Windows10 (1903 b.18356.1)

Anyone get update ........ Microsoft - Holographic 10.0.18362.1024

I went to download copy in Microsoft Update Catalog but it's not there

Search ........Microsoft - Holographic 10.0.18362.1024 any which way everything comes up blank

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Downloading one right now, interesting.

Let us know if you notice any improvements or additional features with this new driver. I went to have a look but I can't use it at the moment as I'm still on Windows1803.

There is also new cumulative for 1809 users
I swapped it out with fresh OS and so far has not downloaded again
I think my problem with double downloads is a AVG tuneup setting causes it

fresh-1809.jpg

Any of you guys using the Lenovo Explorer WMR headset on this latest version of Windows 10?
I loved 18356.1 but had to revert because my headset never had an image after that install.
All I ever got was a black screen with a cursor and the newest drivers made no difference.
As soon as I rolled back to 1809, it started working again.
Hopefully somebody here will report otherwise.

No issues with 1809, not getting me in that whole preview mess :geek:

Do fresh 1809 offline then install updates manually then there is no chance
of a update being caught out by a restart or shutdown cycle

Weird one again.......

Updated media tool to latest 1809 ( I wish I knew they updated it before now ) lol

Manually installed all other updates ... malware scan, 2 intel drivers, logitech, mediatek usb, cmedia, hololense nvidia etc

When I ran update were now only 3 the updates you see here....

fresh-1809-updates.jpg

So I clicked on them and downloaded from catalog

did a fresh 1809 but when I manually installed the same 3 updates I got a error " these are not for your operating system" ...lol

Double checked I had downloaded the right versions then I noticed the download link ( the blue ones) they had different KB numbers.... must be catalog error

So had to let windows install them again still cleanest 1809 update I ever had

Last edited:
Just as a general point it's not a good idea to click the "Check for updates" button because it shows you everything available including any updates which may not work well with your hardware/software combination. If the update service detects a potential problem with an update and your system, you won't routinely be offered that update - clicking the "Check for updates" button apparently overrides this check. That's one of the reasons that a lot of people had issues with the 1809 update when it was originally available. Better to just wait until the update is offered to you as you then know that it should be compatible with your system.

If you want to manually install updates like I do you first have to download them
The only way to do that is run updates on brand new OS
Then click on each update which takes you to to catalog and you download them
Then you do another fresh W10 and add them in same order

You can see from my last fresh W10 I did above in other posts there was 7 updates

fresh-1809.jpg

Now there is only 3 ...so ? .... ;)
Again look at my update lists same build ( 1809 ) media tool but different updates entirely

P.S. if I let windows do updates it will put all this .................MS malware scan, 2 x intel drivers, logitech usb, mediatek usb, cmedia ( for my 7.1 headphones ) , hololense and nvidia

Last edited:
Here is confusing update

This update link sends you to catalog all good
When you click download it has 2 updates to pick from and neither is the original KB # :O_o:
I downloaded both one gives message I said above " not for this OS "
The other one says already installed on PC even though KB# is not

lol

1 is Framework 4.72 the other is Framework 4.80 :O_o:

Last edited:
Just as a general point it's not a good idea to click the "Check for updates" button because it shows you everything available including any updates which may not work well with your hardware/software combination. If the update service detects a potential problem with an update and your system, you won't routinely be offered that update - clicking the "Check for updates" button apparently overrides this check. That's one of the reasons that a lot of people had issues with the 1809 update when it was originally available. Better to just wait until the update is offered to you as you then know that it should be compatible with your system.
Not sure why people disagree with you. It's a known fact that you are opting into "Beta" and untested updates by manually checking in Win10.

• Deleted member 197115

Good to know info, thanks for sharing.
But for completeness sake, technically this is not Beta, untested code.
MS is very clear about that. You will get these updates anyway, except instead of being bunched with Tuesday patch you could get them sooner
Still, quite sneaky on MS part to do it silently without any user consent if you are not on Insider track.
Types of monthly updates
Windows 10 quality updates are cumulative and contain all previously released fixes to guard against fragmentation of the OS that can lead to reliability and vulnerability issues when only a subset of fixes are installed. Most users are familiar with what is commonly referred to as “Patch Tuesday” or Update Tuesday. These updates are published on the second Tuesday of each month, known as the “B” release (“B” refers to the second week in the month), and are the only regular monthly releases that include both new security fixes and previously released security and non-security fixes. We chose the second Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. Pacific time to give commercial customers plenty of time to test the updates and deploy them to devices.

We also release optional updates in the third and fourth weeks of the month, respectively known as “C” and “D”releases. These are validated, production-quality optional releases, primarily for commercial customers and advanced users “seeking” updates. These updates have only non-security fixes. The intent of these releases is to provide visibility into, and enable testing of, the non-security fixes that will be included in the next Update Tuesday release (we make these optional to avoid users being rebooted more than once per month). Advanced users can access the “C” and “D” releases by navigating to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and clicking the “Check for updates” box. The “D” release has proven popular for those “seeking” to validate the non-security content of the next “B” release.

Not sure why people disagree with you. It's a known fact that you are opting into "Beta" and untested updates by manually checking in Win10.
Sorry, but whoever wrote that article you are referring to is making stuff up. It's a complete fabrication on his (well, her, it seems) part. The original Microsoft post linked in that article doesn't say anything about opting into "beta and untested updates" by clicking the update button. The MS article specifically and very clearly explains what the so-called "C" or "D" updates are:

These are validated, production-quality optional releases, primarily for commercial customers and advanced users “seeking” updates.

It says it right there. "Validated, production-quality optional releases." How that translates into "beta and untested" in someone's mind I honestly don't know. The updates are not beta nor untested, they are ready to be released, but they are just optional at the moment and will be offered to you sooner than to the rest of the users if you specifically ask to check for updates, because that shows you are willing to download updates more frequently than once a month (which is also explained right there in the MS post). That's all there is to it.

Last edited:
Old wives' tale.

Lots of old wives about:
https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/watch...till-installs-unstable-updates-on-windows-10/
https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/windows10-check-for-updates/
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/should-you-manually-check-for-updates-or-wait
https://www.askvg.com/important-if-you-click-check-for-updates-button-in-windows-10/
https://www.pcworld.com/article/332...or-updates-button-may-download-beta-code.html

The updates are not beta nor untested, they are ready to be released, but they are just optional at the moment and will be offered to you sooner than to the rest of the users if you specifically ask to check for updates

In principle you're correct, but in practice it doesn't always work out that way. During the 1809 Feature Update debacle last year, Microsoft said that update would be offered to individuals when it was deemed to be compatible with their systems - hence the reason that some got the update months before others (I wasn't offered it until December). However, if you clicked "Check for updates" you could get the update immediately and potentially get a build which would not necessarily be stable on your system.

Lots of old wives about:
https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/watch...till-installs-unstable-updates-on-windows-10/
https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/windows10-check-for-updates/
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/should-you-manually-check-for-updates-or-wait
https://www.askvg.com/important-if-you-click-check-for-updates-button-in-windows-10/
https://www.pcworld.com/article/332...or-updates-button-may-download-beta-code.html

In principle you're correct, but in practice it doesn't always work out that way. During the 1809 Feature Update debacle last year, Microsoft said that update would be offered to individuals when it was deemed to be compatible with their systems - hence the reason that some got the update months before others (I wasn't offered it until December). However, if you clicked "Check for updates" you could get the update immediately and potentially get a build which would not necessarily be stable on your system.
Exactly. The line which was conveniently omitted from above comments was:

"The intent of these releases is to provide visibility into, and enable testing of, the non-security fixes that will be included in the next Update Tuesday release."

The patches are two weeks away from prime-time availability. Of course they're "Validated", as every update offered by MS is "Valid". The intent is for corporate IT (and apparently "advanced" sim racers) to download these for pre-release testing in a production environment.

That line wasn't "conveniently omitted", take down your tinfoil hat you obviously love so much. Any piece of software provides further testing if you release it to the public compared to the always quite limited testing environment. No matter how well it is tested, no matter how big the testing group is. It doesn't mean it is "beta and untested". Again, it clearly says right there the updates are "validated and production-quality". If someone thinks that means it's "beta and untested", then they have absolutely no idea what either "beta and untested" or "production-quality" means, it's as simple as that. Or they're intentionally spreading lies, that's of course another option.

And the patches are *not* "two weeks from prime-time availability". Again, it is explained right there in that article, how is that so difficult to comprehend? They are ready for "prime-time availability", that's why you get them if you click that button. They are simply held back until the next patch day because they are *optional* and because MS doesn't want to bother regular users with downloading and installing updates more often than once per month, unless it is really critical (because if they do, the same people that complain you get "beta and untested updates" if you click the button also complain about how Windows always downloads and install updates).

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.