it looks a bit bare at the moment.
The 'shortcut' is my own design based on how the contours and fields look on the map, in the original article there was just a straight line which seemed a bit dull.

I checked Track Distance in the AIW, it says 18756.18 (meters) or 18.75km's/11.65miles
Im currently running 200000 as the Fuel Usage figure & while it's not correct it is a lot better than BTB's default setting...
Very much enjoying this track I must say!
I look forward to seeing the finished version;)

Gday AJB,
I took a look at & fixed up an AIW for Monyash TT you were working on some time ago...
Im wondering if your still working on it or is it now a dead project?
I love the circuit, even though its not finished & would like to include it in the 'Race Season' list of mod (Sidecars v2) update Im about to release...
Would you mind if I finish the track off please?
I still have the build files you sent me some time ago...
Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.
All the best,
BLeeK(ii)

Excellent. Maybe just maybe the Isle of Man TT circuit could be done by you skilled track modders?

Now that would be a challenge. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back