WIP WIP Circuito de Vila do Conde

Ok guys, I race with rFactor.
Lately I started using BTB to play around with tracks.
I've made some fantasy ones.
Now, this time I'm starting a real circuit. Its the Vila do Conde Circuit. This was a urban circuit with great history in Portugal's motorsport.
These days they do the classics revival sometimes.
Im planning to do the 70's version of the track.
I leave nearby the «track» 3 kms. So I´m planning to take photos of the textures and moddeling the objects with Sketchup 7 pro.
But I'm gonna need help with some issues I've got.
I'll post what I have soon.
Cheers guys.

When you use Sketch Up 7 Pro, it may be possible you also need Sketchup 6.0 to export the files into BTB.
Yes you have to use Sketchup 6 to export. I think I still have the install file for sketchup 6 somewhere. The problem with Sketchup 7 and 7.1 is that they have changed the way they export the DAE file. I couldn't understand it until I opened the DAE files with wordpad and could see that the programming syntax seemed to be changed.

Im not sure if the install for SU6 is with the other temporary XPack downloads, if not I have it here & can get it uploaded somewhere for others to use too...

Ok guys.
I've tried to import some of the objects I've made with Sketchup7 pro. And it seem to work.
I've exported them as 3ds.
I'm having some doubts on the process, which I'll post here when time comes, because I'm trying to keep an organize flow for a change lol!
So for now I'm concentrated in get as many photos of the track in the 70's era, and with that build my 3d objects, to really capture the atmosphere of that time.
You see the track layout its still there, but most of the building wheren't there in the 70's.
Also the horizont changed a bit.
So, here's what I've got so far:
screenvila1.jpg

By dcid at 2012-06-17

screenbandeiras.png

By dcid at 2012-06-17

fardosdepalha.png

By dcid at 2012-06-17

screenrails.jpg

By dcid at 2012-06-17

screenfarol.png

By dcid at 2012-06-14

screenigrejajardim.jpg

By dcid at 2012-06-13

screenliberais.png

By dcid at 2012-06-13

Thank you guys.

Objects are looking good. Just watch out for the "S do Jardim" section on BTB. Track width is very tricky there and we ended up making it in 3DMax.

PLUS make sure your background image is taken before the reconstruction of the main straight as it is 100% different from the time there were races.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back