Cars WIP fantasy car - Joga-001

I've been working on a little something to learn how to model, it's something that's always interested me and the lucky people over at the Jimmy Broadbent discord have had their fun laughing at my constant struggle to figure out what a chamfer is, so why not spread the joy :p

The car is loosely based on IMSA/GroupC cars with some more bells and whistles, it should produce around 750-800bhp stock with the ability to turn the boost up for qualifying, the physics are done by @Mirta27 (Cordosyl) and I've had a lot of help from the master himself @garyjpaterson on the model side and learning how to get it ingame.

(latest video I have but it's been updated quite a bit since then)

Model has come a long way since I first saw it, guessing the mesh flow has improved a bit since this?

unknown.png

Post some wireframes :p

800 hp on low settings... sounds like a worthy opponent to my Lotus ;) Cool looking, tho with those overhangs I would not send it up anything too steep :p
What are your ideas engine wise? Small and rev happy or V16 diesel?

@AccAkut engine wise there isn't a lot of space between the driver and rear axle so I was thinking something like a turbocharged flat6, sounds good and everyone loves excessive turbo lag :D

reminds me of the El Nino from Need for Speed, also speedwise...seems a little too fast :D

engine wise I doubt a flat-6 would fit anywhere in front of the rear axle (driver compartement in the way) or behind it (diffusor tunnel). Would could fit is a V6/V8 in transversal layout

maybe something akin to the BTCC Mondeo V6, with the driveshafts running through the V? Low CoG fits a prototype too
1698-old_2009-01-12-btcc_mondeo.jpg

dscf1008.jpg

sorry but for me even fantasy cars need to be technically feasible :roflmao::roflmao:

The physics still need quite a lot of balancing and work :p but hopefully a sub 6 nurburgring time is what I'm hoping for

I'm giving it the aggressive aero to fit the physics and engine wise, I could move the cockpit forward a bit but I just don't have those sort of skills :( so yeah maybe the only thing to do is change the engine

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back