Windows 8.1

Justin Swan

RD-DVLC
Anybody upgraded or even bought Windows 8.1 yet? I've upgraded the laptop without any apparent side effects but holding off on the gaming PC just in case Steam/Origin , GSC etc throw a wobbler! Anybody got anything to report?

I have noticed I can't reply to threads on RD anymore using IE and have had to switch to Chrome. Not sure if this is anything @Bram Hengeveld can answer?

I've updated my pc tonight and went to try GSC only to find all the colours have gone funny and distorted. Too tired to sort it now so will investigate tomorrow. Comes up with control alt insert in bottom right when game loads up. Not happy as I'd got everything set up great before I updated.

I can't reply using IE, guessing it's down to the Ads used by RD and the Anti-Tracking used by IE.

The only problem I have had with Win 8.1 is with BitDefender Internet Security 2014 and my Network printer (Epson PX700W),since the update I simply cannot print unless I disable\bypass the Firewall, I can Scan, check ink levels and every thing else related to the printer, the only thing I can't do is print!, it was working fine before the update. I did a few Chat sessions with Epson and MS and finally narrowed the problem down to BitDefender which isn't good seeing as this was the first time since 2001 that I have moved away from Norton, I had a 30-day Trial of BitDefender and purchased it on 9th October, sadly due to this issue and the support I have been receiving from BitDefender I am getting a refund and going back to Norton.

Anyone with Windows 8 wants to participate in Project Spark Beta? I have recieved an invite, but i don't have Windows 8 which is an annoying requirement. :thumbsdown:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back